• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Was brutal Ft. Hood massacre an act of Jihad?

riverrat10k

imported post

FWIW.

If the guy had been identified as a Christian, you can bet we would be hearing "dangerous right wing extremist" shouted from the rooftops. CBS news last night did not identify him as a Muslim. Even worse, they were spinning about PTSD, etc., even though the guy had never been depoloyed or seen combat.

Islam, the religion of peace my a#@. Until I see a loud and concerted effort by Muslims in this country denouncing this act, all the "honor" killings, and anti-US speech in general, I will consider Muslims the enemy. I lost friends on 9/11.

zack991

imported post

riverrat10k wrote:
FWIW.

If the guy had been identified as a Christian, you can bet we would be hearing "dangerous right wing extremist" shouted from the rooftops. CBS news last night did not identify him as a Muslim. Even worse, they were spinning about PTSD, etc., even though the guy had never been depoloyed or seen combat.

Islam, the religion of peace my a#@. Until I see a loud and concerted effort by Muslims in this country denouncing this act, all the "honor" killings, and anti-US speech in general, I will consider Muslims the enemy. I lost friends on 9/11.
AGREED
I consider that religion as a cult, if they where truly peaceful they would not be supportive of things like this and the mindset they spread is dangerous. Like you said if it was a christian shooter they would make it out as RWE and at least we would see People of the Christan faith condemning the acts and praying for those family that lost the love ones. I am not a big God person myself, but I can see the BS when people use God as an excuse to kill innocent people.

Gator5713

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

riverrat10k wrote:
FWIW.

<SNIP>

<emphasis added>

My sentiments EXACTLY!!!!!

I am a devout Christian who tries to grow in my faith every day. I also believe in peaceful tolerance of differing opinions and views as long as those views do not become actions against my fellow man (or animal for that matter)!

When Muslim leaders GLOBALLY denounce ALL of these acts by extremists and ostracize them from their communities as acting outside of the teachings of their faith, then and ONLY then can I see them as NOT a threat!

<disclaimer> I do personally know a few people of the Muslim faith that are decent, kind, respectful individuals that I have, and will again welcome into my home. I do not hold the actions of others against an individual that has proven him/herself otherwise, however, as a whole, I do not agree with the teachings of the Muslim faith!

There is one aspect of the Muslim faith that I do respect and commend, and that is their DEDICATION to their faith! If more Christians had that same level of dedication I believe that we would see the Peace of the Kingdom of Heaven on Earth!

*** These are MY opinions and beliefs and not intended to offend anyone, however I will NOT apologize for my Faith!
May you all be Blessed!

CommonMan101

imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
Just a minor correction for you. It cannot be racist since the man was of the same race as most Americans. Now if the news agency, or reporter(s) were black or perhaps American aboriginals (commonly called Indians) then one might suspect a racist slant.

I am in a time crunch at the moment, but I haven't found references to race in any story so far. What I do see is a pic that looks like he is of Arab descent. If so, are we mostly Arab here in America, in your opinion? I am unsure what you perceive things to be as far asrace is concerned in this event and in America in general.

I find it unfortunate that race is even any kind of issue to anyone in any situation. It usually gets in the way of what's really important - IMO. When it really is the issue at hand there is little anyone can do to rectify it. When it's added in un-neccesarily it yanks the discussion about what happened and what to do about it off track.

Gator5713

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

CommonMan101 wrote:
SouthernBoy wrote:
Just a minor correction for you. It cannot be racist since the man was of the same race as most Americans. Now if the news agency, or reporter(s) were black or perhaps American aboriginals (commonly called Indians) then one might suspect a racist slant.

I am in a time crunch at the moment, but I haven't found references to race in any story so far. What I do see is a pic that looks like he is of Arab descent. If so, are we mostly Arab here in America, in your opinion? I am unsure what you perceive things to be as far asrace is concerned in this event and in America in general.

