• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Was brutal Ft. Hood massacre an act of Jihad?

Repeater

imported post

Everybody's scared to say so, except Atlas Shrugs:

Major General Robert Scales said the spoke to soldiers on the ground. This was "not the act of a crazy", This was not the random act of a nutcase. It execution style, close range. He shot 44 - 50 rounds - that's a lot of ammunition to come out of those two guns in such a short period of time. This was premeditated. "a deliberate act of execution of the largest army base in America".

He was a psychiatrist. That's rich. Obama called it" a horrific act of violence".

A civilian policeman shot the Muslim terrorist Malik Nadal Hasan. The hero that shot him dead was killed in the ensuing gunfire.

Dreamer

imported post

Actually 50 rounds is less than 4 magazines for a standard issue Beretta M9. The M9 holds a 15 round magazine, meaning he would only have to reload his two pistols once to expend that many rounds...

Ft Hood is a dangerous place. They have shootings there all the time--about every other month someone gets shot and killed there:

http://www.kdhnews.com/news/story.aspx?s=27761

http://www.kxxv.com/Global/story.asp?S=10751210

http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/52642197.html

You need to remember, this is a VERY violent place for some reason. Prior to the VA Tech shooting, the USA record-holder for mass shootings was the Luby's Cafeteria shooting in Killeen TX, which is right next to Ft. Hood...

I find it particularly interesting that the news is reporting that the gunman was finally taken down by a CIVILIAN LEO (who unfortunately did not survive himself).

The original reports this afternoon said there were multiple shooters. Two other soldiers remain in custody. But now (as of 7pm) the media is saying that there was only ONE shooter, this Hassan fellow, and they aren't even mentioning the other two who are still in custody.

The media "pundits" are already hitting the "Al Quaida" connection hard. Just because this guy's name is "Hassan", they seem to think that he might have connections with or be sympathetic to terrorists. He was born in the US. He was a NATURAL-BORN citizen. I find this "spin" being injected into the story to be appalingly racist, and OBVIOUSLY part of some larger propaganda machine. It's sickening, this speculation by the civilian media, and they need to be called out on it--it is racist, it is inflammatory, and it is "yellow journalism" of the lowest degree.

You better believe that we will NEVER know what really happened at Ft. Hood. The Pentagon has VERY specific procedures for dealing with these sorts of internal events, and the "information scrubbing machine" was certainly applied almost IMMEDIATELY to the flow of info to the civilian media. The news feed from Ft. Hood is almost guaranteed to have more "spin" applied to it than an MLB curveball.

Let the whitewash begin...

zack991

imported post

Repeater wrote:
Everybody's scared to say so, except Atlas Shrugs:

Major General Robert Scales said the spoke to soldiers on the ground. This was "not the act of a crazy", This was not the random act of a nutcase. It execution style, close range. He shot 44 - 50 rounds - that's a lot of ammunition to come out of those two guns in such a short period of time. This was premeditated. "a deliberate act of execution of the largest army base in America".

He was a psychiatrist. That's rich. Obama called it" a horrific act of violence".

A civilian policeman shot the Muslim terrorist Malik Nadal Hasan. The hero that shot him dead was killed in the ensuing gunfire.
Obama makes me sick, he made comments about congratulating a person on winning a award and then took his time to get to this story. This should be priority over some one winning a award, no wounder few soldiers respect that fool. Shows where his priority's are. It would not surprise me if he was a terror suspect. People say profiling is racist but people can call it what ever they want, we have way to many extremest Muslim supporters in the US that are more then happy to hurt us more.

Fox news reported that his family said that he was a Muslim all his life and they have reported that he felt it was perfectly ok for Muslim to attack the US. It was reported that he felt that we should not be in Iraq and did not want to deploy.

Notso

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Dreamer wrote:
Just to let you know, it was a Luby's Cafeteria, not a Wendy's Restaurant.

Edited to remove op.

Huck

imported post

So how many times did the lamestream mediaspew out"assault weapon", "uzi", AK47", "deadly sniper rifle"? Hell, no lamestream media report on shootings would becomplete without one or more ofthose.

