• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CPL good for 2 pistols at once?

Brandnew

imported post

I haven't been able to find a restriction in the RCW for CPL carriers that says you can only have one pistol on your person at one time. I assume then that it is legal to have a backup pistol in addition to primary?

G20-IWB24/7

imported post

You are correct. The only things which limitthe number of pistols you can carry on a CPL in WA state are finances, imagination, and strength. Many of us open carry folk will carry a BUG concealed at ALL times we are OCing, (thus requiring a CPL, but not because of the OC-carried handgun). I routinely carry two guns when I can get away with it.

There was an OC get-together a while back where there was a contest as to how many guns one person could carry. I won, with 5. Funny thing was, I was CCing them all when I stopped by Safeway on the way to the gathering.

FMCDH

imported post

NavyLT wrote:
Brandnew wrote:
I haven't been able to find a restriction in the RCW for CPL carriers that says you can only have one pistol on your person at one time. I assume then that it is legal to have a backup pistol in addition to primary?
A cop that I spoke to said that I had to have a separate CPL for each gun I was carrying, if I was going to carry more than one...

A gunshop guy told me that if I wanted to buy a handgun and use my CPL to get out of the waiting period, I could only do that with one handgun at a time, otherwise I would have to show him a separate CPL for each handgun I wanted to purchase...

I am just kidding - neither of those happened.... but it wouldn't surprise me! There is no limit to the number of guns.
LOL

And I was just about to start ranting at you for not taking them to task.... darn head games! :p

PoppaGary

imported post

G20-IWB24/7 wrote:
You are correct. The only things which limitthe number of pistols you can carry on a CPL in WA state are finances, imagination, and strength. Many of us open carry folk will carry a BUG concealed at ALL times we are OCing, (thus requiring a CPL, but not because of the OC-carried handgun). I routinely carry two guns when I can get away with it.

There was an OC get-together a while back where there was a contest as to how many guns one person could carry. I won, with 5. Funny thing was, I was CCing them all when I stopped by Safeway on the way to the gathering.
Would you be willingto share details? One can imagine, of course.....

Gary

G20-IWB24/7

imported post

PoppaGary wrote:
G20-IWB24/7 wrote:

Would you be willingto share details? One can imagine, of course.....

Gary

Kimber Stainless TLE in CF SERPA @ 3 O'Clock

Kahr Stainless K9 w/CTC LG's in Don Hume JIT slide @ 5 O'Clock

G23 in GLOCK "Combat/Tactical" holster @ 9 O'Clock

The next two weren't visible:

Kahr P9 Covert in Galco Ankle Glove on left ankle.

Ruger LCP .380 in Galco pocket holster, left front pocket.

Under a loose jacket, they all concealed quite well!

Here's a copy of the picture on the thread about the get-together (that's me with the black shirt and green cargos): http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum55/14724-3.html
attachment.php

bobestes

imported post

G20-IWB24/7 wrote:
In the mid 70's a friend came into the range/gun store where I was working (The Bullet Hole in Overland Park, Ks) and said look what I have. He then brought out six S&W Model 29's including one with and 8 3/8 inch barrel. All of them were perfectly concealed about his person. He was a big guy, and I doubt that a small framed person could have done that.

killchain

imported post

We should try to break a Guiness Record for most concealed pistols at once. I think that would be neat... is there a record for that, anyone know?

amlevin

imported post

killchain wrote:
We should try to break a Guiness Record for most concealed pistols at once. I think that would be neat... is there a record for that, anyone know?
If you didn't set any Guiness record you might get a "Eugene Tackleberrry" award.

joeroket

imported post

FMCDH wrote:
joeroket wrote:
This video about lax school dress code has a kid with crap loads concealed.Granted the shotgun does not fall under a CPL but the others do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75sWALt2IzI
He had to sound like a chain walking. You know there had to be some serious rubbing and chafing going on.

LOL I couldn't imagine the discomfort of carrying all that stuff.

killchain

imported post

amlevin wrote:
killchain wrote:
If you didn't set any Guiness record you might get a "Eugene Tackleberrry" award.
I only own at the moment five pistols. I couldn't try if I wanted to.

Mainsail

imported post

G20-IWB24/7 wrote:
Many of us open carry folk will carry a BUG concealed at ALL times we are OCing, (thus requiring a CPL, but not because of the OC-carried handgun).
I carry one handgun. The possibility I'll ever use it is extremely remote, the possibility I'd ever need another gun so remote it seems silly. Besides, when the law demands my CPL, I can truthfully say I am not carrying a concealed pistol and left it in the car.

G20-IWB24/7

imported post

Mainsail wrote:
G20-IWB24/7 wrote:
Many of us open carry folk will carry a BUG concealed at ALL times we are OCing, (thus requiring a CPL, but not because of the OC-carried handgun).
I carry one handgun. The possibility I'll ever use it is extremely remote, the possibility I'd ever need another gun so remote it seems silly. Besides, when the law demands my CPL, I can truthfully say I am not carrying a concealed pistol and left it in the car.
I guess I'm guilty of making a generalization. I, personally, try to carry two pistols anytime I am carrying. The main reason being, I spend a LOT of time in the driver's seat of my vehicle, where my main OC or CC handgun is covered by a seatbelt/coat/etc, plus I'm partially sitting on it anyways. It would take a few extra seconds for me to get to that weapon, so I choose to carry a BUG on my ankle. As I'm already sitting, all I do is lift my knee up and my gun is right there. It gives me a portion of the time-advantage back.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Mainsail wrote:
G20-IWB24/7 wrote:
I am with you on this one. I leave my I.D. and CPL in car when open carrying.

cynicist

imported post

the license has printed on it:
"The person described hereon is licensed to carry concealed pistols as described by law..."
I used to carry three pistols, but have since determined that is really unnecessary, and have since reduced it to two pistols.