• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Fort Hood

widescreen

imported post

My prayers and thoughts go to the victims and families of those at Fort Hood. Many will lose sleep, feel pain, and go through the agony of loss. May justice be swift, and peace be with those that morn.

Eric.

imported post

Dido
I only hope the military will revisit their policy of firearms carry so as to minimize those monsters who will inevitably come in similar manners in years to come.

jdgypsy

was Meridian ID, just moved to Killeen, Texas, USA
imported post

I had no choice but to watch this on CNN and it just reaffirms that CNN sucks. They reported off the wall stuff, more like crap, I don't mean reports of he's dead, oh wait, no he isn't. That was a SNAFU at Hood. They were discussing how and why a DR. would have gun???? Was it a military wpn or his own and how in the hell did he get it on post or get one in the first place?

Regardless he did what he did! I can't and won't state for obvious reasons what the policy on Ft Hood is regarding wpns coming on to post, I can say he didn't break the law until he loaded that wpn and did what he did to his fellow Soldiers. I hope he gets the needle for this. It is horrible that Soldiers can't go to work on a US Army installation and not worry about a event like this, even today the thought of a terror attack is in the back of our minds when at work on post. I wonder if the law will eventually permit those who can CCW to do so on a US instalation or almost anywhere for that matter. What if this opens the flood gates to all the others who don't want to go to war.

I am moving back to Killeen and Ft Hood in two weeks and always carry, Killeen had some bad areas and some nuckleheads. Sorry, have to say it. Every town does. Hate that I can't carry open there, but will be armed regarless. Not on post of course, I can't protect myself there !!!!

Just found out this afternoon, I have a friend/fellow Soldier there on post, I called him imediatley because I knew he had some friends coming back from downrange who would be going through the process at that location. He said he had a guy in there, but he walked away unharmed. Well later that night he found out differently, his Soldier was hit. He was bad off. I discovered today he is doing better and will survive but not with out long lasting,if not permanent injuries. Thoughts are with him and his family and friends.

ecocks

imported post

What a shame.

Between the "cop-killer gun" portrayal and the inevitable backlash and steretyping of muslim members of the armed forces, LE communities and regular society, we're spiraling further downward in this mess.

jdgypsy

imported post

You can say that again !!!!! John asked me if I am going to carry when I get there on post. It is illegal to do so on post, not illegal to have one in the car unloaded, only for the purpose to go to the on post range though. I do expect them to go back to the old regulation, it will need to be registered. Will see when I get there. That would be nice though if we could carry on a FED property. Wishful thinking. Maybe someday.

ecocks

imported post

Wonder how they would view you putting a small lockbox in your car since you never know for sure when you are going to head for the range?

jdgypsy

imported post

LOL, the first night on post to sign back in from leave I ran into two MP's and asked them the policy regarding bringing weapons on post, unloaded ofcourse and it has not changed since this summer. The guy who was at the desk when I signed in said different and that is why I ask the two MP's on the way out in the parking lot. I will check further on the regulation to make sure I am in compliance. I think you can only if you are going to the on post range though, that is what I need to clarify.