• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Shooting at Fort Hood

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Lammie wrote:
Guns are bad!!! Soldiers should not be allowed to have guns.
Apparently not ones that have recently converted to Islam <Sarcasm.

I think we will start seeing more and more of this as long as we keep sending troops to fight "Wars" for countries that don't even like us, but only want our money.

So much for the value of the U.S. Dollar dropping, apparently it is very valuable to the middle eastern countries.

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
So much for the value of the U.S. Dollar dropping, apparently it is very valuable to the middle eastern countries.
Uhh, ya lost me with that. My estimation of the value of the dollar; we, I, don't see the capital value of the nation changing significantly but still the market averages, in dollars rise. An increase in dollar cost without a increase in value suggests, to me, a decrease in the value of a dollar.

Or look at the record high price of gold. If it gets much worse then I'll take the penalties that have prevented me from liquidating some significant investments and move into gold while I can, while my dollars are worth something.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

I guess my point was they don't like us but they sure like our money.

The shame of it is, if some bystander had been armed maybe they could have stopped this guy before it got as far as it did.
Just goes to show you never know where it will happen.

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

Unfortunately, military bases actually facilitate crimes like this. Using the excuse of safety, weapons are prohibited to be carried for "normal" self defense. When I was in, the only time we were alowed to have live rounds was at the range or at the actual guard point. We had to turn in the rounds and were accountable for each and every one at the end of our shift. No personal weapons in the barracks and they had to be stored in the armory. There were times I was on guard duty with my M16 but no round, just an empty magazine inserted in the mag well for appearances.:?

Once my wife and I gotbase housing,I always had a loaded weapon in my quarters and she had her own.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

IMO, soldiers on duty during wartime ought to be armed at all times regardless of location. Particularly in a war with no FEBA.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

I'd like to know how the media gets away with such drastic changes in the story with out any criticism.

First, there were 3 shooters, then it was 1 shooter and 2 accomplices in custody. Then they reported the shooter was dead.
Then they said the two people who were suspected as accomplices were released.
Now they say the shooter is still alive.

It is not terrorism (the medias words). How can some one walking into a building full of people and open firing not be considered terrorism?

I heard this morning that a woman who was considered a first responder, was in fact armed and the shots fired by this woman did in fact help to end this ordeal.

I bet this is a bad flash back for Susanna Hupp.

The fact is even the people of Texas have still not learned that these incidents can happen anywhere. It is always best to plan ahead and be prepared and that means exercise your rights to self defense. The problem is the sheeple of this country have grown to fat and lazy and want everyone else to do the dirty work for them.

A perfect example of why people should carry for self defense.

gollbladder13

imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
gollbladder13 wrote:
J.Gleason wrote:
Um,

I fail to see a connection with the shooting here.

Hasan was born and raised in Virginia...
Was Islam born and raised in Virginia?

Nope, but thanks to the 1st Amendment, it doesn't matter where Islam was born and raised. It can still be practiced here without persecution...

ETA: So since he was Islam and was involved in a mass shooting, Middle Eastern countries are getting cash from the US for it? How are those countries getting money out of the US? We're not buying their war technology. We're not sponsoring their armies. I guess that point is lost on me, but I'll just remain confused so we don't overtake the thread.

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

gollbladder13 wrote:
Nope, but thanks to the 1st Amendment, it doesn't matter where Islam was born and raised. It can still be practiced here without persecution.
Begs the question, modus ponens, what is the practice of Islam? Actions, conflict, speaks louder than words. Conflict like the 1090 through 1300 Crusades.

Radio reports at 1100 CST have Army bases going to elevated alert. Bye

GlocksRfun

imported post

If being deployed to a war zone is your "worse case senario", you probably shouldn't join the military.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
gollbladder13 wrote:
Nope, but thanks to the 1st Amendment, it doesn't matter where Islam was born and raised. It can still be practiced here without persecution.
Begs the question, modus ponens, what is the practice of Islam? Actions, conflict, speaks louder than words. Conflict like the 1090 through 1300 Crusades.

Radio reports at 1100 CST have Army bases going to elevated alert. Bye
Yes, it is to bad that so many are blind to the fact there are many Islamic s here in this country that are merely sleeping. when they wake up, innocent people die.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

gollbladder13 wrote:
J.Gleason wrote:
gollbladder13 wrote:
J.Gleason wrote:
Um,

I fail to see a connection with the shooting here.

Hasan was born and raised in Virginia...
Was Islam born and raised in Virginia?

Nope, but thanks to the 1st Amendment, it doesn't matter where Islam was born and raised. It can still be practiced here without persecution...

ETA: So since he was Islam and was involved in a mass shooting, Middle Eastern countries are getting cash from the US for it? How are those countries getting money out of the US? We're not buying their war technology. We're not sponsoring their armies. I guess that point is lost on me, but I'll just remain confused so we don't overtake the thread.
This is totally not what I said, and you are simply trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

How are these countries getting money out of the U.S? Are you kidding me?

Do you live in an underground bunker with no contact to the outside world?

Hmm, Countries that get money from the U.S.,
Pakistan
Afghanistan
India
Iraq
Kuwait
and the list goes on and on. From the middle east to South Africa. Mostly all Islamic countries. we don't have to buy anything from them. We just give them money.

As far as sponsoring their armies, oh hell yeah, I can vouch for that personally. We train their armies and provide them with weapons.

They love our money, they just hate us.

Think sleeper cell.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

gollbladder13 wrote:
How are those countries getting money out of the US? We're not buying their war technology. We're not sponsoring their armies. I guess that point is lost on me, but I'll just remain confused so we don't overtake the thread.
Seriously GB13? it is DRUGS!!!

The highest quality, most potent hashish and opiate derivativescome from those middle eastern countries. It is a multi-billion dollar industry.