• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Posted in the Missouri OC Forum

yelohamr

imported post

amclint wrote:
http://www.kctv5.com/news/21525060/detail.html

MISSOURI CITY, Mo. -- [/b]Clay County officials are investigating the fatal shooting of a dog Wednesday.Witnesses said a man was walking with his dog to the post office on Wednesday morning when a Rottweiler attacked them. They said a man driving by saw the attack and got out with his gun.

"I turned around and watched a man get out of a white Ford Explorer and walk over to that ditch," said neighbor Jeff Poteet. "In that ditch was another man trying to throw that black dog off himself and the little white dog."

Poteet said the passerby shot the dog multiple times.

Tony Trammell said the Rottweiler, Rebel, belonged to him and his roommate.

"I heard two shots go off and a bunch of stuff was going on up the hill and then I seen a man walking with a gun in his hand and I heard three more shots," Trammell said. "I'm pretty upset about it. Rebel was my buddy."

Trammell said Rebel was usually not on a leash because Missouri City has no leash law. He said the dog had gotten into fights with other dogs in the past.

KCTV5 was unable to find the man and the dog that were attacked.
I've heard about things like this happening in CA, but more often than not, no one at the scene has a gun.

Sons of Liberty

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

I use to live in Kansas City a few years back. I kept my Dalmatian in my backyard all the time. He slept in his nice insulated dog house and ran around the yard, even in a foot of snow. He never shivered, because he was totally acclimated. He was an outside dog.

I had an animal rights neighbor constantlycalling me up andleave all sorts of threats over the dog being left outside. (One of the disadvantages of chain link fences for the backyard - nosey neighbors.) They would call the city animal control out to my house weekly. Never received a warning or a citation or anything. The dog was as healthy as a horse and as happy as a kid in a candy store.

One Christmas, when I was here in California on vacation, I leftmy dog in the care of a neighbor girl who would come overand tend to him. The animal rights neighbor called an animal rights organization who called KCTV5 news crew out to film the "story." Animal rights activists, city animal control, news crew, policeand a vet all there checking up on my dog. The vet declared the dog perfectly healthy.No news story here. Everyone was miserable standing there in the cold except for my dog, who thought it was one big game.

Needless to say, when I got back, I was hoppin' mad! Ended up getting a lawyer to represent my dog. (No lie.)

I told the lawyer, "Sic 'em" and he wrote a cease and desist letter with a threat of civilsuit to the animal rights organization. Never heard from them again.

So, it doesn't surprise me that KCTV5 would jump all over this story and try to spin the killing of an attacking animalas if it wassome sort of crime.