Thread: OT: Shooting at an army base

Post imported post

Post imported post

How the hell do you have a "mass shooting" on an army base where hundredsto thousands of people are trained for and authorized to use a variety of firearms?!?!

I'll tell you how, because military bases are federal "gun free zones" where only post guards and MPsare allowed to carry any kind of firearm away from the shooting range, andTHEYare few and far between on what commonly equates to hundreds or thousandsof square acres of land on the majority of military bases.

Another nail in the coffin for the supposed safety of "gun free zones".

Post imported post

FMCDH wrote:
    How the hell do you have a "mass shooting" on an army base where hundredsto thousands of people are trained for and authorized to use a variety of firearms?!?!

I'll tell you how, because military bases are federal "gun free zones" where only post guards and MPsare allowed to carry any kind of firearm away from the shooting range, andTHEYare few and far between on what commonly equates to hundreds or thousandsof square acres of land on the majority of military bases.

Oh, please. Now you want to blame the antis, I suppose.

Weak, FM. Very weak.

Let's wait to see what the details are, eh?

Banned
    across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

HankT wrote:

Weak, FM. Very weak.

How is what he said incorrect? Army bases are, in effect, gun-free zones.
    "If we were to ever consider citizenship as the least bit matter of merit instead of birthright, imagine who should be selected as deserved representation of our democracy: someone who would risk their daily livelihood to cast an individually statistically insignificant vote, or those who wrap themselves in the flag against slightest slights." - agenthex

Post imported post

HankT wrote:
    FMCDH wrote:

Weak, FM. Very weak.

No, I blame the mentality of the antis that make even places like military bases into victim rich environments. If trained soldiers on a military base are not allowed to carry sidearms, who then is qualified?

The mentality of the anti-gun crowd says no-one is qualified except LE.

Well, Law Enforcement is just minutes away when seconds count.

The body count was far too high, and its inexcusable to prevent trained and oath-takingmen and woman from protecting themselves when this could have been stopped in mere seconds if just 25 or 50 percent of those men and womanhad been carrying a sidearm.

It doesn't matter who these shooters were, it only matters what they were able to accomplish due to policies that are shaped, influencedandbow to the anti-gun propaganda we all endure.

Post imported post

Latest is 12 Dead and 30 Injured.

http://news.aol.com/article/seven-re...-hood%2F755134

I was stationed at Fort Hood before the Gulf War and Deployed with 1st Cav. I was there when the Luby's Massacre happened in 1991. This was the single event that has me carrying and teaching others to carry.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luby%27s_massacre

Damn shame!
    Young Kim, NRA Endowment Member
    NRA Certified Instructor (pistol)
    NRA Range Safety Officer

www.shootonthemove.org

"Shoot Safetly, Shoot Often and Share Your Sport!"
    Jim Scoutten, Shooting USA

Post imported post

FMCDH wrote:
    HankT wrote:
    FMCDH wrote:

Weak, FM. Very weak.

No, I blame the mentality of the antis that make even places like military bases into victim rich environments. If trained soldiers on a military base are not allowed to carry sidearms, who then is qualified?

The mentality of the anti-gun crowd says no-one is qualified except LE.

The body count was far too high, and its inexcusable to prevent trained and oath-takingmen and woman from protecting themselves when this could have been stopped in mere seconds if just 25 or 50 percent of those men and womanhad been carrying a sidearm.

It doesn't matter who these shooters were, it only matters what they were able to accomplish due to policies that are shaped, influencedandbow to the anti-gun propaganda we all endure.
    Last I looked, FM, Ft. Hood is controlled by the U.S. military. What on earth do the antis have to do with it?

What on earth does the anti "mentality" have to do with it operations on a military installation?

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

Jesuschrist HankT can't you show some respect and not troll, in this thread.

This is inexcusable, breaking news the shooter is still alive. I hope they bring back the firing squad for him.

It is ridiculous that military bases are gun free zones.

My thoughts go out to the families and freinds of our lost soldiers.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Post imported post

I was watching Fox and MSNBC and both keep bringing up the high capacity handguns used.They need to NOT report that as that just fuels anti gunners evertime something like this happens.Bet a months pension it will be less than 24hrs and someone will be talking gun bans because of this.

