• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Harassed by employee at Sandy Walmart - Good outcome!

Athanasia

imported post

I live in Salt Lake County and open carry all the time. I have only had one problem and that was at Costco. I get a lot of people who stare and kids who ask questions. Other then that I get left alone. I think most people don't notice.

kirkaroberts

imported post

Athanasia wrote:
I live in Salt Lake County and open carry all the time. I have only had one problem and that was at Costco. I get a lot of people who stare and kids who ask questions. Other then that I get left alone. I think most people don't notice.
I think that if you are "Clean Cut" you get harassed less. Also, I always make it a point to be the most polite, friendliest person in the entire establishment. That seems to help also. I have only had one negative comment ever while OC'ing and it was at the Ogden Costco, where I was asked to leave. Other than that, I have had countless positive feedback incidents. Presentation seems to take a large role in how you are treated, although, sometimes you just get the person who doesn't know you aren't doing anything illegal and takes it upon themselves to set you straight. Unfortunately, those people will always be out there.

UtahJarhead

imported post

I'm debating on open carrying at Best Buy and Target even though they're full-blown shopping frenzy headquarters.

The Big Guy

imported post

Regarding the posts about never seeing anyone else OC in the St George area: I travel over that way on occasion and always OC. I have seen several people carry there as well, mostly in Hurricane. I have never had a comment or as much as a sideways glance. One of the things I have noticed however is that when I OC with my family in tow, I get less "looks". I'm guessing thata lone man with a gun may make some uneasy but with Wife and a passel of kids they don't feel threatened.