Campaign kick-off[/b]

Date/time:
    Nov7,2009 7:00 pm

Fairfax Station Railroad Museum
    11200 Fairfax Station Rd.
    Fairfax Station, VA
    (directions)

Details:

Join us for dessert & coffee to kick-off Steve Hunt's endeavor to win the special election for Attorney General-elect Ken Cuccinelli's state senate seat. Let's work to bring common sense solutions & leadership to Richmond.

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Can somebody 'splain to me why there's no "issues" page on his website?

"Conservative principles" is a lot like "I support the 2nd Amendment." It says only what people ASSUME it to mean.

And his announcement focuses on his party, not the issues. I like what I read, but it's way too generic to make an informed decision.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

Tess wrote:
    I see a tab that says issues...

http://www.stevehunt.org/issues.php

Individual and Human Rights

Steve strongly believe in defending the founding principles contained in the Bill of Rights - life, liberty & pursuit of happiness. This means defending the lives of the vulnerable, including the child in the womb and the senior citizen in the hospital. It means protecting private property rights, freedom of speech, worship and assembly and the Second Amendment and the related right to self defense.

Post imported post

fairfax1 wrote:
    Tess wrote:

http://www.stevehunt.org/issues.php.

Steve strongly believe in defending the founding principles contained in the Bill of Rights - life, liberty & pursuit of happiness. This means defending the lives of the vulnerable, including the child in the womb and the senior citizen in the hospital. It means protecting private property rights, freedom of speech, worship and assembly and the Second Amendment and the related right to self defense.
    Broken link.

Remove the period after the url.

Post imported post

I met him at the Bob McDonnell rally in Burke. I was open carrying at the time and he was very happy to see it. He seems extremely pro-gun and, for the short period that I was talking to him, seems like a really nice guy. His wife was very nice too.

Post imported post

He's also attended a few of the VCDL meetings.

Post imported post

Fixed link:

This site has only been up and running for a couple days. That section may not have been added yet when you checked it.

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Apologize. Apparently the very top of the web site didn't show (I was on my notebook computer).
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

I had a good conversation withSteve at a VCDL meeting a few months back, he seems to be a good guy.
    Based on our conversation I'd vote for him if I was able.
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

I just realized how immature I was when I read the title of this thread and immediately thought "Boy I wish his first name was Mike".

Post imported post

fairfax1 wrote:
    Tess wrote:

The phrase in bold in not there, if it ever was.

Post imported post

I guess he updated the site, here is what it says now:

Life - Life is precious and should be protected from conception to natural death. This is especially true for the life of the vulnerable; the child in the womb, those unable to care for themselves and the senior citizen in the hospital. Also, an individual has the right to defend his and his family's lives through the right to keep and bear arms.

Post imported post

Repeater wrote:
    fairfax1 wrote:
    Tess wrote:

The phrase in bold in not there, if it ever was.
    It was there when I posted a fixed link.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

Latest wording is still good.

"Life - Life is precious and should be protected from conception to natural death. This is especially true for the life of the vulnerable; the child in the womb, those unable to care for themselves and the senior citizen in the hospital. Also, an individual has the right to defend his and his family's lives through the right to keep and bear arms."

Yata hey

You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
    Latest wording is still good.

"Life - Life is precious and should be protected from conception to natural death. This is especially true for the life of the vulnerable; the child in the womb, those unable to care for themselves and the senior citizen in the hospital. Also, an individual has the right to defend his and his family's lives through the right to keep and bear arms."

Yata hey

That is different than I read this morning. He must be reading this thread.

Post imported post

I wish I saw this before it was already over, I like going to local events...

As for Steve Hunt, I believe I saw him (for the first time) at the GMU Gun Rights Week, spring 2008.

Post imported post

So, I had something come up, and I could not not make it to this event myself. Did anyone else go?