Thread: NRA vs Chicago 2A applies to states, cities.

Post imported post

Does anyone know the date of hearings of arguments in this case and any guess when a ruling would come out ?

Banned
    across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

http://www.chicagoguncase.com/

Published by Alan Gura under Uncategorized
    Here is what we can look forward to in the coming months…
    Our opening brief is due November 16.
    The city’s brief is then due December 16.
    Our reply brief is due January 15.
    The case is expected to be argued in February, with a decision expected by the end of June, 2010.

Post imported post

The case is expected to be argued in February, with a decision expected by the end of June, 2010.
    If decided in our favor, what's the ETA for the City of Chicago to actually comply with it?

Banned

Post imported post

I-ANAL A case will have to be appealed to, likely, the state Supreme Court to force judicial notice. Until then the black robed crows will have all owl eyes, hooting "Who! Who, who us?"

Post imported post

The SC agreed to hear 2nd A. Incorporation caseMcDonald vs. Chicago (attorney Alan Gura). NRA vs Chicago, a separate case, is still pending appeal to the SC. They will likely not hear it as they've chosen Gura's "McDonald", which I believe is the better of the two gun cases.

Post imported post

Assuming the SC rules the same way they did with Heller v D.C., how if anything will this affect those living in the NLS ( Nightmare Liberal States ) such as New York with its average wait of 6 months to get a pistol permit ? And California with its "safety course" to purchase a handgun since 2003 ?

Banned

Post imported post

The Heller ruling was very narrow, to the point of having nothing to to do with anything EXCEPT DC. Lots are trying to make more of it than it is, maybe a bellwether but no more.

Note that a bellwether is a castrated sheeple that, wearing a bell, leads the herd.

Post imported post

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
    The Heller ruling was very narrow, to the point of having nothing to to do with anything EXCEPT DC. Lots are trying to make more of it than it is, maybe a bellwether but no more.

Note that a bellwether is a castrated sheeple that, wearing a bell, leads the herd.
    I though that Heller was the first time that the SCOTUS ruled that the RKBA was an individual right, not specificaly tied to a military organization. No?

TFred

Banned

Post imported post

I-ANAL

I believe that the question presented to SCOTUS was of the constitutionality of two paragraphs of DC law. They were ruled unconstitutional, binding on DC.

Getting there, the Court
    Held:
    1. The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home. Pp. 2–53.
    an opinion binding on no one. Note the dearth of laws, federal or state, being rewritten solely because of this holding.

Even after incorporation against the states, I don't believe that judicial notice will be taken until a appropriate case is presented to each court.

Post imported post

Who or what the heck is "I-ANAL"...please enlighten?

Post imported post

northstar65 wrote:
    Who or what the heck is "I-ANAL"...please enlighten?

Contrary to my disbelief when I first saw it, it has nothing to do with sodomy.

I Am Not A Lawyer.

It's commonly used on these boards so people who read opinions don't take them as legal advice.