• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

FS 303 Enfield No1 MkIII

Trigger Dr

imported post

Later model that incorporated production shortcuts. No magazine cutoff, longrange Volley sights, no windage on rear sight. Introduced 1915.

Very minor surface rust, can easily be removed with 00000 steel wool and light oil. If I do it the price goes up proportionately. Bore is bright and shiny as a new dime, wood is all there with no cracks or splits.

Blue book in 60% shows $195.00

Rifle is in 70-75%. $200.00

Trades will be seriously considered... Make an offer.. the worst that can happen is a No deal.

KBCraig

imported post

Manufacturer? Markings? Year of production?

I'm not necessarily interested, but as an Enfield collector those would be the first questions I'd ask.

ETA: I can see that it's been "Ishapore screwed", but that doesn't necessarily mean it's Ishy in origin, only that it may have been FTR'd there.

Trigger Dr

imported post

Come to the WAC show on the 14th and look it up for your self.

KBCraig wrote:
Manufacturer? Markings? Year of production?

I'm not necessarily interested, but as an Enfield collector those would be the first questions I'd ask.

ETA: I can see that it's been "Ishapore screwed", but that doesn't necessarily mean it's Ishy in origin, only that it may have been FTR'd there.

KBCraig

imported post

Trigger Dr wrote:
Come to the WAC show on the 14th and look it up for your self.

That's a bit out of my travels. As I said, I'm not necessarily interested; I was trying to elicit the vital information in case someone else was interested.

Interested approach to salesmanship you have there.