Post imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
    I was watching Fox and MSNBC and both keep bringing up the high capacity handguns used.They need to NOT report that as that just fuels anti gunners evertime something like this happens.Bet a months pension it will be less than 24hrs and someone will be talking gun bans because of this.
    Wish the news would just report it for what it is; A terrorist Act.
    Iím proudly straight. I'm free to not support Legalization, GLBT, Illegal Aliens, or the Islamization of America.

Post imported post

jbone wrote:
    DEROS72 wrote:
    Wish the news would just report it for what it is; A terrorist Act.
    Very true. They need to put that worthless excuse for a human being in front of a firing squad. Charge him with treason and put him to death. And in the meantime he needs to be in shackles, low crawling in a sand pit yelling out the names of the dead and injured he caused.
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." -John Stuart Mill

Post imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
    I just heard Fox News refer to one of the handguns with a 20 round "clip" as a "cop killer". What crap.

Post imported post

Ajetpilot wrote:
    DEROS72 wrote:
    I just heard Fox News refer to one of the handguns with a 20 round "clip" as a "cop killer". What crap.
    http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/cop-ki...ory?id=9019521

I just put one FN5.7 on layaway in anticipation of a ban, this is all they need...

Post imported post

SigPacker wrote:
    Ajetpilot wrote:
    DEROS72 wrote:
    http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/cop-ki...ory?id=9019521

I just put one FN5.7 on layaway in anticipation of a ban, this is all they need...
    Sent the publishers this response.

For the FN Herstal Five-Seven pistol to be even closely considered a "cop killer" it would have to have been loaded with the SS190 "duty round" that is specifically designed to penetrate body armor. The SS190 duty round is NOT available for purchase by the public however and is not readily available even to most military. The only standard loads that are available for purchase on the civilian market are the SS195LF and SS197SR rounds, which are hollow point and hunting rounds respectively. These rounds are NOT capable of penetrating even level 2A body armor, the basic minimum that ANY law enforcement agency in the US uses.

Labeling the FN 5.7 as a "cop killer" gun makes you publication look the fool, as ANY firearm at all can be made into a "cop killer" by using the variety of armor penetrating ammo that is made in nearly every caliber known, but that is made and sold ONLY to military and law enforcement agencies in the United States.

While the FN 5.7 is indeed a high velocity round, it is in contrast a very low grain count bullet, being only about 1/4 of the bullet weight of a standard .45 ACP hollow point bullet.

Please try to be more responsible in your reporting in the future by giving facts, not anti-gun lobby propaganda.

Post imported post

FMCDH wrote:

Did you forget that one female cop went after the shooter and shut him down?
    If you have to fight, do not fear death. We will all die one day, so fight skillfully and bravely! And if it is to be that you die, then at least go to God proudly. Meet him as the proud warrior that you are, and not as a sniveling coward. Nobody lives forever.

Post imported post

Johnny Law wrote:
    FMCDH wrote:

Did you forget that one female cop went after the shooter and shut him down?
    Three minutes into the shooting. I'm glad she was there and did what she did, but it should have been stopped LONG before she got there.

Post imported post

How is it that "psycho" had access to a weapon, but no one else nearby did?
    If you have to fight, do not fear death. We will all die one day, so fight skillfully and bravely! And if it is to be that you die, then at least go to God proudly. Meet him as the proud warrior that you are, and not as a sniveling coward. Nobody lives forever.

Post imported post

Johnny Law wrote:
    Because military bases are "Gun Free Zones"! :X

Sorry, I realize your question was probably rhetorical, but I had to say it again. This issue just hits a little too close to home for me.

Post imported post

FMCDH wrote:
    Johnny Law wrote:
    Because military bases are "Gun Free Zones"! :X

Sorry, I realize your question was probably rhetorical, but I had to say it again. This issue just hits a little too close to home for me.
    Hits close to home for me too. Those are my brothers in arms that bastage murdered in cold blood.
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." -John Stuart Mill