• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anti-gun lobby reaches new low exploiting SPD slaying

joeroket

imported post

Very well written, as usual, Dave.

As the son of a slain SPD officer I am pissed that they are using this horrid tragedy to further their cause and try to gain a foothold in Olympia. They ought to have their non-profit status revoked for their demeaning methods.

DEROS72

imported post

I knew it wouldn't take them long to use something like this to go after law abiding citizens that have commited no crimes.I still don't understand why they think they even have the right to vote wheather you and I carry a firearm.They don't have that right.Gun owners in this state represent all ends of the political spectrum and we need to make it clear to any state legislator that even discussing a ban like that will get them voted out in a New York minute.

I ,as I have said before myself and all law abiding citizens do not answer to these people .We don't need their permision to bear arms of any kind for our protection and that of loved ones and our homes.Your neighbors have not the right to tell us we can't.We the AVERAGE CITIZEN will not give up our firearms in any form.Nor is it anyones business what and how many I own.

I t was obviously NOT a law abiding citizen that killed this officer .My sicerest condloences to the mans family He was truly one ofthe finest Seattle has to offer.

FMCDH

imported post

Outraged, YES....surprised, no.:(

How else do you expect an organization such as Ceasefire to react? An organization that bases it entire existence on propagating a fear of its fellow citizen. This is an organization that professes to have everyone's interests at heart, but in the same breath is doing everything it can to make sure only criminals and gangs carry firearms.

Ron White said it best... "You cant fix stupid." ...and THEIR kind of stupid is the worst kind.

44Brent

imported post

THEIR kind of stupid is the worst kind.

I think you misunderstand Washington Ceasefire by attributing their actions to stupidity. I submit that they know exactly what they are doing, and that their intentions are the following:
  1. Ensure that you are defenseless.
  2. Ensure that you do not have the means to defend yourselves from a totalitarian government.
They don't want a "safe" society, they want you enslaved, or DEAD.

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

44Brent wrote:

I think you misunderstand Washington Ceasefire by attributing their actions to stupidity. I submit that they know exactly what they are doing, and that their intentions are the following:
  2. Ensure that you do not have the means to defend yourselves from a totalitarian government.
Precisely. Pure evil must masquerade as ignorant to get away with its crimes against humanity.

FMCDH

imported post

N6ATF wrote:
44Brent wrote:

Precisely. Pure evil must masquerade as ignorant to get away with its crimes against humanity.
No argument here. My comment was intended to be taken as suggestive sarcasm. ;)

Richard6218

imported post

FMCDH wrote:
N6ATF wrote:
44Brent wrote:

No argument here. My comment was intended to be taken as suggestive sarcasm. ;)

Thegun grabbing is not all they want. This isjust another toolof the Statists in destroying the entire Bill of Rights, nay the whole Constitution. It's about control of the populace and elimination of ALL of our rights. Gun control is just one of their weapons because it hits a nerve with their supporters.

Johnny Law

imported post

Unfortunatly, it will only add fuel to their fire as a rifle was used and it is believed that it was a .223, making this a "perfect example" for Wa. cease fire to use in their campaign. One thing that could only make it worse is if they find that the rifle used came from a gun show.

Dave Workman

imported post

Johnny Law wrote:
Unfortunatly, it will only add fuel to their fire as a rifle was used and it is believed that it was a .223, making this a "perfect example" for Wa. cease fire to use in their campaign. One thing that could only make it worse is if they find that the rifle used came from a gun show.

Your source on this, please?

Johnny Law

imported post

Dave Workman wrote:
Johnny Law wrote:

Your source on this, please?
My apoligies Dave, I am not at liberty togive this out. The details will be released when SPD is at a point in their investigation that they choose to release it.

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Well .223's also come in bolt action and single shot flavors, as well as the Mini 14 "ranch rifle" but we all know that any semi auto centerfire is an "assault rifle" when the antis want it to be. My condolences to the officer's family, this is pretty shitty. Even shittier is that CeaseFire is using it as a propaganda tool.

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

sv_libertarian wrote:
Well .223's also come in bolt action and single shot flavors, as well as the Mini 14 "ranch rifle" but we all know that any semi auto centerfire is an "assault rifle" when the antis want it to be. My condolences to the officer's family, this is pretty @#$%ty. Even @#$%tier is that CeaseFire is using it as a propaganda tool.
The hell with semi auto centerfires, they lie about .22LR bolt actions being assault rifles too. If they ever succeeded in banning those, then they'd regress to the Daisy Red Ryder.

DEROS72

imported post

I just yesterday purchased a Ruger Mini -14 with folding stock swift 4 x scope .5 30 rnd mags.a 20 a10 and a 5.I'll be damed if they take that away.

Dave Workman

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
I just yesterday purchased a Ruger Mini -14 with folding stock swift 4 x scope .5 30 rnd mags.a 20 a10 and a 5.I'll be damed if they take that away.

Well, then, get set for a fight in Olympia come January.

I've got a Ruger 10/22 with an accessory folding stock and a pair of 25-round Ram Line banana clips. Put them all together and they spell 'ASSAULT WEAPON' for the CeaseFire-Kline/Kohl-Welles crowd.

DEROS72

imported post

They can,t seriously think they can come and take away weapons we already own.

I will not give it up.They haveno business telling folks what they can own or not.Are we really going to let them get away with that crap.What part of theshall not be infringed don't they get.??
If they get away with that then they will say that semi auto pistols should be banned. They only time I would use my weapon would be to protect my right to keep it.

Dave Workman

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
They can,t seriously think they can come and take away weapons we already own.

I will not give it up.They haveno business telling folks what they can own or not.Are we really going to let them get away with that crap.What part of theshall not be infringed don't they get.??
If they get away with that then they will say that semi auto pistols should be banned. They only time I would use my weapon would be to protect my right to keep it.

Interesting thought.

:D