Thread: Help me find this 4th A case.

Post imported post

i think this is a florida case. a cop sees a bulge, does a frisk, finds a gun, arrests the guy, appeals court finds it was an illegal search, case is thrown out.

please give me a cite, i know you guys know this one, i just dont know how to look this stuff up.
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Post imported post

idk but Jl Vs Fl is about there being no gun exception to the 4th amendment its from the year 2000

Post imported post

rmodel65 wrote:
    idk but Jl Vs Fl is about there being no gun exception to the 4th amendment its from the year 2000
    thanx but fla v jl is about annonomouse tip of a man with a gun, different than the bulge and frisk.
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Post imported post

Here are two cases that may assist you

C.K. v. State
    705 So.2d 97
    Fla.App. 3 Dist.,1998.

Leahy v. State
    770 So.2d 269
    Fla.App. 4 Dist.,2000.

THIS POST IS FOR DISCUSSION PURPOSES ONLY AND NO ATTORNEY CLIENT RELATIONSHIP IS INTENDED OR IMPLIED.

Post imported post

the case was a black man on a city bus. Someone had called the police and said that he was carrying a gun. The police approached him, and during a search found a firearm. They arrested him and the case was eventually tossed on illegal search I think. It cites 790.25 and 790.053, so if you search lexis with those case nuumbers and city bus you will get the right case.

If you do not ahve access to lexis, it is available at most courthouse law libraries.

Post imported post

Jl V Fl is about a teen at a bus stop and an anon tip and they searched him.....

Post imported post

what about flicking off people in a car and then the people in the car jumpout guns drawn... and only till a person runs for their life they yell police the guy running stops and they put the cuffs on him and then find a gun on him..?

Someone send me an angel co-titled a good lawyer..! LoL

Post imported post

Dudes this new litle gadget came out last month, if you click on the button on the right it finds your case law right away, http://scholar.google.com/