• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I wonder if Open Carry will come up?

TFred

imported post

Interesting idea, but I wonder if this training will cover open carry?

TFred

http://fredericksburg.com/blogs/view?blogger_id=22&p=1257431941

Managing the Nightlife

Nov. 5, 2009 9:39 am

The Fredericksburg Police Department is running a seminar next week for employees at city bars called "Managing the Nightlife." The seminar will be taught by representatives from the city's police department, commonwealth's attorney's office and fire department, as well as a regional agent from the Virginia Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control.Topics will include fire codes and occupancy limits, state alcohol laws, fake IDs, dealing with intoxicated people and various legal issues. The seminars are deliberately scheduled in advance of the holidays. Last year more than 80 people attended the sessions. I'll be attending one of the seminars next week and will have an article in the FLS.

Fredericksburg police officer Ron Swaney and Sgt. Jim Kuebler created five fliers that will be handedout to people attending the seminars and hung at citybars during the holiday season.They feature employees and family members of the Fredericksburg PD, including Chief David Nye's youngest daughter, Caroline, whoplays the designated driver elf. Below are the posters.

PD1.jpg

PD2.jpg

PD3.jpg

PD4.jpg

PD5.jpg