• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry On Your Property

DEROS72

imported post

you should send those to Daley and the local paper and show them where most of America is....We need to make this common everywhere.We even open carried in a Senate hearing at the capital hear in Olympia .When an anti tried to have us disarmed and removed from the building our State Patrol refused saying we were within our rights.....

Most LE depts here have been given training bulletins on legality of OC and are told for the most part to leave us alone.Metro even issued an employeed memo to tellbus drivers to quit calling the cops if someone open carries on a bus.We can carry on the stateferries pretty much anywhere for the most part.Thats why we have to all the states ..ban together and make this nation wide..

Senate hearing for proposed assault weapons ban(always someone trying to ban guns).313 were signed up to speak against the ban and 12 for.It was shot down in flames....

This was taken when we came out of the hearing...

TyGuy

imported post

I travel to WA often, as I have a lot of my college friends out there. I just recently got my Utah and Pennsylvannia permit. So, the next time that I am there I will be carrying. Do you know if I have to CCW or can I OC while there? Should I check for local ordinances within Seattle? I usually spend a day or two there before I head to Port Townsend.

thanks.

Packer fan

imported post

I don't know if you are talking strictly to Ill but my family originated from Belvidere or Rockford,Illand Beloit, Wi. I now live in Ar. My parents live in Mo along with my Uncle from Ill. I'm from Wi.

My family thinks I'm crazy for carrying all the time because we live in such a low crime rate area. Anyway here are three reactions I got for OC at my own home.

Neighbor kid about 11yrs came over to play with my kids. I again was OC at my home.The kid turns to one of my daughters and said, "your Dad scares me with his gun." She turns and asks,"why?" "Because it's scary." She looks at him and says, "why? it's only a tool and he carries it just in case someone breaks in. He carries it to protect us. He's never had to use it and he never pulls it out." "Does he have a permit or training for to carry it?" he asked. " Yes." she answers confidently. "That makes me feel better." he returns. He still is coming over to play with the kids.

Ihad friends over for a BBQ and I OC at my house all the time. Friend asked sarcastically, "are you ready for an invasion?" I asked, "what?"He repeated the question with a mocking laugh in his voice. I laughed and just walked out to check the smoked,marinated chicken. Now I was not there to hear this butmy wife asked what he meant and he just said well hes carrying a gun and a knife. She told him well I'm carrying too and showed him her Kahr CW40 that she was CC. That ended that conversation.

I went to visit my parents who live in Mo. Now I usually OC there too but I thought we were going over to my Uncles place and since I don't know how he feels about OC I CC that day. I respect others peoples property. Anyway, I got to my Dad's and I walk into the house and my Dad asked what I had on my hip today.He looked and said, "oh, only a knife. You usually have gun on your hip." I was there all day and even went out and shot my Taurus Millennium Pro PT140 and he didn't even know that I had it on me. As I was leaving I showed him that I was carrying. He looked surprised and I said, "see you didn't even know that I was carrying did you?" "No," he said, "I know that Dorothy (my wife) has hers tattooed to her..." I just laughed. I like to OC my wife likes to CC.

People that know us well assume that we carry. They may think us strange for doing so but...