Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BOYCOTT Marys pistols

Post imported post

Post imported post

I've never been there, but what did you ask he that casued him to toss you out?
    Im proudly straight. I'm free to not support Legalization, GLBT, Illegal Aliens, or the Islamization of America.

Post imported post

Post imported post

I'm Andrew...... But I don't work there :P

Post imported post

Where is the shop? I'd like to see if he just is rude to Marines or if he is just rude to everyone. I'm actually looking for a gun for my wife.

Post imported post

Squeak wrote:
    Where is the shop? I'd like to see if he just is rude to Marines or if he is just rude to everyone. I'm actually looking for a gun for my wife.
    4040 S Tyler #10A
    Tacoma, WA 98409
    (253) 671-8211

They’re open
    Tuesday through Saturday
    10am – 6pm

http://www.maryspistols.com/

Banned

Post imported post

DELETED BY MODERATOR FOR BEING A PERSONAL ATTACK

Post imported post

jarhead1055 wrote:
    So i know a few of you would like to see him gone and i spoke with Dan about this several times and he is not prepaired to remove him from the shop so i am asking those of you who are not impressed with him...
    What was Dan's response? Why doesn't Dan want to remove Andrew?

Post imported post

Just go to LEED on 6th Ave in Tacoma. They have a good selection of stuff there.

Post imported post

Hmm, sounds like this new guy is really causing issues. I've never, ever had a problem with Dan or Mary before. I will have to go in this week sometime if I can and see for myself what's going on. It may just be your enigmatic personality rubbing off.

Post imported post

jarhead1055 wrote:
    i asked if he was on the FFL yet....(SNIP)dan or marry was not in the store it was an appropriate question.
    You don't have to be "on" the FFL to sell a gun/perform a NICS check/etc...as an employee of a gunshop. I've worked for 2 different gunshops and was never "on" any FFL.

As for the employee in question, I've met the guy, and he's "abrasive," but no more than a couple of the people that frequent these very boards. He's got the "I am/was military so I automatically know everything about guns"-attitude that I've seen in the past. I just steer clear from people like that, him included.

If there is this much of a problem, I doubt that Mary and Dan are oblivious to the fact, but bringing a print-out of an internet thread carries little-to-no weight to a small business owner/operator. If a couple of people bring their concerns directly to the owners, this will likely have much more of an effect, either to have the behavior corrected, or the situation corrected.

Post imported post

DELETED BY MODERATOR FOR BEING A PERSONAL ATTACK (ALBEIT IN RESPONSE TO AN EARLIER PERSONAL ATTACK)

Post imported post

...Can someone fill me in on how what Boo Boo said was so offensive?

Also, shouldn't flame wars be kept to PM's? lol... pms...
    Quote Originally Posted by SayWhat View Post

Shooters before hooters.

Post imported post

BOYCOTT Marys pistols

No

Post imported post

Post imported post

Post imported post

jarhead1055 wrote:
    what the hell is he talking about? what does AR15 have todo with this?
    http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.htm...5&t=384241

Post imported post

Banned

Post imported post

they want me to be their sheeple and can't stand I wont be.I have my own views andas far as being anti gun. I think maybe he shouldn't be after his outburst of false accusationsand I have never had a loaded rifle in my trunk. I have had loaded mags with my rifle. but I guess people like to spin their own tales to make them feel good.

and whats wrong with body armor? i prefer to make it home in one piece, do you?

never been to mary's myself but you hear them telling everyone marys is the place to go. maybe they like abrasive people and dont like people who don't fit in their kiss are asses wayor we will be mean to you. no idea

Post imported post

Post imported post

jarhead1055 wrote:
    hey body armor is great specially if you have it and your enemy does not
    Until you're hit with a .308 Win round from Mainsail's new rifle.

Post imported post

G20-IWB24/7 wrote:
    jarhead1055 wrote:
    i asked if he was on the FFL yet....(SNIP)dan or marry was not in the store it was an appropriate question.
    You don't have to be "on" the FFL to sell a gun/perform a NICS check/etc...as an employee of a gunshop. I've worked for 2 different gunshops and was never "on" any FFL.

As for the employee in question, I've met the guy, and he's "abrasive," but no more than a couple of the people that frequent these very boards. He's got the "I am/was military so I automatically know everything about guns"-attitude that I've seen in the past. I just steer clear from people like that, him included.

If there is this much of a problem, I doubt that Mary and Dan are oblivious to the fact, but bringing a print-out of an internet thread carries little-to-no weight to a small business owner/operator. If a couple of people bring their concerns directly to the owners, this will likely have much more of an effect, either to have the behavior corrected, or the situation corrected.
    Maybe it would be a good idea to invite Don and/or Mary to respond here to j1055's posted concerns.

Right now, we're only getting j1055's side of the story. Somehow, I think there is more to this situation than has been detailed.

Heck, maybe we should invite the Andrew guy too. That's who the beef is with, mostly.

So far we have a one-sided account and complaint by j1055. Maybe Andrew has some additional information about the incident...

Or some complaint about j1055... Maybe not. But getting the other side would add to this discussion.

Post imported post

G20-IWB24/7 wrote:
    jarhead1055 wrote:

You are more wrong than you know. As an FFL holder I can verify that should I hire any employees whose role will be manufacturing frames or selling firearms, they MUST be on my FFL. That is Federal Law. If you were never on the FFL, then those gun shops were in violation.

As far as Mary's goes, never been there, don't have any plans of being there.

Post imported post

Never really had an issue with him. He was cool with me but Mary and Dan were in the shop at the time. I stopped going there when they jacked up the prices on their PMC and Wolf ammo.

And what the hell is LEED?
    "Think lightly of yourself and deeply of the world." ~ Musashi

Post imported post

gsx1138 wrote:
    Never really had an issue with him. He was cool with me but Mary and Dan were in the shop at the time. I stopped going there when they jacked up the prices on their PMC and Wolf ammo.

And what the hell is LEED?
    Law Enforcement Equipment Distribution

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast