• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wasatch Front Area Range Day, Sat Dec 5TH.

41 Magnum

imported post

Here's the deal-

Saturday, Dec. 5th, I reserved the Provo City range for the day for my family. The whole thing, dawn to dusk. It's in my name, but anyone from here is welcome to come up, OC is, of course, just fine. You will need to supply your own targets, eyes, ears, etc.

Bring whoever you want whenever you want, pack a lunch, bring your barbecue or dutch ovens if you want, etc. Bring chairs if it's warm enough to sit and visit, that kind of stuff. Just a family friendly range day.

The only things we need to abide by:

1. NO GLASS TARGETS

2. NO ALCOHOL

3. We will be following the 4 rules.

4. Everyone on or near the firing line needs eyes and ears, so make sure you bring enough to cover your group.

5. No shotguns are to be fired at the city's target backers, it tears them up too badly.

6. The skeet and trap ranges belonging to the Provo gun club are not part of the Provo city range proper, and as such are off limits to us unless they are holding a meet and will allow us to pay and participate that day.

I also posted this over at http://www.wethearmed.com and http://www.thehighroad.org . So I'm expecting a decent sized turn out. Let's just make sure we do it SAFELY, eh?

rpyne

imported post

There is one shotgun position on the berm west of the pistol range if anyone wants to bring a thrower. There is a post to mount a mechanical thrower or you can use a hand thrower. It isn't a big space but can accommodate 2 or 3 shooters at a time.

SGTJensen, what restaurant were you thinking of? If it is the one between 100 and 200 North on 200 West (behind Zion's Bank), it has closed.

Also, did you reserve both the rife and pistol ranges?

Edit: spelling

rpyne

imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
rpyne wrote:
SGTJensen, what restaurant were you thinking of? If it is the one between 100 and 200 North on 200 West (behind Zion's Bank), is has closed.
No, it is the I Buffet (International Buffet) between ShopKo and Movies 8. Lunch is $6.99, and Dinner is $9.99.

http://www.utahvalley.org/shopping-dining/dining.aspx?detailID=2206
THat sounds even better. I wonder how I missed it. I'll have to try for my weekly lunch out. Thanks.

scorpioajr

imported post

41 Magnum wrote:
Here's the deal-

I reserved the Provo City range for the day for my family....but anyone from here is welcome to come up...
Cool!
And its just the regular outdoor provo shooting range at 40°19'23"N111°38'17"W ?

YES.

mapdata

Edit: Answered my own Q...

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

JoeSparky wrote:
I appreciate the announcement and invitation to participate but after SEVERAL readings of the thread...

I DON'T SEE WHEN THIS IS TO OCCUR!:exclaim::exclaim:
It was in the thread title the whole time, Mr. Sparky! :p At least you didn't judge this book by its cover. :lol:

JoeSparky

Centurion
imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
JoeSparky wrote:
I appreciate the announcement and invitation to participate but after SEVERAL readings of the thread...

I DON'T SEE WHEN THIS IS TO OCCUR!:exclaim::exclaim:
It was in the thread title the whole time, Mr. Sparky! :p At least you didn't judge this book by its cover. :lol:
:what:

41 Magnum

imported post

Update-

Talked to the president of the Provo Gun Club yesterday. They'll be there. So if you want to shoot trap, skeet or 5 stand, bring your shotguns, 7.5, 8, or 9 shot loads and a little money. It's something like 5 bucks a round for trap is all. So it's pretty reasonably priced.

manithree

imported post

b1ack5mith wrote:
Does it cost money to use the regular range? I've never been there :p

This'll be TEH FUHNZ

Info is here.

Basically $10 for each range, but you have to go to downtown Provo to pick up the key and again to return it. Great place to shoot.

41 Magnum

imported post

B1ack5mith, it would cost you money if you reserved it yes. But I did, so you can't, but I can let whoever I want to shoot since I reserved it. Make sense now?

EDIT: And by that I mean I want anybody and everybody that wants to come up and shoot that day to do so!

rpyne

imported post

I don't know if they were taken in for the winter or what, but I was up there last week and all of the movable target holders for the pistol range are gone, so if you want to shoot at less than 50 yards, you may need to bring target stands.