• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

have any one here been in this gun show before?

led for breakfast

imported post

hello

have any one here been at this gun show before? (Dale City, VFW Post 1503, 14631 Minnieville Rd,VA) 175 tbl

i dont want to drive all the way over there this weekend just to see 2 o 3 rusted rifles

thank you

kaiheitai17

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Yes. Many years ago it was a worthwhile gun show. Today, not so much. However, when there isn't a gunshow for many weeks, it beats nothing. It's not really that far from you, like say Richmond, so I'd suggest you go to it and see for yourself.

nova

imported post

I've gone a few times, the past few have been lacking a bit but I still like to go just to support the place and keep them coming back (more gun shows is always a good thing). Usually there's just a couple dealers (trader jerrys is usually there but with a much smaller display than at the chantilly show) and a few ammo guys with an assorted selection (usually it's a good place to get the good LEO ammo)

OC-Glock19

Founder's Club Member
imported post

ChinChin wrote:
If you are in the market for Jerky, arts and crafts, pre-pubescent boy marketed swords and knives then this is the place you want to be!!!!

Ah, those are the "unlicensed dealers" at gun shows that you hear so much about on the news.

(Edited for spelling.)

W.E.G.

imported post

Been there many times.

Small show.

Its a VFW hall.
I like the breakfast menu. Get there before they start lunch. Lunch is lousy.

Main vendor is usually Trader Jerry.
Dark Sun is there about half the time.
Otherwise, its mainly small vendors, and unfortunately a fair number of junksellers.

Most unique part of this show is the ammo-can guy who sets up outside under the pavilion. Ammo can prices are excellent, and the cans are usually in very good condition.

If you like creamed chipped beef on biscuits for breakfast, and you need a few ammo cans, its worth the trip.

Wangmuf

imported post

I went today. It wasn't too bad, except the guy in the pavilion selling ammo for almost 2X regular price. I picked up a lasergrip for $250, almost $90 less than MSRP. I may go back tomorrow to pick up the 1911 I couldn't get today since I stupidly left my motorcycle registration at home.

The 4 biggest tables inside were: a hall-length table selling mostly cheap knives, a hall-length (half-empty) table selling mostly cheap-feeling hand held single-LED flashlights, a hall-length table from a dealer I think I've seen mentioned on here, which has a "The Lavender Lady" purple Charter Arms .38 Sp. revolver my girlfriend fell in love with and I will probably buy tomorrow, and a hall-length table from Dark Sun, where I got my lasergrip. They also have the 1911 I wanted, maybe I can get a price break since I spent $250 with them today? Here's to wishful thinking.

richarcm

imported post

Wangmuf wrote:
I went today. It wasn't too bad, except the guy in the pavilion selling ammo for almost 2X regular price. I picked up a lasergrip for $250, almost $90 less than MSRP. I may go back tomorrow to pick up the 1911 I couldn't get today since I stupidly left my motorcycle registration at home.

The 4 biggest tables inside were: a hall-length table selling mostly cheap knives, a hall-length (half-empty) table selling mostly cheap-feeling hand held single-LED flashlights, a hall-length table from a dealer I think I've seen mentioned on here, which has a "The Lavender Lady" purple Charter Arms .38 Sp. revolver my girlfriend fell in love with and I will probably buy tomorrow, and a hall-length table from Dark Sun, where I got my lasergrip. They also have the 1911 I wanted, maybe I can get a price break since I spent $250 with them today? Here's to wishful thinking.
I've been about 3 times and everytime its set up almost EXACTLY the same. Its not too bad. Its something to do on a Saturday morning when not much else is going on and you are itching to spend some money....

nova

imported post

Yup. I went Sat. morning. I did notice the guy outside with all the ammo...he was reselling walmart ammo which is easily identifyable by the WMxxxx part number on the boxes, aka Federal Champion which is exclusive to Wally world.

Wangmuf

imported post

nova wrote:
Yup. I went Sat. morning. I did notice the guy outside with all the ammo...he was reselling walmart ammo which is easily identifyable by the WMxxxx part number on the boxes, aka Federal Champion which is exclusive to Wally world.

Yup, I called him on it. "Seriously, you're marking it up around 80% over retail? I'll go to Wal-mart and buy it myself." If he had only marked it up 15-20% I would have bought ALL the .40 he had.

Chuckles

imported post

Wangmuf wrote:
...Dark Sun, where I got my lasergrip. They also have the 1911 I wanted, maybe I can get a price break since I spent $250 with them today? Here's to wishful thinking.
Discount? From Dark Sun? Wishful thinking indeed.

kaiheitai17

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Chuckles wrote:
Wangmuf wrote:
...Dark Sun, where I got my lasergrip. They also have the 1911 I wanted, maybe I can get a price break since I spent $250 with them today? Here's to wishful thinking.
Discount? From Dark Sun? Wishful thinking indeed.
Especially as they pretty much have lower prices than any other dealer at the show.

dixiehacker

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I have been going there for about 4 years as I used to live about 5 minutes from there. It is hit or miss. I actually got my first revolver there, a S&W 642 for $275. I have been there when there was a great selection, and I have also been there when it looked like a spencers gifts in the mall.