• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fresno Neighborhood Locked Down

heliopolissolutions

imported post

http://www.kmph.com/global/story.asp?s=11447303

The police in Fresno are drawing down on anyone and everyone who gives them a reason, please OC safely.

Now the LEOs were searching properties and detaining homeowners and refusing to let residents get into their neighborhood or leave.

Sheriff Dyer made a statement suggesting that residents just stay indoors and "trust the police".

=\

mjones

imported post

Officer shoots at would-be robber but isn't sure if he hits (understandable)

A large manhunt ensues and they eventually give up. In part, because there was no blood.

Later, in the early AM the bad guy gives up and gets treated for his gunshot(s)

How does one not find blood from a gunshot wound? Definately possible I suppose, but wouldn't that be like winning the lottery?

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

mjones wrote:
How does one not find blood from a gunshot wound? Definately possible I suppose, but wouldn't that be like winning the lottery?
I've seen two gunshot wounds in my life. One didn't bleed at all; the other made a basketball-sized stain on a shirt, but didn't drip at all (though this was from a .22-cal).

Not scientific proof, but it leads me to believe it's not that common after all. (Perhaps we all watch too much Hollywood TV/movies to understand how real gunshot wounds bleed...)

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

I have never seem a human gunshot wound, But I myself have shot several meduim sized mammals such as deer and Coyotes and I have helped recover wounded animals shot by others.

The only blood trails I have seen are from pass-through shots, Most shot where the bullet stays in the target leak very little blood unless it is a good lung shot since we have aspitated blood being pushed from the body.