Thread: CPL good for 2 pistols at once?

Post imported post

I haven't been able to find a restriction in the RCW for CPL carriers that says you can only have one pistol on your person at one time. I assume then that it is legal to have a backup pistol in addition to primary?

Post imported post

You are correct. The only things which limitthe number of pistols you can carry on a CPL in WA state are finances, imagination, and strength. Many of us open carry folk will carry a BUG concealed at ALL times we are OCing, (thus requiring a CPL, but not because of the OC-carried handgun). I routinely carry two guns when I can get away with it.

There was an OC get-together a while back where there was a contest as to how many guns one person could carry. I won, with 5. Funny thing was, I was CCing them all when I stopped by Safeway on the way to the gathering.

Post imported post

NavyLT wrote:
    Brandnew wrote:
    I haven't been able to find a restriction in the RCW for CPL carriers that says you can only have one pistol on your person at one time. I assume then that it is legal to have a backup pistol in addition to primary?
    A cop that I spoke to said that I had to have a separate CPL for each gun I was carrying, if I was going to carry more than one...

A gunshop guy told me that if I wanted to buy a handgun and use my CPL to get out of the waiting period, I could only do that with one handgun at a time, otherwise I would have to show him a separate CPL for each handgun I wanted to purchase...

I am just kidding - neither of those happened.... but it wouldn't surprise me! There is no limit to the number of guns.
    LOL

And I was just about to start ranting at you for not taking them to task.... darn head games! :P

Post imported post

G20-IWB24/7 wrote:
    You are correct. The only things which limitthe number of pistols you can carry on a CPL in WA state are finances, imagination, and strength. Many of us open carry folk will carry a BUG concealed at ALL times we are OCing, (thus requiring a CPL, but not because of the OC-carried handgun). I routinely carry two guns when I can get away with it.

There was an OC get-together a while back where there was a contest as to how many guns one person could carry. I won, with 5. Funny thing was, I was CCing them all when I stopped by Safeway on the way to the gathering.
    Would you be willingto share details? One can imagine, of course.....

Gary

Post imported post

PoppaGary wrote:
    G20-IWB24/7 wrote:

Would you be willingto share details? One can imagine, of course.....

Gary
    Kimber Stainless TLE in CF SERPA @ 3 O'Clock

Kahr Stainless K9 w/CTC LG's in Don Hume JIT slide @ 5 O'Clock

G23 in GLOCK "Combat/Tactical" holster @ 9 O'Clock

The next two weren't visible:

Kahr P9 Covert in Galco Ankle Glove on left ankle.

Ruger LCP .380 in Galco pocket holster, left front pocket.

Under a loose jacket, they all concealed quite well!

Here's a copy of the picture on the thread about the get-together (that's me with the black shirt and green cargos): http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum55/14724-3.html

Post imported post

G20-IWB24/7 wrote:

In the mid 70's a friend came into the range/gun store where I was working (The Bullet Hole in Overland Park, Ks) and said look what I have. He then brought out six S&W Model 29's including one with and 8 3/8 inch barrel. All of them were perfectly concealed about his person. He was a big guy, and I doubt that a small framed person could have done that.

Post imported post

G20-IWB24/7 That is just bad ass
    "Fight like you train, train like you fight"

Post imported post

We should try to break a Guiness Record for most concealed pistols at once. I think that would be neat... is there a record for that, anyone know?
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." -John Stuart Mill

Post imported post

NavyLT wrote:
    killchain wrote:
    We should try to break a Guiness Record for most concealed pistols at once. I think that would be neat... is there a record for that, anyone know?
    If they were truly concealed, how would anyone know?!?
    Touche.
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." -John Stuart Mill

Post imported post

This video about lax school dress code has a kid with crap loads concealed.Granted the shotgun does not fall under a CPL but the others do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75sWALt2IzI
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

"though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40

Post imported post

joeroket wrote:
    This video about lax school dress code has a kid with crap loads concealed.Granted the shotgun does not fall under a CPL but the others do.

He had to sound like a chain walking. You know there had to be some serious rubbing and chafing going on.

Post imported post

killchain wrote:
    If you didn't set any Guiness record you might get a "Eugene Tackleberrry" award.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Post imported post

FMCDH wrote:
    joeroket wrote:

He had to sound like a chain walking. You know there had to be some serious rubbing and chafing going on.
    LOL I couldn't imagine the discomfort of carrying all that stuff.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."

"though I walk through the valley in the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for I know that you are by my side" Glock 23:40

Post imported post

amlevin wrote:
    killchain wrote:
    If you didn't set any Guiness record you might get a "Eugene Tackleberrry" award.
    I only own at the moment five pistols. I couldn't try if I wanted to.

Post imported post

G20-IWB24/7 wrote:
    Many of us open carry folk will carry a BUG concealed at ALL times we are OCing, (thus requiring a CPL, but not because of the OC-carried handgun).
    I carry one handgun. The possibility I'll ever use it is extremely remote, the possibility I'd ever need another gun so remote it seems silly. Besides, when the law demands my CPL, I can truthfully say I am not carrying a concealed pistol and left it in the car.

Post imported post

Mainsail wrote:
    G20-IWB24/7 wrote:
    Many of us open carry folk will carry a BUG concealed at ALL times we are OCing, (thus requiring a CPL, but not because of the OC-carried handgun).
    I carry one handgun. The possibility I'll ever use it is extremely remote, the possibility I'd ever need another gun so remote it seems silly. Besides, when the law demands my CPL, I can truthfully say I am not carrying a concealed pistol and left it in the car.
    I guess I'm guilty of making a generalization. I, personally, try to carry two pistols anytime I am carrying. The main reason being, I spend a LOT of time in the driver's seat of my vehicle, where my main OC or CC handgun is covered by a seatbelt/coat/etc, plus I'm partially sitting on it anyways. It would take a few extra seconds for me to get to that weapon, so I choose to carry a BUG on my ankle. As I'm already sitting, all I do is lift my knee up and my gun is right there. It gives me a portion of the time-advantage back.

Post imported post

I've thought about starting to carry a BUG... not sure what to carry though.

Any suggestions? And I'd want it to be an ankle gun.

Gone... Nutty as squirrel **** around here

Post imported post

killchain wrote:
    I've thought about starting to carry a BUG... not sure what to carry though.

Any suggestions? And I'd want it to be an ankle gun.
    I've been known to carry my J-Frame in an ankle holster from time to time. Very comfortable and works well.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

Mainsail wrote:
    G20-IWB24/7 wrote:
    I am with you on this one. I leave my I.D. and CPL in car when open carrying.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Post imported post

the license has printed on it:
    "The person described hereon is licensed to carry concealed pistols as described by law..."
    I used to carry three pistols, but have since determined that is really unnecessary, and have since reduced it to two pistols.