Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shooting on Ft. Hood!!!

Post imported post

The local news just broke in and is doing continuing coverage....
    The info is scattered and largely un-confirmed, but there are 7 dead and 12-15 wounded. 1 shooter is in custody and it appears that there is another on the loose!
    local schools are on 'soft' lockdown (what exactly is a 'soft' lockdown anyway?)

Post imported post

Fox just reported that the wounded count could go some where in the vicinity of 30

Post imported post

Just heard about it on the radio -- Sean Hannity. He said there's possibly THREE shooters, and wounded count is 30, 7 dead.
    It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes. --Douglas Adams

Unless cited, any comments are my personal opinion and may not hold any weight or be correct.

Banned

Post imported post

9 dead per NBC subtitle.

Post imported post

At Least 7 Dead, 30 Wounded in Shootings at Ft. Hood in Texas

Thursday, November 05, 2009

A map showing the location of a mass shooting at Ft. Hood Army post in Killeen, Texas.

DEVELOPING:[/b] A pair of mass shootings at Ft. Hood military post in Texas left at least 7 dead and as many as 30 wounded Thursday, and one suspected gunman is on the loose, the Army said.[/b]

Additional shots were reported at a soldier's residence, KCEN-TV reported around 4:30 p.m. No additional information was immediately available.

A massive manhunt was under way for the suspect at large, Fox News confirmed, and one person was in custody. The New York Post said that there were two shooters at the Army post massacre; other reports said there were three.

An Army spokesman at the Pentagon said the shootings began about 1:30 p.m. Thursday at a personnel and medical processing center at Ft. Hood.

[size=2 _extended="true" itxtvisited="1"]The center in a place soldiers go when getting ready to deploy and when returning from deployment for processing issues, paperwork, screening etc. It is not a place where soldiers get anymedical-type treatment.

Lt. Col. Nathan Banks said two shooters were apparently involved. There is no word yet on who they were, nor on the identities of the dead.

The second incident took place at a theater on Ft. Hood, according to Banks.

The FBI said they don't believe terrorism was involved.

Some media reports said the number of victims remained unclear.

Banks said a motive wasn't immediately known and it is too soon to tell whether there is any link to battle stress or repeated deployments. Army officials didn't know whether the victims were civilians or military personnel.

The men were reportedly dressed in Army fatigues, but military officials couldn't confirm that they were Army personnel.

Texas Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison said the shooting was a terrible tragedy for all of the military families affected.

She said the post is a processing center where soldiers are processed before going to Iraq or Afghanistan.

Retired Army Lt. Col. Robert Maginnis told Fox News those at the base are trained for combat and it is not unusual to see armed people there.

The base and area schools were on lockdown after the mass shooting, and all those on the Army post were asked to gather for a head count.

The FBI was going to Ft. Hood to provide assistance.

There have been several previous deadly incidents at Ft. Hood, including a shooting of one soldier by another at a party in July; a rape and fatal shooting of an Army medic at her apartment near the post 11 years ago; and the murder-suicide of a lieutenant by a soldier in September 2008.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,...est=latestnews

Banned
    across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

None dare call it terrorism.

Army says 12 dead, 31 injured at Fort HoodSWAT teams battle at least one gunman on Texas Army base

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33678801...me_and_courts/

Post imported post

According to FoxNews:

Twelve people are dead and 31 others wounded, after gunmen opened fire on Fort Hood.

Two in custody.

What happened?! There's already so many theories going out there: terrorism, rogue soldiers. Just heard one's a soldier, one's a civilian police officer contracted to the base.

It's horrifying, the people who died/are injured are ones who risk their lives for our country.

I'm sitting in the apparently dead chatroom if anyone wants to join.

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum3/3580.html
    It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes. --Douglas Adams

Unless cited, any comments are my personal opinion and may not hold any weight or be correct.

Post imported post

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
    None dare call it terrorism.

Army says 12 dead, 31 injured at Fort HoodSWAT teams battle at least one gunman on Texas Army base

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33678801...me_and_courts/

1 dead shooter, 2 other shooters in custody, according to radio report.

"High-power" rifles involved.

