• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Please don't shoot the messenger.......

BizOwner

imported post

Here is a "Guide" that the Brady Center titled "Guns and Business." It was published about 10 years ago. Alot of people have the same question of "Why do businesses post no guns" this will give you some insight of why.

The guideis 90 pages (easy reading) and coversliability issues, OSHA regulations, patron and employee CCW, and a boat load of bull-poop propaganda.

Reading this guide, I feel will help gun owners understand business concerns regarding guns, and that it's not a issue of "They don't want my money" or "They are Anti-Gun". I also feel it will help any organization to respond in a positive manner to the gun control propaganda that has shaped the business climate of today.

Remember thisguide was written about 10 years ago, any reference to laws or regulations may or have changed.

http://www.bradycenter.org/xshare/pdf/reports/gunsnbusiness.pdf

Warning:Remove breakables, small children and pets from the roombefore reading.

GoldCoaster

imported post

You'd think that with all the high $$ lawyers they have on staff that SOMEONE, ANYONE would give that document a proof-read.

The newly armed POPULOUS <--- WTF??? I think they meant to use Populace which actually makes sense. Populous is a friggin adverb not a noun.

I do like the fact that they intentionally gloss over the facts that apart from store security and police, anyone carrying a gun was doing it illegally (before CCW laws) - yeah and after CCW laws there are still going to be people carrying illegally and that WON'T respect your stupid gun free zone sign. Talk about heads in the sand. I'll have to read more later, that whole populous thing has annoyed me.

BizOwner

imported post

GoldCoaster wrote:
You'd think that with all the high $$ lawyers they have on staff that SOMEONE, ANYONE would give that document a proof-read.

The newly armed POPULOUS <--- WTF??? I think they meant to use Populace which actually makes sense. Populous is a friggin adverb not a noun.

I do like the fact that they intentionally gloss over the facts that apart from store security and police, anyone carrying a gun was doing it illegally (before CCW laws) - yeah and after CCW laws there are still going to be people carrying illegally and that WON'T respect your stupid gun free zone sign. Talk about heads in the sand. I'll have to read more later, that whole populous thing has annoyed me.
That is why I posted the below statement:
Warning:Remove breakables, small children and pets from the roombefore reading.

Alot of the info in that guide, run a close resemblance to Workplace Violence seminars I have attend. It gives a scary insight of the fear tactics that are used.

GoldCoaster

imported post

But unlike the communist Brady alliance to suppress rights. We gun owners are a bit more methodical and level headed. That's why they lose arguments with us and have to try and do end-runs around us by scaring the other sheep.