• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Shooting at Fort Hood

SAK

imported post

My friend pointing out something very significant. Notice how the media always uses the word "Gunman..." They know exactly what they're doing -- associating guns and men with guns with massacres. Gun...kills 13 people...

This story should have been Soldier kills...

Or even more descriptive...Psychiatrist goes crazy killing 13 people...

or Army Officer...

Doctor....

Why gun man then? They don't really say "Bombman kills..." or "Bomber kills..." very often. If it's a bomb, they say "13 died in explosion" or something to that effect. The propaganda machine hard at work :)

skamp

Campaign Veteran
imported post

i was just about to post that.. i think it applies to ALL gun-free zones. if logic was a little more common people would have noticed that a large number of these "massacres" are in gun-free zones and the reason the body count is >1 is the fact that noone else is armed except the criminal. there are no "first responders" we are supposed to just wait for the police. its a shame.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Really doesn't matter IMHO. I believe we will see more and more of these incidents in the future and not just on military posts.

Islamic Extremists are waging war against America and our government is to ignorant to realize it.

Ever notice that in the recent past, just about every one of these types of incidents has involved Islamic Extremists?

I am not profiling against Muslims. The religion is only a front being used by these extreme individuals. They use the Muslim religion openly in an effort to get Americans to go to war with ALL Muslims. We must be very careful to not include the innocent people here.

IMHO, this guy Hasan was a sleeper. I believe he joined the military knowing that with his education and degree he would be a candidate for OCS and become an officer fairly quickly, which was the case here.

He then more than likely collected as much info as he could and communicated that info to other extremists in the middle east as we have found out in this past week. Not only does he have a link to the 9/11 terrorists but he has also been in contact with an extremist sheik in the middle east as well. More than likely to pass on any info he had.

Hasan never expected to get tapped for deployment. When this happened he realized he may be put in the position to fight his own people. That is why he did what he did. To him, it was now or never.

The military is prosecuting this guy. I hope they keep in mind that it was premeditated, an act of treason and also committed during war time. Which means he can be executed which would be true justice.

The thing that scares me the most about all of this is we still see so many people who are against upholding the constitution and still oppose anyone carrying a gun for self defense.

We live in a fat lazy country, with fat lazy people who think they shouldn't even have to exert themselves enough to protect themselves. Instead they would rather wait for the cops, who are minutes away.

Carry On!