• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How to convert your liberal friends (to win next election)

Tawnos

SteveInAshand

imported post

I don't have any Liberal friends, I am very careful who's company I keep.

The closest thing to a liberal I know is my conservative lady friends who are subject to emotion based illogic and judgmental 'ism, lol.

"But" I do run into liberals, and fearful and emotion based illogical thinkers all the time and yes the gentle detached approach is best in many cases.

To me emotion based people are in a highly charged hypnotic state , they remind me of a suicidal "jumper" on a bridge they are looking for emotional energy from us to fuel there over blown self destructive anger and rampant over thinking mind into "jumping" to the next conclusion.

I live in a well known majority liberal town the San Fransisco of Oregon, and I meet them every single day and once they get to know me a "few" of then settle down and get "infected" witm my calm logical non threatning demeannor even if I do look like a bad boy BG to most of them, ;)

Alexcabbie

imported post

You ought to try being here in Alexandria, VA where our Congressman is the apalling James P. "Bugs" Moran. I have had libtards call the Hack Inspector and complain because I had Rush Limbaugh on the radio. Of course nothing comes of it except I have to call in and listen to the fact that someone bitched, but still......:banghead:

Wangmuf

imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
You ought to try being here in Alexandria, VA where our Congressman is the apalling James P. "Bugs" Moran. I have had libtards call the Hack Inspector and complain because I had Rush Limbaugh on the radio. Of course nothing comes of it except I have to call in and listen to the fact that someone bitched, but still......:banghead:

I've been on e of "those" people, I've called in to a cab drivers' employer and informed them that I was unable to understand what was being said on the (loud) radio station.

Of course, I believe that anyone who uses a language other than the common language of the land they are in, without an interpreter, is a disrespectful twat.

If I go on vacation in a land that doesn't have a predominance of English speakers, I'll carry a handy English > (insert language) dictionary. If I can't reasonably convey what I intend, I'll show them in said reference what I mean.

I certainly won't get a public service job having never learned the "public" language. That includes subjecting the public to "news broadcasts" in my language, that the majority won't understand.

I love cab drivers, they help me not drive drunk. I don't, on the other hand, wish to be subjected to long, indecipherable foreign broadcasts while I'm trying to get home while not legal to drive.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

Alexcabbie wrote:
When I lived in Arlington, we used to call him James 'Moron'. Liberal as they come, he never saw a left wing cause he didn't like.

Statesman

imported post

drjoker wrote:
In order to win the next election, we have to do more than just preach to the choir. We have to convert our liberal friends. Here's how I converted a flaming liberal friend of mine to support the 2nd amendment. You may copy me, do something similar, or think something up original for yourself. The key to successful conversion is to have them think that they came up with the idea themselves. DO NOT preach to them nor pound them with facts. Allow them to arrive at the conclusion themselves emotionally. Without delving too much into psychology and sales techniques, the short version is that people make decisions on an emotional basis and then use logic to rationalize it. Very few people actually make logical decisions, so the most successful conversion is on an emotional appeal that allows them to arrive at the conclusion themselves, not a conclusion that is thrusted upon them.

I have this female friend (let's call her "E") and we went out for dinner together. This friend of mine is a flaming liberal who voted for 0bama. The topic of conversation was stalkers. I told her that I have this friend of a friend who was being stalked by an ex-boyfriend who threatened to kill her. "She should get a restraining order," was E's response. "She did, but it only infuriated him. He beat her up, robbed her, and warned her that if she didn't cancel the restraining order, he's gonna kill her," I replied. "Well, he beat her up, so she should go to the police and have him arrested," E replied. "She did, but he's out on bail and she's scared as heck," I answered. "What do you think she should do?" I innocently asked. E thought for a long second..., "I'm opposed to guns, but in this case, I think she should get one. Although most guns are used in crime and suicides, I think that in this situation, the benefits outweigh the risks." "Well, a concealed handgun license would take up to 9 months to get approved (my CHL took 9 months to arrive)," I replied. "Then, she should hire an armed guard to guard her at her workplace and make sure that nobody follows her home (this stalked friend of mine is a high-paid exec)," she replied. "I agree, but what if something like that happens to you? You can't afford an armed guard," I said. Silence. "You know what you should do? You should get a concealed handgun license as an insurance policy. That way, if something like this ever happens to you, you'll have the CHL when you need it, so you don't have to wait 9 months," I said. E nods her head in agreement, but she hesitates, "Well, guns are dangerous. I don't want to buy a gun." "No, you don't have to buy a gun. That's not what I suggested that you do. I suggest that you buy an insurance policy against stalkers and rapists. Just get the concealed handgun license so that it's there if you need it. Get the CHL without buying a gun. You can get a gun at any time, but the CHL takes months." She nods her head in agreement. "If you'd like, I can do you a favor. We can go to the range tomorrow and I'll teach you firearms safety. Then, I can teach you how to shoot an auto pistol without jamming it," I said. I explained that half the ladies in my CHL class had to re-take the shooting part of the exam because they jammed their Glocks (I didn't know that was possible). They flinched and limp-wristed. "Sure, I'd like that," she replied. "Let's go tomorrow. I'll pick you up at X o'clock," I said. "O.K." she answered.

Yay! Now, I'm hoping that she'll enjoy shooting so that she'll be a convert. At the very least, she'll be a CHL holder and elected officials look at things like the number of NRA members and CHL holders before voting on any gun control laws. So, whether she knows it or not, she's now supporting 2nd amendment rights right alongside me even though she's an 0bama voting flaming liberal!

Folks, we have to convert our liberal friends or our 2nd amendment rights will be taken away from us forever. Don't believe it can happen? Look at Australia, Great Britain, and ALL THE OTHER COUNTRIES ON PLANET EARTH. America is the last remaining country that still has the right to bear arms. We are the last holdout. I invite you to suddenly realize that you have to convert your liberal friends and acquaintances. Failure to do so will mean our doom.

BTW, you know what would make a perfect holiday gift? Get your gun owning friends or family members who are not members of the NRA the gift of a NRA membership and/or a TSRA membership. Elected officials also look at the number of NRA and/or TSRA members before voting on any gun ban laws. The more members these organizations have, the more clout they'll have in Washington. NRA membership includes a neat NRA baseball cap and a subscription to a cool gun magazine.

C'mon people, let's get rolling so that we'll win the next election!

moz-screenshot.jpg
moz-screenshot-1.jpg
moz-screenshot-2.jpg
patriot.gif
texasflag.gif
fire.gif

P.S. Notice how I did NOT argue with her point that "guns are used in murders and suicides." Nobody likes an arguer and nobody likes to have ideas forced upon them. People only like ideas that they thought of themselves (or think that they thought of themselves). Notice how I manipulated her to come up with the idea to buy a gun. She thought of it and I did not mention it to her. Furthermore, the idea of getting firearms instruction appealed to her on an emotional, not logical level. Not only did this approach work with this female friend of mine, but I also used this approach to get my flaming liberal wife to agree to sign up for a CHL class. My wife is still won't allow me to have guns in the house and my liberal female friend still won't buy a gun, but at least I've persuaded them to support 2nd Amendment rights by signing up for CHL classes. Yay!

clapping.gif
fire.gif
anim_bannana.gif
The best way to convert your liberal friends, is to urge them to watch this video:

"Innocents Betrayed"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwdO2FLg1Rs

http://www.jpfo.org/filegen-a-m/ib-orders.htm