• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OT: Shooting at an army base

FMCDH

imported post

How the hell do you have a "mass shooting" on an army base where hundredsto thousands of people are trained for and authorized to use a variety of firearms?!?!

I'll tell you how, because military bases are federal "gun free zones" where only post guards and MPsare allowed to carry any kind of firearm away from the shooting range, andTHEYare few and far between on what commonly equates to hundreds or thousandsof square acres of land on the majority of military bases.

Another nail in the coffin for the supposed safety of "gun free zones". :cuss:

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

FMCDH wrote:
How the hell do you have a "mass shooting" on an army base where hundredsto thousands of people are trained for and authorized to use a variety of firearms?!?!

I'll tell you how, because military bases are federal "gun free zones" where only post guards and MPsare allowed to carry any kind of firearm away from the shooting range, andTHEYare few and far between on what commonly equates to hundreds or thousandsof square acres of land on the majority of military bases.

Oh, please. Now you want to blame the antis, I suppose. :cuss:

Weak, FM. Very weak.

Let's wait to see what the details are, eh?

Tawnos

imported post

HankT wrote:

Weak, FM. Very weak.

How is what he said incorrect? Army bases are, in effect, gun-free zones.

FMCDH

imported post

HankT wrote:
FMCDH wrote:

Weak, FM. Very weak.

No, I blame the mentality of the antis that make even places like military bases into victim rich environments. If trained soldiers on a military base are not allowed to carry sidearms, who then is qualified?

The mentality of the anti-gun crowd says no-one is qualified except LE.

Well, Law Enforcement is just minutes away when seconds count.

The body count was far too high, and its inexcusable to prevent trained and oath-takingmen and woman from protecting themselves when this could have been stopped in mere seconds if just 25 or 50 percent of those men and womanhad been carrying a sidearm.

It doesn't matter who these shooters were, it only matters what they were able to accomplish due to policies that are shaped, influencedandbow to the anti-gun propaganda we all endure.

oldkim

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

FMCDH wrote:
HankT wrote:
FMCDH wrote:

Weak, FM. Very weak.

No, I blame the mentality of the antis that make even places like military bases into victim rich environments. If trained soldiers on a military base are not allowed to carry sidearms, who then is qualified?

The mentality of the anti-gun crowd says no-one is qualified except LE.

The body count was far too high, and its inexcusable to prevent trained and oath-takingmen and woman from protecting themselves when this could have been stopped in mere seconds if just 25 or 50 percent of those men and womanhad been carrying a sidearm.

It doesn't matter who these shooters were, it only matters what they were able to accomplish due to policies that are shaped, influencedandbow to the anti-gun propaganda we all endure.

Last I looked, FM, Ft. Hood is controlled by the U.S. military. What on earth do the antis have to do with it?

What on earth does the anti "mentality" have to do with it operations on a military installation?

sudden valley gunner

imported post

Jesuschrist HankT can't you show some respect and not troll, in this thread.

This is inexcusable, breaking news the shooter is still alive. I hope they bring back the firing squad for him.

It is ridiculous that military bases are gun free zones.

My thoughts go out to the families and freinds of our lost soldiers.

DEROS72

imported post

I was watching Fox and MSNBC and both keep bringing up the high capacity handguns used.They need to NOT report that as that just fuels anti gunners evertime something like this happens.Bet a months pension it will be less than 24hrs and someone will be talking gun bans because of this.

jbone

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
I was watching Fox and MSNBC and both keep bringing up the high capacity handguns used.They need to NOT report that as that just fuels anti gunners evertime something like this happens.Bet a months pension it will be less than 24hrs and someone will be talking gun bans because of this.
Wish the news would just report it for what it is; A terrorist Act.

killchain

imported post

jbone wrote:
DEROS72 wrote:
Wish the news would just report it for what it is; A terrorist Act.
Very true. They need to put that worthless excuse for a human being in front of a firing squad. Charge him with treason and put him to death. And in the meantime he needs to be in shackles, low crawling in a sand pit yelling out the names of the dead and injured he caused.

Ajetpilot

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
I just heard Fox News refer to one of the handguns with a 20 round "clip" as a "cop killer". What crap.

SigPacker

imported post

Ajetpilot wrote:
DEROS72 wrote:
I just heard Fox News refer to one of the handguns with a 20 round "clip" as a "cop killer". What crap.
http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/cop-killer-gun-thought-ft-hood-shooting/story?id=9019521

:( I just put one FN5.7 on layaway in anticipation of a ban, this is all they need...

FMCDH

imported post

SigPacker wrote:
Ajetpilot wrote:
DEROS72 wrote:
http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/cop-killer-gun-thought-ft-hood-shooting/story?id=9019521

:( I just put one FN5.7 on layaway in anticipation of a ban, this is all they need...
Sent the publishers this response.

For the FN Herstal Five-Seven pistol to be even closely considered a "cop killer" it would have to have been loaded with the SS190 "duty round" that is specifically designed to penetrate body armor. The SS190 duty round is NOT available for purchase by the public however and is not readily available even to most military. The only standard loads that are available for purchase on the civilian market are the SS195LF and SS197SR rounds, which are hollow point and hunting rounds respectively. These rounds are NOT capable of penetrating even level 2A body armor, the basic minimum that ANY law enforcement agency in the US uses.

Labeling the FN 5.7 as a "cop killer" gun makes you publication look the fool, as ANY firearm at all can be made into a "cop killer" by using the variety of armor penetrating ammo that is made in nearly every caliber known, but that is made and sold ONLY to military and law enforcement agencies in the United States.

While the FN 5.7 is indeed a high velocity round, it is in contrast a very low grain count bullet, being only about 1/4 of the bullet weight of a standard .45 ACP hollow point bullet.

Please try to be more responsible in your reporting in the future by giving facts, not anti-gun lobby propaganda.

FMCDH

imported post

Johnny Law wrote:
FMCDH wrote:
Did you forget that one female cop went after the shooter and shut him down?
Three minutes into the shooting. I'm glad she was there and did what she did, but it should have been stopped LONG before she got there.

FMCDH

imported post

Johnny Law wrote:
How is it that "psycho" had access to a weapon, but no one else nearby did?
Because military bases are "Gun Free Zones"! :X

Sorry, I realize your question was probably rhetorical, but I had to say it again. This issue just hits a little too close to home for me.

killchain

imported post

FMCDH wrote:
Johnny Law wrote:
How is it that "psycho" had access to a weapon, but no one else nearby did?
Because military bases are "Gun Free Zones"! :X

Sorry, I realize your question was probably rhetorical, but I had to say it again. This issue just hits a little too close to home for me.
Hits close to home for me too. Those are my brothers in arms that bastage murdered in cold blood.