• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

BOYCOTT Marys pistols

OpenWide45

imported post

The only persons who have to be listed on the FFL are the "responsible" parties who make decisions on store policy or directions according to the application itself. Wal-Mart would have a difficult time keeping their FFL if it had to be updated every time someone gained or lost a job there.

Asking that question was inappropriate - no matter the inflection, which no one here can hear.

You think you were like :question:, but maybe others found you more like :cuss:.

Unicorn

imported post

sirpuma wrote:
G20-IWB24/7 wrote:
jarhead1055 wrote:
i asked if he was on the FFL yet....(SNIP) dan or marry was not in the store it was an appropriate question.

You don't have to be "on" the FFL to sell a gun/perform a NICS check/etc... as an employee of a gunshop.  I've worked for 2 different gunshops and was never "on" any FFL.

As for the employee in question, I've met the guy, and he's "abrasive," but no more than a couple of the people that frequent these very boards.  He's got the "I am/was military so I automatically know everything about guns"-attitude that I've seen in the past.  I just steer clear from people like that, him included. 

If there is this much of a problem, I doubt that Mary and Dan are oblivious to the fact, but bringing a print-out of an internet thread carries little-to-no weight to a small business owner/operator.  If a couple of people bring their concerns directly to the owners, this will likely have much more of an effect, either to have the behavior corrected, or the situation corrected.
You are more wrong than you know. As an FFL holder I can verify that should I hire any employees whose role will be manufacturing frames or selling firearms, they MUST be on my FFL. That is Federal Law. If you were never on the FFL, then those gun shops were in violation.

As far as Mary's goes, never been there, don't have any plans of being there.

What??? Do you have a quote from the federal law? I'm betting you don't. Think about it. Do you think that Wal-Mart or Big-5 have a few thousand of their gun department clerks on their FFLS? How about the people at Colt, DPMS, Oly, Mega Machine Shop, Aero Precision, etcetera that make guns? Do they have to have however many hundreds of their employees on their FFLS?
Only the "responsible parties," those that are responsible for control and the direction of the business need to be on the FFL.

Great, I've been here for two years, and I finally post and I waste it on this... :banghead:;)

OpenWide45

imported post

Your client? You're a gun deal broker of some sort?

The form did not have to be signed for him to get a gun. That makes you a liar.

Andrew can do everything start to finish and do it legally and correctly without Dan or Mary.

He is also trusted to man the store alone.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

jarhead1055 wrote:
it was asked because the form needed to be signed so my client could take the weapon could be taken with him, its a lagit question as the owners were not there so instead of being polite about it and just saying no im not he had to be a ass and my client couldnt wait to get out of there.
What did Dan say when you talked to him about it?

OpenWide45

imported post

Vandal wrote:
BHPhunter wrote:
This topic seems to have absolutely nothing to do with open carry and more to do with a personal attack on someone directly andat least threepersons livelihood entirely. I've shopped at Mary's Pistols for almost 3 years and have purchased over a dozen high dollar items there. The only time I have ever felt unwelcome or uncomfortable there is when a bald guy was working there about 4-6 months ago. I've been in there a few times over the past few weeks and I have met and spoken to "Andrew". He's your typical vet. He knows a lot and doesn't really beat around the bush. A lot of people find that to be "rude". I find that to just be simple honesty. Maybe (more than likely actually)this guy "Andrew" had a perfectly good and ligitimate reason to tossing you out on your can and you're just omitting it to make yourself look like the victim? Interesting that there is only one side to the story here. Glad to see we're still in highschool... maybe next he'll throw you in your locker or slap you across the face with his jock-strap.

You got tossed out of a shop. Ok. Don't go back and spend your money there. But calling for a boycott over having YOUR feelings hurtis childishin the least and just plain stupid. Grow up, dude.If they were selling illegal Guatamalen rainbowracinglizards out of the back then sure, boycott them. But they weren't, now were they?

Showing up on a forum and this is your first post, a bit fishy to me. Offer something useful to the thread or go away. The question was appropriate and the response from "Andrew" was not. I personally would expect more from a fellow Vet and I bet Jarhead does toot. There are a good number of Vets on here too and most are articulate, smart and readily give good advice, not smart a$$ comments.

If you have other info that may be pertinent, share it so that we can have both sides. Until then, take your personal attacks and be gone troll.

It should also be mentioned that there is at least one other gun shop that is being boycotted do to the actions of the owners and employees.
You can bet there will be other newbs posting in Mary's defense. It's a popular shop.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

OpenWide45 wrote:
You can bet there will be other newbs posting in Mary's defense. It's a popular shop.

That will be interesting.

I'd love to read what Andrew or Dan or Mary have to say about the incident.

Can anyone get word to them that they'd be welcome to join OCDO and make their viewsknown?

OpenWide45

imported post

jarhead1055 wrote:
Unicorn wrote:
sirpuma wrote:
G20-IWB24/7 wrote:
jarhead1055 wrote:
i asked if he was on the FFL yet....(SNIP)dan or marry was not in the store it was an appropriate question.

You don't have to be "on" the FFL to sell a gun/perform a NICS check/etc...as an employee of a gunshop. I've worked for 2 different gunshops and was never "on" any FFL.

As for the employee in question, I've met the guy, and he's "abrasive," but no more than a couple of the people that frequent these very boards. He's got the "I am/was military so I automatically know everything about guns"-attitude that I've seen in the past. I just steer clear from people like that, him included.

