• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Asked to leave Hooters in Newport News

MSC 45ACP

imported post

Bridget and I had already gotten our food and our server came up to me and asked if I was a cop. I said I wasn't and she told me her manager didn't want me carrying there. I apologized and said I hadn't seen any sign on the door and told her I had been there many times while carrying and never had a problem. She asked if I would put it in my car and I told her I couldn't do that because if someone saw me do that, it was an invitation to someone to break into my car. At that point, she told me it was "against the law" for me to carry in there anyway. I informed her it wasn't and then gave her one of Jim's "OC Cards". She came back a while later and pointed to the part about "CC and OC in resturants" and told me the card plainly said it was illegal to carry there. :banghead::banghead::banghead:.

I explained what CC and OC meant and that you could NOT conceal in a place that serves alcohol and that OC was REQUIRED. She didn't seem convinced.

I asked her if we could finish our food or did she want us to have it wrapped for takeout. She scurried away and came back and told me we could finish our food. She did come back a few minutes later and asked if we wanted to put our leftovers in a box and I told her we were "still working on it". There were very few customers in the place and it was obvious when she walked to an area across the room near empty tables that she was checking on our progress.

We finally stopped eating and asked for a takeout box. We paid the bill and I attached the card she had left on the table to the bill.

Does Hooters Corporate have a policy against OC?:?

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

MSC 45ACP wrote:
Bridget and I had already gotten our food and our server came up to me and asked if I was a cop. I said I wasn't and she told me her manager didn't want me carrying there. I apologized and said I hadn't seen any sign on the door and told her I had been there many times while carrying and never had a problem. She asked if I would put it in my car and I told her I couldn't do that because if someone saw me do that, it was an invitation to someone to break into my car. At that point, she told me it was "against the law" for me to carry in there anyway. I informed her it wasn't and then gave her one of Jim's "OC Cards". She came back a while later and pointed to the part about "CC and OC in resturants" and told me the card plainly said it was illegal to carry there. :banghead::banghead::banghead:.

I explained what CC and OC meant and that you could NOT conceal in a place that serves alcohol and that OC was REQUIRED. She didn't seem convinced.

I asked her if we could finish our food or did she want us to have it wrapped for takeout. She scurried away and came back and told me we could finish our food. She did come back a few minutes later and asked if we wanted to put our leftovers in a box and I told her we were "still working on it". There were very few customers in the place and it was obvious when she walked to an area across the room near empty tables that she was checking on our progress.

We finally stopped eating and asked for a takeout box. We paid the bill and I attached the card she had left on the table to the bill.

Does Hooters Corporate have a policy against OC?:?

Wow, that's some big CHANGE from just a month ago....

MSC 45ACP wrote:
Only ONE thing bothers me in 2 out of 3 pics there...

FINGERS ON THE TRIGGER!

Always, ALWAYS, think about SAFETY!

(by the way, it took me about 10 minutes to notice their trigger fingers were in the wrong place... It shouldn't have taken me so long, but my eyesight is getting worse, darn it!)

Back OT: For some terrible reason, Bridget LOVES Hooters chicken wings.
I know, there are MANY places out there with better wings for less $, but I can't bring myself to complain.
We always OC there and the girls wouldn't normally give me the time of day (unless they're taking my order and I'm taking up too much of their time), but they LOVE seeing Bridget OCing her 45. They look at my sweet, innocent (looking) 5' tall (and no extra inches), little girl and then at the (comparatively speaking) HUGE pistol in her SERPA and they give her a "high-5" and ask her lots of questions about it.
I just sit there and try to keep my tongue from doing the "Bocephus" on History of the World, Part I:D.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=32246

MSC 45ACP

imported post

I'm thinking it was a customer and not the "manager" because if it had been the manager, I would think the manager him or herself would have come over in person.

I did notice when we walked in that some guys in Army ACU's gave me :shock:and no one else even seemed to notice. I think she was covering for them.They probably "blew smoke up her @$$" by telling her it was illegal. They must have been from some communist northeastern state like NJ, NY or Massholia...

