Thread: Just a heads up for Friday 11-6-2009

Banned

Post imported post

If you plan on being anywhere near the memorial and or procession traffic will be a nightmare so if you are going to the memorial give yourself plenty of time.

http://www.seattle.gov/news/detail.a...57&dept=19

shows a map of the prosession route

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/69108962.html

Post imported post

I will be attending the memorial in uniform.

Unfortunately, that excludes me from representing OCDO in any way, but that's not really why I am attending to begin with.

Not sure how many people are going to be there, but if you are going to be there and happen to see a Coast Guard contingent, feel free to say hi.

Post imported post

Dang, thats a work day for me, and with traffic, it would be an all day event, or close to it

. My thoughts however will be with everyone there. I know the SPD has alot of sorrow to contend with, and even more for the family. I wish the best for all.

Bat
    ~ ENCLAVE vmc ~
    The Enclave is looking for patriotic motorcycle riders in Washington State who support liberty and freedom for all. ~ Check us out!
    ~
    * " To be swayed neither by the opponent nor by his sword is the essence of swordsmanship." - Miyamoto Musashi.

Post imported post

All I can say after attending the memorial is, solemn, and WOW.

The entire ceremony was from about 1300 to 1530, and it was very solemn, but as it needed to be.

Id say there were close to about 2000 people there, from LE to military and politicians and even just people off the street. The vast majority were from LE agencies from as far north as Canada, as east as Idaho, as South as Oregon and many others. The Canadian mounted police numbered probably close to 100 all by themselves.

A little laughing as Officer Brenton's fellow officers recounted their memories of him, and a lot of crying as we were all reminded what a tragic loss of a public servant this was.

I'm glad I went, and I feel privileged to have been able to honor his memory side by side with all the other men and woman in uniform.

Semper Honos my brother.

Banned

Post imported post

they had San diego and Pittsburg officers.

Post imported post

For those who have never attended a Police funeral/memorial, it is an experience you willNEVER forget. I attended my first one with only about 1 year on the force, when one ofthe Officers on my Dept. was killed in a gunfight.
    If you have to fight, do not fear death. We will all die one day, so fight skillfully and bravely! And if it is to be that you die, then at least go to God proudly. Meet him as the proud warrior that you are, and not as a sniveling coward. Nobody lives forever.

Post imported post

Been to too many, hope to never have to deal with the emotions of another one. I volunteered to cover shifts today so some of our guys could go.
    "There is NO timer in a gunfight, but there IS another guy with a gun, and he's probably in a hurry!"- from someone who bothered to go and check

Post imported post

Boo Boo wrote:
    they had San diego and Pittsburg officers.
    I didn't happen to see any of those. Thanks for adding that.

Post imported post

Johnny Law wrote:
    For those who have never attended a Police funeral/memorial, it is an experience you willÂ*NEVER forget. I attended my first one with only about 1 year on the force, when one ofÂ*the Officers on my Dept. was killed in a gunfight.
    I hope I never forget the ones I have been to. If I do it means I have forgotten the officer also. That is something I am not willing to do.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

"though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40

Post imported post

Every police officer should attend one as soon as possible into his or her carreer. Kind of puts things in perspective.

My first was when Detective Brian Orchard, Spokane Police Dept. was killed in 1983, by a scoundral named Lonnie Link. Link was out on bail, awaiting trial for 2nd degree possession of stolen property. The arresting officer on that charge? Your's truly.

I cried at that funeral, and have cried at all the rest I have attended too. Not afraid to admit it.

RIP Officer Brenton. Stay safe brothers and sisters.

Post imported post

In a strange coincidence, Lonnie Link applied two days ago for clemency.

http://www.kxly.com/news/21536239/detail.html

Post imported post

Marty Hayes wrote:
    In a strange coincidence, Lonnie Link applied two days ago for clemency.

http://www.kxly.com/news/21536239/detail.html
    Sounds like he didn't give any "clemency" to the officer he murdered. He shouldn't receive any in return. In my mind, clemency is for those who didn't know the error of their actions. Murdering a public servant on the basis that he THOUGHT he was murdering someone else doesn't fall into the "error" category.

If it was up to me, he would have received the death penalty, not an all expenses paid trip to do nothing for the rest of his useless life.