If there is this much of a problem, I doubt that Mary and Dan are oblivious to the fact, but bringing a print-out of an internet thread carries little-to-no weight to a small business owner/operator. If a couple of people bring their concerns directly to the owners, this will likely have much more of an effect, either to have the behavior corrected, or the situation corrected.
You are more wrong than you know. As an FFL holder I can verify that should I hire any employees whose role will be manufacturing frames or selling firearms, they MUST be on my FFL. That is Federal Law. If you were never on the FFL, then those gun shops were in violation.

As far as Mary's goes, never been there, don't have any plans of being there.

What??? Do you have a quote from the federal law? I'm betting you don't. Think about it. Do you think that Wal-Mart or Big-5 have a few thousand of their gun department clerks on their FFLS? How about the people at Colt, DPMS, Oly, Mega Machine Shop, Aero Precision, etcetera that make guns? Do they have to have however many hundreds of their employees on their FFLS?
Only the "responsible parties," those that are responsible for control and the direction of the business need to be on the FFL.

Great, I've been here for two years, and I finally post and I waste it on this... :banghead:;)
Persons who engage in the business of buying or selling firearms must be licensed by the Federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives of the U.S. Department of Justice. A special class of "licensed collectors" provides for the purchase and sale of firearms designated by the BATFE as "curios and relics." Class III dealers may sell fully-automatic firearms manufactured prior to May 19, 1986, and other federally registered firearms and devices restricted under Title II of the Gun Control Act, to individuals who obtain approval from the U.S. Secretary of the Treasury after payment of a tax and clearance following a criminal background check.
Violations of restrictions on Title II firearms and devices are punishable by a penalty of up to $10,000 and 10 years imprisonment.
[align=center] Copyright 2009, National Rifle Association of America, Institute for Legislative Action.[/align]http://www.nraila.org/GunLaws/Federal/Read.aspx?id=60

"engage in the business"....

Employees are not in the business, they work for the owners who are 'engaged in the business'.

I checked the application for FFL and the only persons required to be listed are the 'responsible' parties to making business decisions.

OpenWide45

imported post

HankT wrote:
OpenWide45 wrote:

Can anyone get word to them that they'd be welcome to join OCDO and make their viewsknown?

It would be a poor business decision to openly respond to a smear campaign.

Just what gun owners everywhere should worry about. Adam-Henry's with poor language skills and guns starting sh*t with other gun owners..

OpenWide45

imported post

jarhead1055 wrote:
And people that work for WalMart and Big 5 have someone on staff to sign off on the 4473 and as Andy is not there on paper i.e. IRS or on the FFL i think i proved my point.

Hey i didnt start this topic to bash Marys pistols i started this topic so that people were aware of what was going on there with the new guy. And with other people getting in on this and putting there opinions and experiences on here about this shop i think its good.

Im not happy that the owners are not doing anything about it but i am more upset that he is ruining the reputation of a shop allot of us have shown loyalty to for years.
Maybe you could show your 'loyalty' to this forum. Obviously a word you take lightly.

Boo Boo

Banned
imported post

here you go and I stand corrected, they are big girls over at ar15

lots of love goes out to all my peeps

pennies.jpg

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

jarhead1055 wrote:
OpenWide45 wrote:
HankT wrote:
OpenWide45 wrote:

It would be a poor business decision to openly respond to a smear campaign.

Just what gun owners everywhere should worry about. Adam-Henry's with poor language skills and guns starting sh*t with other gun owners..
Smear campaign? i love it, instead of posting something intelligent u post that...... All we need now is Boo Boo putting his 2 cents in on this again. That would really make my nite.

And for your info i didnt call them today and threaten them, They called me and threatened me.....

So that is the bad business practices that wont help the situation but hey what do i know?
Wow. What was the nature of the threat?

BHPhunter

imported post

jarhead1055 wrote:
Hey i didnt start this topic to bash Marys pistols i started this topic so that people were aware of what was going on there with the new guy.
Sorry man, it seems that more than anything, this was, in fact, exactly your intent. The more you write the more comes to light. So you're a former employee... I don't really need to read too hard between the lines there. It sounds like you have a lot more baggage than you're willing to admit to.

Why the hell am I still posting on this? I joined this forum for info on open carry events in my area... not pissing matches....

sv_libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

Marc, grow up some please. Shitty service happens, or you quite literally cannot please everyone. I know I can't make everyone happy at my job, and some even leave pissed. Usually they came in with an attitude and/or mental health issues to begin with, or simply have unrealistic demands that I cannot meet. Yet I've never heard of anyone demanding a boycott of the businesses I represent because they've left upset after talking to me. Strangely enough I do my job to the best of my ability and by and large, I get by and even get respect.

You can't please everyone, and quite frankly I think you've got a crappy attitude over this, and expect everything to go your way. Why aren't you working there anymore BTW?

jarhead1911A

imported post

BHPhunter wrote:
jarhead1055 wrote:
Hey i didnt start this topic to bash Marys pistols i started this topic so that people were aware of what was going on there with the new guy.
Sorry man, it seems that more than anything, this was, in fact, exactly your intent. The more you write the more comes to light. So you're a former employee... I don't really need to read too hard between the lines there. It sounds like you have a lot more baggage than you're willing to admit to.
Nope i have no baggage or loyalty to people who lie to me and treat me like crap...... I am smart enough to not let idiotic decitions effect my life and i dont drag things around with me.

Something tells me if everyone on here KNEW what really goes on in that place you wouldnt want to deal with them.... But hey who i am to spill the beans about other peoples lifes????