• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fairlane Mall -- CC only?

jeremy05

imported post

im no lawyer, but any information gained from a ILLEGAL stop cant be used in court. Your friends should have all charges against them dropped. Fruit of the poisones tree doctrine or something along those lines.

Jblack44

imported post

When you were approached , did you do the first thing your supposed to, and say hello???? :p Sorry that really made me laugh when I heard your recording from the Detroit police stop.

Damn son, you do have some bad luck don't you??

Michigander

imported post

TheSzerdi wrote:
Edited to say: When questioned about excessive force holding us at gunpoint and immediately cuffing us the reply was "I want to get home safe to my wife and kids."
An interesting statement, but considering that resisting unlawful arrest has been upheld as legal, you could have used his very actions to legally kill him. (Not that I suggest resisting OC related arrests)

What a moron. I sincerely hope he loses his job. Felons shouldn't be allowed to patrol.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

TheSzerdi wrote:
Stopping the car for no reason = unlawful. (Fairly sure no officer actually saw me enter the vehicle with the gun, therefore any knowledge of it is hearsay.)

Holding everyone at gunpoint = assault with a deadly weapon.

Cuffing and placing everyone in squad cars = kidnapping.

When asked in various ways why we were stopped and treated thus: "You have a gun." or "We got a call about a man with a gun." = unlawful.

Edited to say: When questioned about excessive force holding us at gunpoint and immediately cuffing us the reply was "I want to get home safe to my wife and kids." Sure, great, what happens when the jumpy cop hears a car door slam and pulls the trigger? Then do I get home safe? Where are my rights here?
The whole stop was unlawful and I believe you have a valid complaint. You friends arrest should be thrown out as the stop was unlawful, no RAS or PC. The very least is a complaint filed and information sent to the Dearborn Chief.

This crap has to stop. I can't think of any metro Police departments that are not aware of OC being legal and what they can and can not do.

Get me some e-mails for Dearborn and I can send some letters out to the chief the attorney and the mayor.

atlantis

imported post

I sure hope you are able to sue them. This is ridiculous.

As the recent case against the Alamogordo police proved, these officers can be held personally liable as well as the city and department for violation of your 4th amendment rights.

That was a federal case, but not in our District. It would be nice to see one that was.

TheSzerdi

imported post

Just listened to my recorder. Pretty much all you can hear is them ordering us out of the car and then one cop warns another to watch what he says because there's a recorder on in the car, then they shut it off. We were there for about an hour and I have a 7.5 min recording.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

TheSzerdi wrote:
Just listened to my recorder. Pretty much all you can hear is them ordering us out of the car and then one cop warns another to watch what he says because there's a recorder on in the car, then they shut it off. We were there for about an hour and I have a 7.5 min recording.
I hope you got on tape the reason they stopped you??? PLEASE!

Michigander

imported post

I know I say this a lot, but this is a perfect example of why anyone who is armed, CC or OC should carry multiple recorders in this state.

There are all kinds of hidden cameras. Watches, shirt buttons, hats, cigarette lighters, pens, and the normal stuff like typical voice recorders and cell phones. Not to mention you can get clever and load your car down with dedicated video cameras, a smart thing to do for anyone who drives.

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
imported post

TheSzerdi wrote:
Tampering with evidence?

eastmeyers

imported post

How about use the report a crime link, http://olr.cityofdearborn.org:82/mrcjava/servlet/POLICEEXT.I00001s

to report all the crimes that the police officers commeted.

Lets be honest here. If the first officer on site actually belived that you may do something "stupid" or he felt his life was in danger in any way he would have blocked you in, got behind his patrol call, drew down, and kept you in his sight untill backup arrived. NOT anything else. Come on now.

God Bless EVERYONE!

mikestilly

imported post

dougwg wrote:
TheSzerdi wrote:
Tampering with evidence?

It shouldnt matter their voices should already be recorded on their in car video/audio system. Szerdi you should FOIA and talk to a lawyer ASAP.

ghostrider