• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Beware OC in WEST JORDAN CITY

XDdude

imported post

I work with carlj and KaleIsbell and I seen carlj and the officer in discussion. It was Officer Caughey (Coy). I am a long time reader but first time posteras well. I hope this will help.

Utah_Patriot

imported post

Then one of you need to take action contact your elected officials or West Jordan Brass and rersolve this issue.

You need to get a plan of action maybe start by contacting his Sgt or Command and talking with them about it. If that does not work move to the next step.

I can't call them for you because it did not happen to me. So can one of you commit to contacting his SGT or LT or Capt tommorow. I am pretty sure this will resolve the issue without much further action.

Be sure to get names and times when contacting these officials. you will be suprised on how quickly this issue becomes not a issue.

Thanks

Zach 801-448-7574

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

KalelIsbell wrote:
An officerfor West Jordan City just informed us that if you are seen carring a gun in West Jordanand someone calls and complains, they will and i quote" have 10 officers surround, you throw you to the ground, point guns at your head, arrest you,
confiscate your gun, and site you for being a public nuisance" end quote, they are not going to talk to you, in fact the office was very angry about the whole idea of open carry ...He thensaid you may get your gun back, but you will not get out of the citation...
why are you asking the police for legal advice? This is what you will almost always get - nuttery.

thx997303

imported post

Sounds like you guys need to take action on this. Can't have this sort of opinion enforcement from PUBLIC SERVANTS.

The People are in power. Remember that.

XDdude

imported post

carlj and KaleIsbelltried to get a hold of the top brass today but were unable togetin contactwith anyone. We will try again tomorrow, I live in WJ and OC often.I am new to OCing and haven't had any bad experiences nor doI want one.I want this resolved ASAP.Thanks to all for the info and a point in direction.

b1ack5mith

imported post

10people pointing guns at my head? sounds like going trick-or-treating as a sheet ghost in LA :p (if you dont get this joke, you've lived a very sheltered life)

in all seriousness, those officers could'nt get away with that... they would get introuble for it for sure.

Utahjarhead, there is no such thing as a badge #... not trying to be a jerk or anything. I was told that by "SGT. Jensen (not our sgt. jensen)" of provo PD. He was the dude I called to complain about provo's off duty officer who knew nothing about laws in general, and had a fun time making up laws as he went along.

b1ack5mith

imported post

we all have! but thats what the liberals want!!! like heres somethin i laughed at... it was a movie (woody harrelson was in it, it was a comedy, cant remember the name) anyway, a liquor store or whatever was robbed... and the shopkeep pulled out a shotgun and shot at the bad guy... well, the police showed up, and the first thing the cop said was "do you have a permit for that weapon?" LMFAO!

silly liberals, rights are for patriots! (pray TRIX cereal doesn't sue me)

XDdude

imported post

I talked with Chief McGuire of the WJPD. He was very helpful and informative, They do recognize state law.:celebrateHowever they may come in hot depending on how the call came in but should be quickly resolved with no tickets and no arrest.:lol:He is also going to set Officer Caughey straight and inform him they do not have a policy outside of the states. Thanks for everyone's input and you should be safe carrying in WJ!

UtahJarhead

imported post

Well, I'd say that classifies you as 'not a troll'. ;) Thanks for the reply about the WJPD. Good to know it's just one hot-head and not a departmental issue (we hope).

Utah_Patriot

imported post

Thank you very much for posting this.

I am sorry if I came off rude in my first postings

I hope you Open Carry Often and come to some of the Meet Ups

Thanks
Zach 801-448-7574

ScottyT

imported post

XDdude wrote:
However they may come in hot depending on how the call came in...
Unacceptable. If that is the case they should be sure all of the dispatch people know what questions to ask... Some fool panicking is never cause for my rights to be violated.

Thanks for talking to the brass!

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

b1ack5mith wrote:
Utahjarhead, there is no such thing as a badge #... not trying to be a jerk or anything. I was told that by "SGT. Jensen (not our sgt. jensen)" of provo PD.
This may be true for Provo PD, but some departments do in fact have a badge number. I know that Lehi uses them.

XDdude

imported post

Thanks all for the backup and encouragement. Under the circumstances it was a little intimidating. I'm gladit had a good outcome. Thanks again and I do look forward to meeting all of you at one of the upcoming events:)

utbagpiper

Banned
imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
b1ack5mith wrote:
Utahjarhead, there is no such thing as a badge #... not trying to be a jerk or anything. I was told that by "SGT. Jensen (not our sgt. jensen)" of provo PD.
This may be true for Provo PD, but some departments do in fact have a badge number. I know that Lehi uses them.
What you want is some way to identify the officer uanbiguously when filing the complaint with his duty sergeant, lieutenant, captain, or chief. Many police officers now carry business cards. Ask for one. Or, ask for name, department and sufficient identifying information to distinguish for any other police officers. As a hint, most of these guys have a single assigned car, so a license plate number is darn near as good as a badge number (especially when taken together with date and time of interaction).

Charles