• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC-friendly Banks in NC?

Dreamer

imported post

OK, I've ABSOLUTELY had it with BB&T. They have those weird signs prohibiting OC, and they've been messing up our accounts ever since we moved to NC. (I had a BB&T account for almost 10 years when I lived in WV, and NEVER had a problem, but since opening three accounts in NC, it has been NOTHING but trouble).

I would have changes a year ago, but BB&T has the lowest fees of just about any other bank in the area, so I've been sort of sucking it up, but today, after nearly 2 hours of time spend in two different branches and on the phone, I'm just completely fed up with their crappy customer service, their sneaky business practices, and their no-firearms policy.

Does ANYONE know any OC-friendly banks in NC that provide good service, don't gouge you on fees and have conveniently located branches?

I live in Washington NC, which is near Greenville.

glockaholic

imported post

I would be interested in hearing about any OC-friendly banks as well. The CFCU branch in Wakefield is *not* at all OC-friendly (see my previous post about this) and I've been meaning to switch to a new bank for a while now.

Myrighttocarry

imported post

You can OC in a bank, not CC.

I've tried BOA and Wachovia, both have hit me with hidden charges etc. I'm not sure there are any banks out there that don't want to talk you out of your money somehow, thats why there are salespeople in banks...

jerz_subbie

imported post

BB&T seems to be the best one if you can't get into a credit union. Wachovia/Well's Fargo and BoA both suck.

The only reason I use BoA is for convenience; my countrywide mortgage is now held by BoA, they have a branch on every corner, my local branch manager is extremely nice and helpful. My BoA credit card is another story :cuss:... that's why it is never used for more than $40 just to keep it active!

chiefjason

imported post

We've had great luck with First Citizens as far as banking goes.

The branch manager did follow me out of the bank when I was wearing an empty holster a while back. So I can't say much about their OC friendliness. I keep most of my business to the drive through.

jeepdriver

imported post

Don't know much about Eastern NC but here in Greensboro, The Sun Trust branch that I deal with has a cool manager. He has several customers who OC and it does not bother him at all. He told me that his brother OC's everywhere he goes.

Also have accounts with Wachovia and they are not OC friendly.

This is why we rely on online banking.

jp49911

imported post

jeepdriver wrote:
Don't know much about Eastern NC but here in Greensboro, The Sun Trust branch that I deal with has a cool manager. He has several customers who OC and it does not bother him at all. He told me that his brother OC's everywhere he goes.

Also have accounts with Wachovia and they are not OC friendly.

This is why we rely on online banking.
I have OC'ed in Sun Trust, The Credit Union Service Center and BOA in Greensboro no problem.

Which Sun Trust do you visit? I go o the one on S. Elm Eugene.

jeepdriver

imported post

Four Seasons branch. I know the manager @ S. Elm but do not frequent this branch. I also know the former manager @ Four Seasons who is now on Green Valley Rd where their regional office is. Reluctant to carry there.

NCjones

imported post

My buddy swears by First Citizens. But he's been there for decades and they all know him by name, so when he walks in OC'ing they dont question it. That's probabl;y the key to OC'ing in a bank. If you're new and walk in OC'ing they might be scared of you.

jp49911

imported post

jeepdriver wrote:
I also know the former manager @ Four Seasons who is now on Green Valley Rd where their regional office is. Reluctant to carry there.
Why? Have you heard something bad from there???