TFred

imported post

Just heard a report that the shooter is actually not dead. Strange.

One thing we do know for sure, this mass murder took place in a "Gun Free Zone".

Just caught the tail end of an interview which confirmed that the soldiers at Ft. Hood do not carry any weapons, unless they are in a training exercise, etc. Typical of government installations.

It's universal.

TFred

Notso

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Just heard some commentators talking about all the dead and wounded and that the handgun "had to be a semi-automatic" in order to kill that many so fast. Here we go again.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Notso wrote:
Just heard some commentators talking about all the dead and wounded and that the handgun "had to be a semi-automatic" in order to kill that many so fast. Here we go again.

Let's see, he only killed 11 or 12 and wounded 31. You are forgeting that allot of the bullets fired could have passed through their first target and struck a second victem (2 victems per bullet). This guy really didn't have to reload to kill/injure that many people if he was shooting into a crowd.I don't expect any of thereporters in the media to know this.

Something that we all should be aware of if we should ever have to use deadly force to stop a shooter in a occupied area.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Regarding the thread title question, "Act of Jihad?", the report about 2 accomplices does it for me. If the report turns out to be true--that there were to accomplices--I would say it was very likelyjihad/terrorism.

Your garden-variety psycho mass-murderers don't typically bring multiple accomplices.

And, the ones I can remember suicided once the police arrived.

JBURGII

imported post

Still waiting for the facts to filter through on this one. They reported the 2 others were released from custody and the shooter was alone in his attack.

On the surface I wouldn't cry 'jihad' just yet. Lets let the evidence speak for itself, and the gunman if or when he is able to.

We pray for those injured and condolences to the families of the fallen.

Rev Jim II

TFred

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
It has now come out that he was shot down by a female LEO and that she is alive as well... just got out of surgery.
Well, not to say it is the case, but if it does turn out that he was on some sort of a jihad-type crusade... how ironic is it that he was stopped by a woman!

Hmm...

TFred

Alexcabbie

imported post

Well as far as we know, we don't know a whole hell of a lot here. The shooter was a Major - that's a field grade officer - and was a psychaitrist (well, I have always said shrinks is da craaaaziest peoples). Born in Roanoke Va etc. Other than that it is at this writing murky.

Rumors are he was given to kvetching that the Iraqis had "the right" to fight the "oppressors". Doesn't the Army have a "human reliability program" for field and general staff officers that should have caught this?? If this is true, its sorta like having a Green Beret officer sying that the VC were freedom fighters right after the Tet Offensive. :shock:

I am sure the CID boys (OKAY AND GIRLS sheesh) are working on this and trying to keep the FBI from screwing it up and between that and telling ATF to just process the forensics and stop the grandstanding they are gonna meed a couple days. SO I am reserving judgement but it sounds to me like either way this screwball ought to have been found out and neutralized before this happened.

utbagpiper

Banned
imported post

Utah media now reports one person present called her father and told him the shooter said "Allah Ackba".

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=8572568

NORTHERN UTAH -- The news of the mass shooting at Fort Hood Thursday hit close to home for some Utahns. One man says his daughter heard the shooter exclaim "Allah Akbar" as he opened fire.
We want to stress that no government or military officials are reporting that and there is no way for us to independently confirm that it is true.
The family from northern Utah agreed to talk to us, on the condition we not identify them and blur out some photos they've supplied, because they're worried their daughter could get in trouble with her superiors for making public what she told her family she saw.
The soldier's father says his daughter was at Fort Hood Thursday when the shooting happened, and she called him, frantic and upset, soon after.
"She said, ‘Dad, I'm OK. Don't worry, I'm OK.' And initially I said, ‘What are you talking about?' She said, ‘Haven't you heard?' And I said, ‘No.' And she said, ‘We've been attacked by terrorists,'" the father explained.
He told KSL News soldiers were sitting in a staging area for medical and dental checks when the group was startled by gunfire.
"A person behind counter stood up, and he said, ‘Allah Akbar!' And just opened up on everybody," the father told us.
Again, that's what the man tells us his daughter said, but no one else is saying that and we cannot confirm whether it's true. He, himself a military veteran, says at first his daughter thought it was some sort of drill but quickly discovered it wasn't.
"It was within a second or two she realized it was real because the person right next to her was shot and killed instantly," he said.
The man says his daughter immediately fell to the ground and played dead. He says he contacted KSL because he thought people should know what happened there.

