Thread: Doug's Shoot N' Sports

Post imported post

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=8559838

Man dies in gun range shooting
    November 4th, 2009 @ 9:24pm
    TAYLORSVILLE -- A man shot and killed himself Wednesday night at a Taylorsville gun range. It happened at Doug's Shoot N' Sports near 4900 South and Redwood Road.
    Several people who were shooting in other lanes at the range talked to police about the incident.
    Police are now trying to find out if the shooting was an accident, but they say it appears otherwise. Officers say it looks like a single gunshot wound to his head.
    The 53-year-old man died at the scene.

------------------------------------------------

Wow this is so tragic. My prayers go out to that man's family. I'm curious if any one from theforum or other forumswas there when it happened or if any one knows more details...

Post imported post

Crazy stuff. You never think of it happening at YOUR gun range. I try and get to Doug's once a month or so.

If you feel like you have to commit suicide, don't make the cops do it for you and don't force a bunch of innocent people to witness it.

Post imported post

Yeah. That's messed up. I'm willing to wager that he probably needed to squeeze off a few rounds to get up the courage to just use it on himself. Arghghg. What a tragedy. My condolences to his friends and family.

Kevin
    If it isn't broke, then don't fix it, or you'll fix it until it's broke.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

ScottyT wrote:
    Crazy stuff. You never think of it happening at YOUR gun range. I try and get to Doug's once a month or so.

If you feel like you have to commit suicide, don't make the cops do it for you and don't force a bunch of innocent people to witness it.
    Agreed, alone is better. But alone usually means at home and it's not better to have your family find your dead body.

Post imported post

So I'm guessing no one from the forum was there that night... oh well, was kinda hoping to hear a first hand account...

Post imported post

jaredbelch wrote:
    ScottyT wrote:

Agreed, alone is better. But alone usually means at home and it's not better to have your family find your dead body.
    I think having your family find you is better than making a bunch of strangers watching you, but I can see how it would be the other way around for the suicidal individual. Selfish.

Post imported post

Are you honestly discussing the most appropriate location and/or method to commit suicide?

But for the grace of God go I. God rest his soul and peace be with his family.

Edit: Self censored. My first response was too harsh.