• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Help me find this 4th A case.

1245A Defender

imported post

i think this is a florida case. a cop sees a bulge, does a frisk, finds a gun, arrests the guy, appeals court finds it was an illegal search, case is thrown out.

please give me a cite, i know you guys know this one, i just dont know how to look this stuff up.

rmodel65

imported post

idk but Jl Vs Fl is about there being no gun exception to the 4th amendment its from the year 2000

fridaddy

imported post

Here are two cases that may assist you

C.K. v. State
705 So.2d 97
Fla.App. 3 Dist.,1998.

Leahy v. State
770 So.2d 269
Fla.App. 4 Dist.,2000.

THIS POST IS FOR DISCUSSION PURPOSES ONLY AND NO ATTORNEY CLIENT RELATIONSHIP IS INTENDED OR IMPLIED.

GIdeon_70

imported post

the case was a black man on a city bus. Someone had called the police and said that he was carrying a gun. The police approached him, and during a search found a firearm. They arrested him and the case was eventually tossed on illegal search I think. It cites 790.25 and 790.053, so if you search lexis with those case nuumbers and city bus you will get the right case.

If you do not ahve access to lexis, it is available at most courthouse law libraries.

rmodel65

imported post

Jl V Fl is about a teen at a bus stop and an anon tip and they searched him.....

DANNiE

imported post

what about flicking off people in a car and then the people in the car jumpout guns drawn... and only till a person runs for their life they yell police the guy running stops and they put the cuffs on him and then find a gun on him..?

Someone send me an angel co-titled a good lawyer..! LoL