Post imported post

Gator5713 wrote:
    (what exactly is a 'soft' lockdown anyway?)
    My understanding, a soft lockdown is no one in or out. Hard lockdown means EVERYTHING is locked up (Rooms and the like), and lights out.

Banned

Post imported post

None dare call it terrorism!

http://abcnews.go.com/WN/soldiers-ki...ory?id=9007938

The suspected gunman was identified as Major Malik Nadal Hasan. He was killed and two other suspects have been apprehended, Lt. Robert W. Cone said.

Will BCPGV danse macabre in the blood of these innocents?

Post imported post

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
    None dare call it terrorism!

http://abcnews.go.com/WN/soldiers-ki...ory?id=9007938

The suspected gunman was identified as Major Malik Nadal Hasan. He was killed and two other suspects have been apprehended, Lt. Robert W. Cone said.

Will BCPGV danse macabre in the blood of these innocents?
    Are you calling it terrorism, Doug?

P.S. Congrats on 100 posts in your new ID

Banned

Post imported post

http://www.forthoodsentinel.com/

Cone said weapons used in the attack were handguns.

“I heard three or four volleys of shots with eight to 12 shots in each volley.

Post imported post

From ABC News: According to a source on the base, it is rare for firearms to be on the base because they are locked up.

Link: http://abcnews.go.com/WN/soldiers-ki...ory?id=9007938
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Post imported post

Accoring WLS radio Major Malik Nadal Hasan recently converted to ISLAM!

Banned

Post imported post

HankT wrote:
    The FBI said they don't believe terrorism was involved.
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,...est=latestnews

Banned

Post imported post

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_to...jump_to=569697

Second thread that started at virtualy the same time.

I wont re-post my own comments here out of respect for forum rules, so please see above if you like.

Post imported post

Doug, I'm not sure that Lt. Gen. Cone will appreciate the demotion.

Banned

Post imported post

HankT wrote:
    P.S. Congrats on 100 posts in your new ID
    Hank Troll, your 5hit is getting real old, real fast. Maybe I should contact the moderators and copy and paste your harassment to them.

Who cares how many times someone posts. that is what a forum is for. Get a life.

Post imported post

Another gun free zone in action... Too bad we cannot protect ourselves on federal property. Very sad day, I worked for a couple of years on the Hood.

Post imported post

Starting to look like a Cho Seung-Hui type of shooting...

Maybe.

Post imported post

More gun-free zone murder.

And yes, I have loved one stationed at Hood. They're all fine.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

My condolences go out to those who were shot and their families.

Why aren't the news agencies asking why the F** weren't our troops carrying a gun at least a goddam sidearm!? Instead its always about the shooter, the shooters guns and the body count........nothing more.......

Banned

Post imported post

BJA wrote:
    My condolences go out to those who were shot and their families.

Why aren't the news agencies asking why the F** weren't our troops carrying a gun at least a goddam sidearm!? Instead its always about the shooter, the shooters guns and the body count........nothing more.......
    Part of a larger problem, the government disrespecting everyones lives as not worth defending. Disarm law-abiding civilians, disarm the military, don't let them defend the borders and ports, don't let them defend themselves on their own bases, don't give them enough to try to stay alive when deployed. If the UCMJ does not allow a basic level of trust (barring proof of guilt) and personally owned firearms to be carried in lieu of gov issue weapons not being available, then why should anyone ever be allowed to?

Once again we see the tragic result of when only criminals and police can have guns.

Post imported post

my condolences go out to the families of those affected by this as well. It is sad to see something like this happen, and yet we must have these risks if we want to live in a free society. I fear that in the coming days there will be more calls for gun control over this--news organizations have already been stressing that the firearms used were "semi-automatics"....

what I would like to know--allegedly there were civilian police from nearby jurisdictions on Ft. Hood to deal with the shooter...

(1) why was civilian police allowed to conduct law enforcement on a military reservation--considering they have no authority once on the base.

(2) is the Army incapable of handling it's own affairs--This is NOT a slap at the Army, but a legitimate question.

(3) How did the police, if local police were on the base--how did they get on the base considering it was locked down.

It seems to me that the Army should be more than capable of handling something like this--I mean they are the United States Army.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast