• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

BOYCOTT Marys pistols

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

G20-IWB24/7 wrote:
jarhead1055 wrote:
i asked if he was on the FFL yet....(SNIP)dan or marry was not in the store it was an appropriate question.

You don't have to be "on" the FFL to sell a gun/perform a NICS check/etc...as an employee of a gunshop. I've worked for 2 different gunshops and was never "on" any FFL.

As for the employee in question, I've met the guy, and he's "abrasive," but no more than a couple of the people that frequent these very boards. He's got the "I am/was military so I automatically know everything about guns"-attitude that I've seen in the past. I just steer clear from people like that, him included.

If there is this much of a problem, I doubt that Mary and Dan are oblivious to the fact, but bringing a print-out of an internet thread carries little-to-no weight to a small business owner/operator. If a couple of people bring their concerns directly to the owners, this will likely have much more of an effect, either to have the behavior corrected, or the situation corrected.

Maybe it would be a good idea to invite Don and/or Mary to respond here to j1055's posted concerns.

Right now, we're only getting j1055's side of the story. Somehow, I think there is more to this situation than has been detailed.

Heck, maybe we should invite the Andrew guy too. That's who the beef is with, mostly.

So far we have a one-sided account and complaint by j1055. Maybe Andrew has some additional information about the incident...

Or some complaint about j1055... Maybe not. But getting the other side would add to this discussion.

sirpuma

imported post

G20-IWB24/7 wrote:
jarhead1055 wrote:
i asked if he was on the FFL yet....(SNIP)dan or marry was not in the store it was an appropriate question.

You don't have to be "on" the FFL to sell a gun/perform a NICS check/etc...as an employee of a gunshop. I've worked for 2 different gunshops and was never "on" any FFL.

As for the employee in question, I've met the guy, and he's "abrasive," but no more than a couple of the people that frequent these very boards. He's got the "I am/was military so I automatically know everything about guns"-attitude that I've seen in the past. I just steer clear from people like that, him included.

If there is this much of a problem, I doubt that Mary and Dan are oblivious to the fact, but bringing a print-out of an internet thread carries little-to-no weight to a small business owner/operator. If a couple of people bring their concerns directly to the owners, this will likely have much more of an effect, either to have the behavior corrected, or the situation corrected.
You are more wrong than you know. As an FFL holder I can verify that should I hire any employees whose role will be manufacturing frames or selling firearms, they MUST be on my FFL. That is Federal Law. If you were never on the FFL, then those gun shops were in violation.

As far as Mary's goes, never been there, don't have any plans of being there.

gsx1138

imported post

Never really had an issue with him. He was cool with me but Mary and Dan were in the shop at the time. I stopped going there when they jacked up the prices on their PMC and Wolf ammo.

And what the hell is LEED?

swatspyder

imported post

gsx1138 wrote:
Never really had an issue with him. He was cool with me but Mary and Dan were in the shop at the time. I stopped going there when they jacked up the prices on their PMC and Wolf ammo.

Law Enforcement Equipment Distribution

Squeak

imported post

Ya know guys. I'm not very savvy on computers, but I do know what the 'PM' means. I, for one, am really tired of the bickering that is going on. I left a forum a while back for this very reason. I guess I could do the same here. But, then maybe you just don't care. My opinion only.

David.Car

imported post

Man the gunstore arguement is so much easier here on the east side of the state. The people are nice in every shop I have been in, but I will not give my buisness to Sharp Shooting since they won't support OC. (Remember, first time shooters coming into a gun store/range might be scared if they see someone carrying a gun in a holster... Thanks for that amazing wisdom Sharp Shooting...)

Nosrac

imported post

I was in there 2 weeks ago and talked to the gentleman in question. I could see that he could be a little prickly but more of a know it all than anything. Dan was there too so that may be the difference.

Nice "don't tread on me shirts" they be sportin'. :)

gsx1138

imported post

swatspyder wrote:
gsx1138 wrote:

Law Enforcement Equipment Distribution
How are their prices? I know the tactical store in Lakewood is overpriced for all the military guys with expendable income.

heresolong

imported post

swatspyder wrote:
jarhead1055 wrote:
hey body armor is great specially if you have it and your enemy does not
Until you're hit with a .308 Win round from Mainsail's new rifle.
I'd still rather have it than not have it, regardless of what you are being hit by. It will still slow the bullet down some before it gets to you.

