• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

BOYCOTT Marys pistols

jbone

imported post

I've never been there, but what did you ask he that casued him to toss you out?

Squeak

imported post

Where is the shop? I'd like to see if he just is rude to Marines or if he is just rude to everyone. I'm actually looking for a gun for my wife.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

jarhead1055 wrote:
So i know a few of you would like to see him gone and i spoke with Dan about this several times and he is not prepaired to remove him from the shop so i am asking those of you who are not impressed with him...

What was Dan's response? Why doesn't Dan want to remove Andrew?

compmanio365

imported post

Hmm, sounds like this new guy is really causing issues. I've never, ever had a problem with Dan or Mary before. I will have to go in this week sometime if I can and see for myself what's going on. It may just be your enigmatic personality rubbing off. :lol:

G20-IWB24/7

imported post

jarhead1055 wrote:
i asked if he was on the FFL yet....(SNIP)dan or marry was not in the store it was an appropriate question.

You don't have to be "on" the FFL to sell a gun/perform a NICS check/etc...as an employee of a gunshop. I've worked for 2 different gunshops and was never "on" any FFL.

As for the employee in question, I've met the guy, and he's "abrasive," but no more than a couple of the people that frequent these very boards. He's got the "I am/was military so I automatically know everything about guns"-attitude that I've seen in the past. I just steer clear from people like that, him included.

If there is this much of a problem, I doubt that Mary and Dan are oblivious to the fact, but bringing a print-out of an internet thread carries little-to-no weight to a small business owner/operator. If a couple of people bring their concerns directly to the owners, this will likely have much more of an effect, either to have the behavior corrected, or the situation corrected.

.45ACPaddy

imported post

...Can someone fill me in on how what Boo Boo said was so offensive?

Also, shouldn't flame wars be kept to PM's? lol... pms...

Boo Boo

Banned
imported post

they want me to be their sheeple and can't stand I wont be.I have my own views andas far as being anti gun. I think maybe he shouldn't be after his outburst of false accusationsand I have never had a loaded rifle in my trunk. I have had loaded mags with my rifle. but I guess people like to spin their own tales to make them feel good.

and whats wrong with body armor? i prefer to make it home in one piece, do you?

never been to mary's myself but you hear them telling everyone marys is the place to go. maybe they like abrasive people and dont like people who don't fit in their kiss are asses wayor we will be mean to you. no idea