• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Firing Line in Westland

T Vance

imported post

I have a gift card for this gun range in Westland. Has anyone ever been there? How is it? I plan on going in 2 weeks with a friend. Does anyone want to meet up there and shoot too?

Wednesday, November 18th around 4pm

thekunk47

imported post

It's owned and operated by 3 Westland police officers,two of which are retired. They allow only jacketed ammo and have the same rules as most ranges. The staff is knowledgeable and helpful.I supply them with their range ammo and have had no problems with them at all.

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
imported post

It's only like 10 min's from my house and I rarely go there.

But if you must go I guess I can join you...I'll need to break in my new M&P with some rapid fire. (I hear they like that at firing line) :cool:

Jblack44

imported post

dougwg wrote:
The problem is they know you....

They have the attitude of "You're an a$$hole until proven otherwise".

Yep...Been there twice and got the same attitude..Won't go back. I loved they way they tried to tell me which gun I need to buy. Not the one I researched and spent a lot of time deciding on.

I do my shooting at firearm exchange in Livonia

Rasher

imported post

ISMOID wrote:
dougwg wrote:
They have the attitude of "You're an a$$hole".
+1 and I will leave it that. I don't go there anymore because of it.
+2 or 3, although I do think their "WOMEN ONLY" classes- being taught by women is a good thing for lady's who are nervous about the whole process.

SlowDog

imported post

I have shot there and bought from them because like dougwd I am a few blocks away. But the last time I was there I had cash in my pocket and was gonna buy new safe. They made me wait 15-20 minutes because there was some off duty LEO's in there and they get preferential treatment. I walked with money in hand. ......just saying....:cuss:

T Vance

imported post

Not sure if anyone wanted to go still or not, but I'll be there around 4:00pm on Wednesday. Send me a PM with your phone number (if you want) if you want to meet up there.

autosurgeon

imported post

SlowDog wrote:
I have shot there and bought from them because like dougwd I am a few blocks away. But the last time I was there I had cash in my pocket and was gonna buy new safe. They made me wait 15-20 minutes because there was some off duty LEO's in there and they get preferential treatment. I walked with money in hand. ......just saying....:cuss:

I ran into this at a local shop and I made the rather loud comment that if they would rather discuss the latest donuts rather then take my money then I was on my way... They in a red faced mob all came over to find out how they could help me..:lol:

The two off duty cops.. who I know both were grinning and quite enjoying the antics :celebrate

a2fireball

imported post

I've never had any of the attitude problems others spoke of. I don't know any of the folks that work there, but they are always helpful and friendly to me. The two guns i purchased there the transaction went smoothly...they didn't try to tell me what to buy. I go to the range often and it works out fine for me, my wife, and the few friends I've brought there.

Just my 2 cents. :)

dougwg

MOC Charter Member Westland, Michigan, USA
imported post

T Vance wrote:
Not sure if anyone wanted to go still or not, but I'll be there around 4:00pm on Wednesday. Send me a PM with your phone number (if you want) if you want to meet up there.

Is there a reason you are going to Firing Line specifically instead of some other range?

Reason I ask is that I shoot pins down at Top Gun on Wednesdays so thats where I'll be.