• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Culpeper OC Dinner - Saturday, 12 December, @ 7:00pm

livitup

imported post

cafemonkey wrote:
I nominate livitup... The local Culpeper expert!
While it's true I've been OCing on a regular basis for the 5 years or so I have lived in Culpeper, I would hardly qualify myself as an expert. :D

That said, I'd be happy to share my experiences in and around the town...

Sadly, I'll be out of town on the chosen date - so hopefully this turns into a monthly thing... I'd be down for one in January!

Mrs. Livitup may decide to join with the munchkins... depending on her schedule and sanity.

As far as locations goes, I have OC'd in all the chain restaurants in town without a problem. I have not ever had the opportunity to OC in one of the fancier establishments around Main street - mainly because on the few special occasions we have been to one of them, I want wine and etc. to compliment my meal! :D

Good luck with this, and thanks to the OP for getting this off the ground. And don't worry, Richmond folks - I can eat out twice a month. :D :D :D

Regular_Joe

Regular_Joe

imported post

Tess wrote:
I'd like to attend; I'm fairly knowledgeable, and I'm a good speaker. Probably not as knowledgeable as ProShooter, but I've also been involved with OCDO since very near the beginning, and with VCDL for a number of years, so I can help out.

Would have to be a Saturday evening if I'm to attend; it would take me 3 hours to get there after work on a Friday.
Thanks, Tess! Got you down for one!

Regular_Joe

imported post

livitup wrote:
cafemonkey wrote:
I nominate livitup... The local Culpeper expert!
While it's true I've been OCing on a regular basis for the 5 years or so I have lived in Culpeper, I would hardly qualify myself as an expert. :D

That said, I'd be happy to share my experiences in and around the town...

Sadly, I'll be out of town on the chosen date - so hopefully this turns into a monthly thing... I'd be down for one in January!

Mrs. Livitup may decide to join with the munchkins... depending on her schedule and sanity.

As far as locations goes, I have OC'd in all the chain restaurants in town without a problem. I have not ever had the opportunity to OC in one of the fancier establishments around Main street - mainly because on the few special occasions we have been to one of them, I want wine and etc. to compliment my meal! :D

Good luck with this, and thanks to the OP for getting this off the ground. And don't worry, Richmond folks - I can eat out twice a month. :D :D :D
We'd love to meet the rest of the clan if they can make it!

Regular_Joe

imported post

Come out and join us for Culpeper's FIRST OC dinner, scheduled for Saturday, 12 December @ 7:00pm, at Luigi's Italian Restaurant!

Luigi's: http://maps.google.com/maps/place?hl=en&source=hp&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=luigi+italian+restaurant+culpeper&fb=1&gl=us&hq=luigi+italian+restaurant&hnear=culpeper&cid=13798618466552417045

Confirmed:
Regular_Joe (w/6 guests)
Skidmark
ProShooter (w/water toys)
Tess (w/2 guests)
streedoc (w/1 guest)

Total: 14

Maybe:
AbNo
WangMuf (w/1 guest)
Mrs. livitup (w/munchkins)

jsfredrick
mqcasey

Total: 6+

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

+1 guest for sure; probably 2 if spousal unit gets out of class in time to make it.

mgcasey

imported post

I live in Fairfax County, but my parents are in Culpeper. If I'm visiting them, can I just drop by, or do you need an accurate head count for seating?

Regular_Joe

imported post

mgcasey wrote:
I live in Fairfax County, but my parents are in Culpeper. If I'm visiting them, can I just drop by, or do you need an accurate head count for seating?
No worries - I'll put you down as a 'maybe' and save you a seat!

streetdoc

imported post

mgcasey wrote:
I work in Fairfax and live in Orange, come on down, we can be nice when we want to.:)
moz-screenshot-1.png
moz-screenshot.png

jsfrederick

imported post

Regular_Joe wrote:
jsfrederick wrote:
I will try to make it. Just depends on the wifes work schedule. Should know for sure mid next week.
Excellent - I'll throw you on the 'maybe' side. Should I include your wife as well?
No on the wife. She'll probably be working, it's Holiday season. Oh well.
Thanks for asking.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Hope so. We plan to be there (may not be right at 7, though), then we're going to stay in Fredericksburg overnight and go to the gun show tomorrow.