• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

St. Louis, MO: Suspect shot in chest during home invasion

Medscape

imported post

"One bleeding-heart type asked me in a recent interview if I did not agree that ‘violence begets violence.’ I told him that it is my earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure—and in some cases I have—that any man who offers violence to his fellow citizen begets a whole lot more in return than he can enjoy." -- Jeff Cooper

brolin_1911a1

imported post

"The victim's gun was registered and he had all
the proper permits. The investigation is ongoing."

Excuse me... Registered? Permits? In Missouri? We have neither any registration nor any permit system in Missouri. Neither is required nor is there any legal mechanism whereby a legally owned gun can be registered or have a permit issued. What permits or registration could the burglary victim have had? We did have a requirement that a citizen get a permit to acquire a handgun but that was repealed effective Aug. 14, 2007.

But at least the report got it right who was the victim, i.e., the resident being burgled rather than the burglary who was justifiably shot.