Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shooting and FT HOOD TX

Post imported post

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_fort_hood_shooting

This is just WRONG!!!!!!!! The anti gunners are going to use this i am sure.......

Campaign Veteran Right Wing Wacko's Avatar

Post imported post

Another madman in a gun free zone

Post imported post

Post imported post

this is just well i cant come up with the words to descibe how wrong this is

Post imported post

I was watching Fox and MSNBC and both keep bringing up the high capacity handguns used.They need to NOT report that as that just fuels anti gunners evertime something like this happens.Bet a months pension it will be less than 24hrs and someone will be talking gun bans because of this.

Post imported post

Thoughts and prayers go out to all of the people affected by this tragedy.

Post imported post

It's obvious that the military should not be allowed to own firearms, since once in a very long while one of them will use a firearm to commit violence...

Post imported post

Ieveryone on base should be armed.. that would have stopped this. Thanks, leadership for letting our own get murdered.

Rest In Peace.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Right Wing Wacko wrote:
    Another madman in a gun free zone
    Of course. He was a psychiatrist. The profession has a high incidence of nasty little traits like suicide,sexcrimes againstpatients, fraud.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

Post imported post

Had everyone been armed, only one guy would of been killed.
    Live Free or Die!

Post imported post

How about instead of making wisecracks about gun laws, we respect the fact that 12 US soldiers died today needlessly?
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." -John Stuart Mill

Post imported post

killchain wrote:
    How about instead of making wisecracks about gun laws, we respect the fact that 12 US soldiers died today needlessly?
    I don't think they're wisecracks. I don't want to respect the fact that 12 soldiers died, I feel horror that it could have been prevented and sorrow and empathy for the families of those involved. I don't see anything about this situation to respect - it's shameful, tragic, and pointless.

Our "wisecracks" are the alternative to outright cursing those who kept the victims from being able to defend themselves.

Post imported post

antispam540 wrote:
    It's obvious that the military should not be allowed to own firearms, since once in a very long while one of them will use a firearm to commit violence...
    I truly hope you are kidding with that comment. I am a US Army Officer. And if you read the article that was linked on this thread you realize that the solider who went on this rampage had issues. In most cases of shootings the person committing the crime had issues. My prayers go out to the members of those involved in this. It is a shame that the Army doesn't allow "us" the solider to carry while on Post. This incident might have ended a lot sooner.

Post imported post

rocknsnow wrote:
    antispam540 wrote:
    I truly hope you are kidding with that comment. I am a US Army Officer. And if you read the article that was linked on this thread you realize that the solider who went on this rampage had issues. In most cases of shootings the person committing the crime had issues. My prayers go out to the members of those involved in this. It is a shame that the Army doesn't allow "us" the solider to carry while on Post. This incident might have ended a lot sooner.
    I believe his statment was intended to be taken as sarcastic irony brother.

That said, I agree with you completely. There is no excuse what so ever for this situation to have happened the way it did. Military bases of all places should not be "victim rich environments", and this guy could have been put down seconds after it started if even 25 percent of soldiers were carrying sidearms.

Oath-taking and trained men and woman should not be disarmed on their own base, and the majority of responsibility for this incident falls squarely on the military policy makers shoulders. IMHO

Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States

Post imported post

rocknsnow wrote:
    antispam540 wrote:
    He's being sarcastic here. Many of us on this forum are Veterans or Active Duty Military. We grieve for the loss of our brothers and sisters just like you do. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the families of the victims.
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"I like people who stand on the Constitution... unless they're using it to wipe their feet." - Jon E Hutcherson

Post imported post

Naval bases are even worse. The Navy personnel are not allowed to carry pocketknives and/or multitools with knives on them. In the USMC it was expected that every Marine have a knife of somesort. Very handy.

On another note, I can see where this is going to go. You see, you cannot carry on bases, but you can own. If you are single, your weapon has to be stored in an armory (Which is a pain because that means you have to wait on their personnel to even show up to let you have it). If you are married and in Base Housing you are allowed to keep it in the house. I don't know if this goes for all services though. Now, they are probably going to take away the right to have a gun in your home on base. Any military member here can probably testify that Base housing can be a terror at times. When we went to war, some military wives were raped outside their own base house. My wife kept getting disturbing phone calls and had an attempted break in. I bought my Walther P99 the first week I returned from Iraq. Luckily never had to use it for defense yet.

Post imported post

This incident could have been prevented. The guy was known to frequent Muslim extremist web sites, and has been on a watch list for years. As a 11 year army infantry, and Iraq war veteran, I think this guys chain of command should be brought up on charges for dereliction of duty. This tragedy was 100% preventable.

Post imported post

Hindsight is great to have.... (wish I had it for the lotto numbers).

Something should have been done.