Also read or listen to interviews with a former colleague of the shooter at:
www.breitbart.tv/co-worker-ft-hood-gunman-made-outlandish-comments-condemning-us-foreign-policy/

Read it at www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=115218

"Muslims should stand up and fight the aggressor." That's what Army Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan said about America before he and possibly other Muslim soldiers at Fort Hood shot 43 fellow soldiers, killing 12, who were returning from Iraq and Afghanistan.

"He said Muslims had a right to attack" the U.S., said Col. Terry Lee, who worked with Hasan at the Texas post, where the devout Sunni Muslim refused deployment. "He said Muslims shouldn't be fighting Muslims," he added. "He was very clear on that."

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
imported post

No, it was the result of PC thugs not allowing us to screen muzbots, and fascists using the constitution to inflict yet one more of the 1000 papercuts of death. They declared war on us, we don't want to be bothered or offend them. So they kill us in places we're supposed to be "safe".

ecocks

imported post

I'm going with the crazed, lone gunmantake until someone credible and consistent shows it as different. If this had been planned it would have had moreshooters although the number of fatalities and wounded are staggeringly high for a single gunman when reading reports that there were only 4-5 magazines fired. This guy is apparently a much better than average shot even if this was planned ahead of time and not just a freaked out guy facing deployment to a combat zone. As for being a "field-grade officer" it should be remembered he is specialized Medical Corps where promotions are relatively automatic and in no way indicative of anything more than longevity and generally acceptable performance.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

Dreamer wrote:
Actually 50 rounds is less than 4 magazines for a standard issue Beretta M9. The M9 holds a 15 round magazine, meaning he would only have to reload his two pistols once to expend that many rounds...

Ft Hood is a dangerous place. They have shootings there all the time--about every other month someone gets shot and killed there:

http://www.kdhnews.com/news/story.aspx?s=27761

http://www.kxxv.com/Global/story.asp?S=10751210

http://www.kwtx.com/home/headlines/52642197.html

You need to remember, this is a VERY violent place for some reason. Prior to the VA Tech shooting, the USA record-holder for mass shootings was the Luby's Cafeteria shooting in Killeen TX, which is right next to Ft. Hood...

I find it particularly interesting that the news is reporting that the gunman was finally taken down by a CIVILIAN LEO (who unfortunately did not survive himself).

The original reports this afternoon said there were multiple shooters. Two other soldiers remain in custody. But now (as of 7pm) the media is saying that there was only ONE shooter, this Hassan fellow, and they aren't even mentioning the other two who are still in custody.

The media "pundits" are already hitting the "Al Quaida" connection hard. Just because this guy's name is "Hassan", they seem to think that he might have connections with or be sympathetic to terrorists. He was born in the US. He was a NATURAL-BORN citizen. I find this "spin" being injected into the story to be appalingly racist, and OBVIOUSLY part of some larger propaganda machine. It's sickening, this speculation by the civilian media, and they need to be called out on it--it is racist, it is inflammatory, and it is "yellow journalism" of the lowest degree.

You better believe that we will NEVER know what really happened at Ft. Hood. The Pentagon has VERY specific procedures for dealing with these sorts of internal events, and the "information scrubbing machine" was certainly applied almost IMMEDIATELY to the flow of info to the civilian media. The news feed from Ft. Hood is almost guaranteed to have more "spin" applied to it than an MLB curveball.

Let the whitewash begin...
Just a minor correction for you. It cannot be racist since the man was of the same race as most Americans. Now if the news agency, or reporter(s) were black or perhaps American aboriginals (commonly called Indians) then one might suspect a racist slant.