• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry On Your Property

jayspapa

imported post

I have. Many , many times in fact. Neighbor would go by and wave . Thats it. That was in the country though. Now live in town and still have a pistol on me at all times on the property. First time the neighbor saw me with my 1911 , he said " Hey !! Your pistol is cocked. "

I informed him that was the way it should be carried. Nothing else to report. I am on the South end of the state though . :lol:

RobR369

imported post

I do carry all the time, but not really openly, although not completely concealed either. Not hiding it, but not putting it out there neither. I have been curious though to see the reaction, seeing I live in a rural town in cook county:shock:

AaronS

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
Ha that is my brother there with the XD in the serpa! We were attending the Kalamazoo MI OC picnic when that was taken!

Let me just try to understand Mich. You need to ask to buy a gun? Or do you just need to ask to carry it? Or is it both?...

Who is a free man?

office888

imported post

AaronS wrote:
autosurgeon wrote:
Ha that is my brother there with the XD in the serpa! We were attending the Kalamazoo MI OC picnic when that was taken!

Let me just try to understand Mich. You need to ask to buy a gun? Or do you just need to ask to carry it? Or is it both?...

Who is a free man?
Long-gun purchases follow federal law.

We do have pistol registration, however. You can "purchase" your pistol, but you can't pick it up until you go to your local police / sheriff's department, pay a SMALL notary fee, and take a simple 20 question test to prove you're competent to own a handgun. You fill out the information about the weapon and send it back to the state.

Open-Carry in Michigan is unlicensed, with a few exceptions. I started open-carrying when I was 19.

I hope to see major changes in Illinois legislation within the next 5-10 years, as I intend to end up in Chicago when I finish my schooling here.

Good luck. :)

-Richard-

Navy80to04

imported post

I do all the time on both of my places, BUT, one is in town and the other is out where no one sees me, just off of route 158 my camp ground. but I have one on. :celebrate

AdamPeterson

imported post

I open carry at home every single day. Mowing the lawn, putting up Christmas lights, grilling, watching a movie, doing the dishes, whatever, doesn't matter what I'm doing, I'm armed. Okay, I have to be completely honest...minus showering, sleeping, and the horizontal tango ;-) but you better believe that it is within arms reach.

TyGuy

imported post

you could use a fanny pack style on your back during the Tango Adam....

TyGuy

imported post

you could use a fanny pack style on your back during the Tango Adam....

bealaskan

imported post

Hey All,

I went to WIU and have family in Macomb, Monmouth, Galesburg, Avon and the surrounding areas. I often open carried on my property and off. Granted it is a rural area of Illinois but I never had an issue. Honestly, I never knew it was illegal to open carry, during the time I lived there. Many of my friend were either State Police or Deputies and they never said a word about it. It took me leaving the state and joining open carry. org to discover the that it was illegal, to open carry off your property.

Christopher

amzbrady

imported post

Hopefully one day you will be able to enjoy the 2nd amendment as it was written. We here in the Great Pacific NorthWest carry openly like in the picture daily as we go about our business. In stores, walking down the street. We have CPL's (concealed pistol licenses) that allow us to Conceal Carry, and if we are open carry we do not have to unload or unholster to carry in our vehicles. If we are walking about downtown, big cities on sidewalks, on public transportation while OC we do not need our CPL or ID. I mention this because I grew up in IL. Born in E. St. Louis and could not stand living in such a backwards state any longer. I can only hope that ya'll can change things for the better. Freedom is awesome. The US constitution is awesome. The grass is greener.

amzbrady

imported post

NewZealandAmerican wrote:
autosurgeon wrote:
Wow! Last week i went online to do a Google Images search on "open carry" so I could find a dozen or more open carry pictures to save on my computer, this was randomly one of them!
Here is a picture of what Open Carry really is. This is one of our guys in Washington that OC's daily, In Public. He was attending a tea party. We OC daily in our normal lives and dont have to live in fear. I Open Carry on my job as a tow truck driver and deal with State patrol, Sheriffs office, and local PD. No issues here.

DEROS72

imported post

Or me downtown Seattle......This is where things need to be..

We don't do empty holster rallies here....

TyGuy

imported post

1) I hope to move to Seattle. Well, not the city, more like Port Townsend.

2) OC in a bank blows my mind. If that picture was shown in Chicago newspapers I think Daley would have a heart attack.

3) It's comming to Illinois. I hope this year, but I think next year, after the Nov elections is more likely.

4)I OC on my property all of the time, and I live in your typical suburban neighborhood.

cheers