I find it unfortunate that race is even any kind of issue to anyone in any situation. It usually gets in the way of what's really important - IMO. When it really is the issue at hand there is little anyone can do to rectify it. When it's added in un-neccesarily it yanks the discussion about what happened and what to do about it off track.
Actually, On the morning news they stated that he is of direct [Muslim] middle eastern decent, and is actually a FIRST generation American as his parents moved here from the middle east! [I do not remember what they said the actual country of origin was...]

zack991

imported post

I hope this SOB dies is the hospital for what he did and he gets every award he deserves in hell. It makes me sick that his family is saying he was a American Hero and was a Proud soldier and that it was not really his fault, but his fellow soldiers who where picking on him. That is as bad as a robber who gets killed and his mother comes out and say my baby didnt do nothing......

Decoligny

imported post

Regardless of whether there was one shooter, or 97 shooters, this was definitely an act of Jihad.

Eyewitnesses have stated that the Major was sitting at his station in the processing line, he stood up and yelled "Allahu Akbar" and started shooting.

He made a personal decision to go "Jihadi" and take out as many "infidels" as he possibly could.

It was reported that he had been briefly looked at by the FBI about 6 months ago for a post he made on a website, making a direct comparison between a suicide bomber and a soldier throwing himself on a grenade to save his buddies.

He will undoubtably end up in Leavenworth on death row after his courtmartial.

10A

imported post

riverrat10k wrote:
People see what they want to see.

"When news first broke Thursday that a shooting at Fort Hood, Texas, killed and injured U.S. soldiers, the national communications director for the Council on American-Islamic Relations wrote a statement of condemnation."

"In a separate statement, the Muslim Public Affairs Council, based in Los Angeles, California, condemned what it called the 'heinous incident.'"

"The Islamic Information Center also issued a statement 'in conjunction with all the major Muslim organizations nationwide' that condemned the attack."

http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/11/05/muslims.fort.hood/index.html

Arab-American and Muslim groups based in metro Detroit and across the U.S. have strongly condemned the shooting rampage in Ft. Hood, Texas.
http://www.freep.com/article/200911...18/Groups-in-Michigan-condemn-Ft.-Hood-attack

"A spokesman for the Council on American-Islamic Relations said they don't know anything about Hasan, and condemned the shooting at Fort Hood.
The group issued a statement calling the shooting as a 'cowardly attack.' They say no political or religious ideology could ever justify or excuse such violence."
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,572448,00.html

Do we blame the a whole religion, race, or society based on rogue actions of one individual, or one rogue group of individuals? Doesn't sound very Christian to me, but then carrying a gun isn't exactly in line with Jesus's teachings either. There are an estimated 1.5 billion Muslims in the world (and growing faster than any other religion). Just to put that in context, there's enough Muslims to repopulate the entire US 5 times over. If each and every Muslim is a cult trained killer then you might as well say goodbye now.

across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsi
imported post

10A wrote:
Doesn't sound very Christian to me, but then carrying a gun isn't exactly in line with Jesus's teachings either.
...not in line with your faulty understanding of Jesus' teachings.

You might consult with the Saint Gabriel Possenti (sp?) Society or with Charl Van Wyk, a founder of Gun Owners of South Africa and hero of the Saint James Church massacre.

Swampbeast

imported post

This is just one more reason to convince me that Islam is a violent religion and that we need to watch these people with caution. Clearly, this was an act of jihad whether he planned it in advance or it was more of a spur of the moment decision.

Some people like to paint these suicide killers as fringe members, but until the masses of Muslims denounce them I won't belive it. Also, you hear about car bombings in the Middle East often a few times a week, how many white Christians in the US or Europe are going around with car bombs? These people are violent becaus the Koran teaches violence against those who do not believe.

Why do we allow the continued immigration of people who hate us? We should not allow Muslims to immigrate here from the middle east and need to stop illegal immigration!!

Swampbeast

imported post

10A wrote:
Doesn't sound very Christian to me, but then carrying a gun isn't exactly in line with Jesus's teachings either.

You should read the Bible. Jesus preached reluctance to use force, yet told his disiples to carry swords for self defense warning them of the dangers to come. See Luke 22:36

A sword was the common weapon carried in self defense in those days as a handgun is today.

zack991

imported post

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
10A wrote:

You might consult with the Saint Gabriel Possenti (sp?) Society or with Charl Van Wyk, a founder of Gun Owners of South Africa and hero of the Saint James Church massacre.
It was discussed here in detail http://forums.buckeyefirearms.org/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5159

"...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."

-Jesus Christ, Luke 22:36

"When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace."