I do agree but obviously it wasn't. I'm sure the "touchy feely" folks didn't want to offend anyone in his chain of command. As the investigation is underway I'm positive some "heads" will roll.

There is certainly going to be more "routine" safety checks when you drive threw the gates now and more than likely personally owned firearms for those on active duty will be scrutinized just a bit more.

The military is a mirror of the greatness of this country and sadly... enough said.

Young Kim, NRA Endowment Member
    NRA Certified Instructor (pistol)
    NRA Range Safety Officer

www.shootonthemove.org

"Shoot Safetly, Shoot Often and Share Your Sport!"
    Jim Scoutten, Shooting USA

Post imported post

I also agree with the statement that extremism played a part.Be that as it may no one had the means to defend themselves.These folks were also a victim of gun control.Now they are reporting another shooting in an office in Florida .The anti gun people are going to jump all over this .We are really going to have to take very dramatic stand so to speak to protect our right to protect ourselves.

Post imported post

shot_on_target wrote:
    SNIP; This incident could have been prevented.
    Nothing can be complete prevented, prepared for yes, measures in place to minimize yes. A criminal will always find the way to commit an offense. The major was no exception,he knew the system and used it to his advantage, and he planned this. He should be treated as a terrorist who attacked a military installation, not as a nut with a gun. IMO it will show that his metal state had little to do with and everything to do with ties to extremists; these facts are already showing up.

Three fence lines penetrated lines at Bangor (different event, same day) but still nut cases penetrated the base, what if this had been an extremists group with different intention. Holy Sh**.
    Iím proudly straight. I'm free to not support Legalization, GLBT, Illegal Aliens, or the Islamization of America.

Post imported post

Nitrox314 wrote:
    SNIP; Naval bases are even worse. The Navy personnel are not allowed to carry pocketknives and/or multitools with knives on them.
    So not true.
    Iím proudly straight. I'm free to not support Legalization, GLBT, Illegal Aliens, or the Islamization of America.

Post imported post

jbone wrote:
    Nitrox314 wrote:
    SNIP; Naval bases are even worse. The Navy personnel are not allowed to carry pocketknives and/or multitools with knives on them.
    So not true.
    Then maybe it may have been the one base, but on Whidbey Island Naval Air Station, the sailors are not allowed to keep knives of any sort on them. I worked there for two years, and it was the same thing across base. I found this out when I forgot my tools in my car and asked a sailor to borrow a knife.

Post imported post

Nitrox314 wrote:
    jbone wrote:
    Nitrox314 wrote:
    So not true.
    Then maybe it may have been the one base, but on Whidbey Island Naval Air Station, the sailors are not allowed to keep knives of any sort on them. I worked there for two years, and it was the same thing across base. I found this out when I forgot my tools in my car and asked a sailor to borrow a knife.
    I'll PM, so we don't high jack the thread.

Post imported post

jbone wrote:
    shot_on_target wrote:
    SNIP; This incident could have been prevented.
    Nothing can be complete prevented, prepared for yes, measures in place to minimize yes. A criminal will always find the way to commit an offense. The major was no exception,he knew the system and used it to his advantage, and he planned this. He should be treated as a terrorist who attacked a military installation, not as a nut with a gun. IMO it will show that his metal state had little to do with and everything to do with ties to extremists; these facts are already showing up.

Three fence lines penetrated lines at Bangor (different event, same day) but still nut cases penetrated the base, what if this had been an extremists group with different intention. Holy Sh**.
    Yea, you simply cant prevent things like this. They cant even prevent them in the UK where NO ONE, is allowed to carry or even own most firearms, including many of their own police officers who have to have a job or specific assignment that warrants the need.

If a person is suicidal and determined enough, you simply cannot stop them, you can only minimize the damage they can effect on others by having a equalizing force in the IMMEDIATE vicinity. Law enforcement cant be everywhere at once, as evidenced by the 3 minute (reported) initial reponse time of the first responder on scene to this tragedy.

THREE MINUTES!!! Can you imagine how much damage can be done in three minutes?
    Apparently, the anti-gun mentality driven types cannot. Here is a test....take a lighter and light it, then hold it under your hand at about 3 inches for 5 seconds....now do it again on the other hand for 3 minutes. Which would YOU prefer?

Yea, thought so.

Even if you took ALL private firearms off of military bases, and even if you screened and searched ALL vehicles and people that came onto these bases, there is STILL a dozen ways to sneak or ship or steal a firearm to do these kinds of crimes.

Penn and Teller said it best. "You cant stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws, that would be insane!!"

What it comes down to, is you cant stop violence by burring your head in the sand and singing the same old lame song of "less guns equals less violence". (tell that to the poor sheeple in the UK and in Australia) You can only mitigate violence by preparing to meet it with an equalizing force the moment it is presented against you or others.

Ok...rant off.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast