• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SPREAD this FAR and WIDE - NEED as much SUPPORT POSSIBLE

IDAHO COWBOY

imported post

[font="Times New Roman, Times, serif"]Spread this e-mail far and wide and send to everyone you know:[/font]

Your State Attorney General
Your State Governor
Your Senators and Representative in Washington DC
Your In State Senators and Representatives
then Any and All Organizations or Associations that are PRO Second Amendment on both the National, State, County, and City levels.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++​
[font="Times New Roman, Times, serif"]Request from Montana:
[/font]

[font="Times New Roman, Times, serif"]You may be aware that the Montana Shooting Sports Association (MSSA) and the Second Amendment Foundation have filed our Complaint (MSSA v. Holder) in federal court to validate the principles of the Montana Firearms Freedom Act (MFFA), passed by the 2009 Montana Legislature. Also, an MFFA clone has been passed in Tennessee, and other clones have been introduced in Alaska, Texas, Florida, South Carolina, Minnesota, Michigan, Pennsylvania and Ohio. Legislators in about 20 other states have told me that they will introduce clones in their states once their legislatures reconvene. I've been pooling information about this national movement at:[/font]
[font="Times New Roman, Times, serif"][url]http://FirearmsFreedomAct.com[/url][/font]

[font="Times New Roman, Times, serif"]I wrote the original MFFA, and both MSSA and I are plaintiffs in our lawsuit.[/font]

[font="Times New Roman, Times, serif"]The MFFA declares that any firearms made and retained in Montana are not subject to any federal authority under Congress's commerce clause power. The subject of this effort is a states' rights/Tenth Amendment challenge to federal commerce clause power. Firearms are the object of the exercise.[/font]

[font="Times New Roman, Times, serif"]Now we are seeking amici parties to support our position in this litigation. Our lawsuit is filed in federal district court in Missoula, Montana. In our complaint, we request both a declaratory judgment and injunctive relief.[/font]

[font="Times New Roman, Times, serif"]We would REALLY like to see an amicus from any other interested state, or other interested entities.[/font]

[font="Times New Roman, Times, serif"]We would like to get amicus parties onboard as soon as possible. We expect that there may soon be dispositive motions in the case from the U.S., such as a motion to dismiss for lack of a justiciable controversy. Having amicus parties already involved will help us resist any such motions. The next scheduled event in the lawsuit is a preliminary pretrial conference on February 2, 2010.[/font]

[font="Times New Roman, Times, serif"]The lead attorney of our litigation team is Quentin Rhoades of Missoula (406-721-9700). Quentin invites potential amici parties to contact him with any questions.[/font]

[font="Times New Roman, Times, serif"]I am developing a list of simpatico Montana attorneys willing to serve as pro hac vice sponsors in re interested amici parties. I should have that list available soon.[/font]

[font="Times New Roman, Times, serif"]Thanks loads for your interest.[/font]

[font="Times New Roman, Times, serif"]Best wishes,[/font]

[font="Times New Roman, Times, serif"]Gary Marbut, president[/font]
[font="Times New Roman, Times, serif"]Montana Shooting Sports Association[/font]
[font="Times New Roman, Times, serif"][url]http://www.mtssa.org[/url][/font]
[font="Times New Roman, Times, serif"]author, Gun Laws of Montana[/font]
[font="Times New Roman, Times, serif"][url]http://www.mtpublish.com[/url][/font]
[font="Times New Roman, Times, serif"]406-549-1252[/font]
[/code]