-Jesus Christ, Luke 11:21 (King James translation, 1611 AD)

Deuteronomy 24:7 - 7 "If a man is caught kidnapping any of his countrymen of the sons of Israel, and he deals with him violently or sells him, then that thief shall die; so you shall purge the evil from among you."

Rom 12:19 Never take your own revenge, beloved, but leave room for the wrath of God, for it is written, "Vengeance is Mine, I will repay," says the Lord.

Psalm 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:

Psalm 18:34 He teaches my hands to make war, So that my arms can bend a bow of bronze

CommonMan101

imported post

Gator5713 wrote:
CommonMan101 wrote:
SouthernBoy wrote:

Actually, On the morning news they stated that he is of direct [Muslim] middle eastern decent, and is actually a FIRST generation American as his parents moved here from the middle east! [I do not remember what they said the actual country of origin was...]

Ah! Now that I've had more time to go over the posts it looks like SB is making a comment about how the term racist has been bastardized and redefined. I don't know if SB is an adherent to the new definition or if he is making a well deserved mockery of it, though.

BTW Gator, I will be very surprised if "Muslim" is considered a race. There are Non-Muslims in the Middle East too! Before there were even Muslims there!

So far, I am convinced his killing spreewas based along religious lines not anything else. He listed himself as Palestinian at his home mosque. Yes, born here and an American citizen yet claims that. Why didn't thisraise any red flagswith his superior officers as he was rising through the ranks?

The Donkey

imported post

Manytraditions have had their occasional familiarity with violence, e.g.:

Numbers 31:17: "Now therefore kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that hath known a man by lying with him."

But that doesn't mean that the modern religions that are their outgrowth are inherently violent or evil.

All religions have their share of nutjobs. Hopefully, they turn their attentions some other way. But when they don't, lets hope that there are always afew heros nearby --as it seems that there were in this case.

Creary

imported post

zack991 wrote:
Master Doug Huffman wrote:
10A wrote:

You might consult with the Saint Gabriel Possenti  (sp?) Society or with Charl Van Wyk, a founder of Gun Owners of South Africa and hero of the Saint James Church massacre.
It was discussed here in detail http://forums.buckeyefirearms.org/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=5159

"...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."

-Jesus Christ, Luke 22:36

"When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace."

-Jesus Christ, Luke 11:21 (King James translation, 1611 AD)

Deuteronomy 24:7 - 7 "If a man is caught kidnapping any of his countrymen of the sons of Israel, and he deals with him violently or sells him, then that thief shall die; so you shall purge the evil from among you."

Rom 12:19 Never take your own revenge, beloved, but leave room for the wrath of God, for it is written, "Vengeance is Mine, I will repay," says the Lord.

Psalm 144:1 Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:

Psalm 18:34 He teaches my hands to make war, So that my arms can bend a bow of bronze

zack991,

I personally like Psalm 149:5-9 "The saints shall rejoice in glory: they shall be joyful in their beds. The high praise of God shall be in their mouth: and two-edged swords in their hands: To execute vengeance upon the nations, chastisements among the people: To bind their kings with fetters, and their nobles with manacles of iron. To execute upon them the judgment that is written: this glory is to all his saints. Alleluia."

I strive to be a saint.

carracer

imported post

I have a feeling this thread will be shut down soon... remember, Jesus also reccomended a backup weapon. When Peter asked how many swords He said 2 is enough!

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Husan showed up in his camelhumper nightshirt get-up after giving away his possessions that morning. He did shout Allah-hu Akbar befiore opening up on the people in that processsing center. This muzzie was on Jihad. Stop all the excuses and apologies... this was a personal act of Jihad. What thisIslamobot was doin' in the US Army... as aMajor no less is beyond me.

His parents were West Bank Palestinians. ANY Muzzie can go on Jihad... and it's detailed in the Koran that they should. Look... this 'act' against the infidels has been goin' on for 1387 years.It's not news. Islam Delenda Est!

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

CommonMan101 wrote:
SouthernBoy wrote:

No. I was simply making a suggestion for a slight correction in someone's post (see post number 2) who felt that racist reporting had occurred. Arabic people are caucasian which is what the majority of Americans are as well. That's all - no big deal.