:cuss:

Silly flockers were probably REMF pogues in some sort of transportation school at nearby Fort Useless.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

MSC 45ACP wrote:
I'm thinking it was a customer and not the "manager" ...
.... some guys in Army ACU's ... I think she was covering for them.....
They probably "blew smoke up her @$$" by telling her it was illegal.
They must have been from some communist northeastern state like NJ, NY or Massholia..
Silly flockers were probably REMF pogues in some sort of transportation school at nearby Fort Useless....

Hmm, MSG, I'm curious.How can you make sooooo many suppositions.....with so little data?

Are you planning on making a complaint to the manager and/or corporate? That would seem like a good idea.

mercutio545

imported post

I don't understand why you even bothered to pay. You should have just taken a huge bite of whatever you were eating, and walked straight out the door. It is my understanding that there is some sort of an agreement when you eat at a restaurant. They have to provide you with food and a place to eat it, and you have to pay at the end of the meal. Since they said you had to leave, they weren't fulfilling their end of the agreement. If a restaurant doesn't want me to eat there, I'll spend my money somewhere else.

MSC 45ACP

imported post

DocDaddy wrote:
I think they are still jittery from the incident that just happened there.

http://www.wavy.com/dpp/news/local_news/hampton_investigates_hooters_shooting

http://hamptonroads.com/2009/10/police-investigating-shooting-outside-hooters-hampton

+1 also for asking for the manager upfront. The manager never should have sent a server over in the first place.
That excuse MIGHT hold water IF it were the same place. This Hooters is10 miles from the Hampton store.

nova

imported post

CRF250rider1000 wrote:
I would have asked for the manager immediately.
This. It's always a good idea to hear it from the big shot at the joint that he/she doesn't want your money. Also then you can find out if it is his/her own policy or if it is corporate. :)

CRF250rider1000

imported post

nova wrote:
CRF250rider1000 wrote:
I would have asked for the manager immediately.
This. It's always a good idea to hear it from the big shot at the joint that he/she doesn't want your money. Also then you can find out if it is his/her own policy or if it is corporate. :)
Exactly! I want his/her name, contact number, and corporate's number from him/her. I would also be informing him/her that I will be calling corporate and he/she should be hearing from his superiors shortly;)

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

MSC 45ACP wrote:
said I hadn't seen any sign on the door
Never say that. That simply tells them put a sign on the door and no guns will ever come in again... problem solved (in their eyes.. till they get robbed and less people come, etc... who knows.. maybe they would leave the sign up after the restaurant bill is signed next year by Gov. McDonnell). You are right to say all the other things.. "I carry in here all the time without a problem, etc".

ODA 226

imported post

ProShooter wrote:
That story is interesting. I never actually heard of anyone charged with the crime of Maiming. The rest of Virginia calls it Malicious Wounding.
It's "Maiming" in Williamsburg also.

ODA 226

imported post

MSC 45ACP wrote:
I apologized and said I hadn't seen any sign on the door and told her I had been there many times while carrying and never had a problem.
YOU KNOW BETTER THAN TO SAY THAT MIKE!!!!!

NOW GO STAND IN THE CORNER AND BE ASHAMED!!!!!! ;)

darthmord

imported post

The funny thing is... the Hooters at Waterside welcomed all of us firearm carriers with open arms last week. The wait staff and other folks there were completely non-plussed about us carrying.

We may as well have been wearing hats for all the attention it caused, which is how it should be.

ODA 226

imported post

mercutio545 wrote:
I don't understand why you even bothered to pay. You should have just taken a huge bite of whatever you were eating, and walked straight out the door. It is my understanding that there is some sort of an agreement when you eat at a restaurant. They have to provide you with food and a place to eat it, and you have to pay at the end of the meal. Since they said you had to leave, they weren't fulfilling their end of the agreement. If a restaurant doesn't want me to eat there, I'll spend my money somewhere else.

Mercutio,

Be careful doing that. You could be charged with "Defrauding an Inn Keeper" if you take that bite and leave without paying. I've seen it happen before.