FMCDH

imported post

Perhaps a simple...This is what happened to me, be aware if you go... would have sufficed in this situation, instead of calling for a boycott.

I will make my own determinations. If the owners are still the ones getting my money, I personally don't care how rude the hired help is, because I just wont do business with that individual that rubs me wrong. Ill let the owners know that, and let them decide. If there are enough people who complain in person, I'm sure they will take care of any situation however they need to.

I'm not going to punish Mary and her business for another persons actions.

JMHO

BHPhunter

imported post

This topic seems to have absolutely nothing to do with open carry and more to do with a personal attack on someone directly andat least threepersons livelihood entirely. I've shopped at Mary's Pistols for almost 3 years and have purchased over a dozen high dollar items there. The only time I have ever felt unwelcome or uncomfortable there is when a bald guy was working there about 4-6 months ago. I've been in there a few times over the past few weeks and I have met and spoken to "Andrew". He's your typical vet. He knows a lot and doesn't really beat around the bush. A lot of people find that to be "rude". I find that to just be simple honesty. Maybe (more than likely actually)this guy "Andrew" had a perfectly good and ligitimate reason to tossing you out on your can and you're just omitting it to make yourself look like the victim? Interesting that there is only one side to the story here. Glad to see we're still in highschool... maybe next he'll throw you in your locker or slap you across the face with his jock-strap.

You got tossed out of a shop. Ok. Don't go back and spend your money there. But calling for a boycott over having YOUR feelings hurtis childishin the least and just plain stupid. Grow up, dude.If they were selling illegal Guatamalen rainbowracinglizards out of the back then sure, boycott them. But they weren't, now were they?

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

FMCDH wrote:
Perhaps a simple...This is what happened to me, be aware if you go... would have sufficed in this situation, instead of calling for a boycott.

I will make my own determinations. If the owners are still the ones getting my money, I personally don't care how rude the hired help is, because I just wont do business with that individual that rubs me wrong. Ill let the owners know that, and let them decide. If there are enough people who complain in person, I'm sure they will take care of any situation however they need to.

I'm not going to punish Mary and her business for another persons actions.

As some people are suit-happy, others areare boycott happy. They'll send out a call to boycott one business or another at the drop of a hat.

Must be because of all the success with boycotts against Wal-Mart...

Vandal

imported post

BHPhunter wrote:
This topic seems to have absolutely nothing to do with open carry and more to do with a personal attack on someone directly and at least three persons livelihood entirely. I've shopped at Mary's Pistols for almost 3 years and have purchased over a dozen high dollar items there. The only time I have ever felt unwelcome or uncomfortable there is when a bald guy was working there about 4-6 months ago. I've been in there a few times over the past few weeks and I have met and spoken to "Andrew". He's your typical vet. He knows a lot and doesn't really beat around the bush. A lot of people find that to be "rude". I find that to just be simple honesty. Maybe (more than likely actually) this guy "Andrew" had a perfectly good and ligitimate reason to tossing you out on your can and you're just omitting it to make yourself look like the victim? Interesting that there is only one side to the story here. Glad to see we're still in highschool... maybe next he'll throw you in your locker or slap you across the face with his jock-strap.

You got tossed out of a shop. Ok. Don't go back and spend your money there. But calling for a boycott over having YOUR feelings hurt is childish in the least and just plain stupid. Grow up, dude. If they were selling illegal Guatamalen rainbow racing lizards out of the back then sure, boycott them. But they weren't, now were they?

Showing up on a forum and this is your first post, a bit fishy to me. Offer something useful to the thread or go away. The question was appropriate and the response from "Andrew" was not. I personally would expect more from a fellow Vet and I bet Jarhead does toot. There are a good number of Vets on here too and most are articulate, smart and readily give good advice, not smart a$$ comments.

If you have other info that may be pertinent, share it so that we can have both sides. Until then, take your personal attacks and be gone troll.

It should also be mentioned that there is at least one other gun shop that is being boycotted do to the actions of the owners and employees.