• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Today, I was "THAT GUY"

Prefersa357

imported post

Mike wrote:
Commodore76 wrote:
I was on a really proud streak of not ever having as issue in my home county with OC. Today was not my day. I open carry a heck of a lot around here.

Today, as I was standing at the counter of a bank (Not mine as I was making a deposit for a friend) the bank manager approached me and asked if I was a police officer. I responded with a simple no. She paused for what seemed like an eternity. When she finally spoke, it was to tell me that "they don't allow handguns inside". I told her that I had no idea and they may want to consider posting signs at the entrances to alert visitors.
Huh? You are asking them to post? Why? if you ask them, they will come. Never bring up posting.
Actually I would prefer the bank (s) post that they don't support OC's (guns), then I know where not to do my banking at :D

Commodore76

imported post

Prefersa357 wrote:
Mike wrote:
Commodore76 wrote:
I was on a really proud streak of not ever having as issue in my home county with OC. Today was not my day. I open carry a heck of a lot around here.

Today, as I was standing at the counter of a bank (Not mine as I was making a deposit for a friend) the bank manager approached me and asked if I was a police officer. I responded with a simple no. She paused for what seemed like an eternity. When she finally spoke, it was to tell me that "they don't allow handguns inside". I told her that I had no idea and they may want to consider posting signs at the entrances to alert visitors.
Huh? You are asking them to post? Why? if you ask them, they will come. Never bring up posting.
Actually I would prefer the bank (s) post that they don't support OC's (guns), then I know where not to do my banking at :D
After speaking with the person who works for that company in another location, theyHAD contacted LE while I was inside. I would hope that there was SOME kind of warning that I was doing something wrong before I got to have that conversation with LE. Again, seems like a trap without there being a warning in place...

5jeffro7

imported post

TechnoWeenie wrote:
chase has an anti-gun policy...

I closed my accounts with them because of it...

Ask colt45

actually, with all due respect, I've researched this carefully a couple months ago & I can assure you of what chase's policy is:

they leave it up to the discretion of the individual branch manager. if the manager has no problem, then carry-on, but if the manager is a sheeple like the one by costo on the king/snohomish county line, then he doesn't want guns in his branch.

I talked with a gal in the corporate security department back east by the name of danielle & the above is basically what she told me. She also mentioned that there are some managers that don't even want their own corporate security officers armed in their branch.

Jeff