• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another citizen using his firearm for good :)

What would you do?

• Shoot Dog

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Try to Restrain Dog

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

amclint

imported post

http://www.kctv5.com/news/21525060/detail.html

MISSOURI CITY, Mo. -- [/b]Clay County officials are investigating the fatal shooting of a dog Wednesday.Witnesses said a man was walking with his dog to the post office on Wednesday morning when a Rottweiler attacked them. They said a man driving by saw the attack and got out with his gun.

"I turned around and watched a man get out of a white Ford Explorer and walk over to that ditch," said neighbor Jeff Poteet. "In that ditch was another man trying to throw that black dog off himself and the little white dog."

Poteet said the passerby shot the dog multiple times.

Tony Trammell said the Rottweiler, Rebel, belonged to him and his roommate.

"I heard two shots go off and a bunch of stuff was going on up the hill and then I seen a man walking with a gun in his hand and I heard three more shots," Trammell said. "I'm pretty upset about it. Rebel was my buddy."

Trammell said Rebel was usually not on a leash because Missouri City has no leash law. He said the dog had gotten into fights with other dogs in the past.

KCTV5 was unable to find the man and the dog that were attacked.

Jim40Cal

imported post

That's the number two reason I carry. Happened right here in Independence afew years ago. Only difference was nobody had a gun and finally two ladies stopped and scared the dog away. Poor man spend months in the hospital. Also this guy seems to be more worried about his "buddy" then the human being he was chewing up.

amclint

imported post

Wow that is just insane, the worst part is people just watching, I just don't even know what to say about that...

captainamerica

imported post

I have no doubts the dog owner loved the dog. But a dog I love that gets into more than one fight b/c it is repeatedly left unrestrained is a dog that I am risking getting shot, killed in a bloody fight with another dog, or hauled off and euthanized by authorities. Not a risk I'm going to take while living in a town; maybe if I had some acreage and privacy.