• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Steve Hunt Campaign kick-off

VApatriot

imported post

http://www.stevehunt.org/

Campaign kick-off[/b]

Date/time:
Nov7,2009 7:00 pm

Fairfax Station Railroad Museum
11200 Fairfax Station Rd.
Fairfax Station, VA
(directions)

Details:

Join us for dessert & coffee to kick-off Steve Hunt's endeavor to win the special election for Attorney General-elect Ken Cuccinelli's state senate seat. Let's work to bring common sense solutions & leadership to Richmond.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Can somebody 'splain to me why there's no "issues" page on his website?

"Conservative principles" is a lot like "I support the 2nd Amendment." It says only what people ASSUME it to mean.

And his announcement focuses on his party, not the issues. I like what I read, but it's way too generic to make an informed decision.

fairfax1

imported post

Tess wrote:
I see a tab that says issues...

http://www.stevehunt.org/issues.php

Individual and Human Rights

Steve strongly believe in defending the founding principles contained in the Bill of Rights - life, liberty & pursuit of happiness. This means defending the lives of the vulnerable, including the child in the womb and the senior citizen in the hospital. It means protecting private property rights, freedom of speech, worship and assembly and the Second Amendment and the related right to self defense.

Glock27Bill

imported post

fairfax1 wrote:
Tess wrote:

http://www.stevehunt.org/issues.php.

Steve strongly believe in defending the founding principles contained in the Bill of Rights - life, liberty & pursuit of happiness. This means defending the lives of the vulnerable, including the child in the womb and the senior citizen in the hospital. It means protecting private property rights, freedom of speech, worship and assembly and the Second Amendment and the related right to self defense.
Broken link.

Remove the period after the url.

richarcm

imported post

I met him at the Bob McDonnell rally in Burke. I was open carrying at the time and he was very happy to see it. He seems extremely pro-gun and, for the short period that I was talking to him, seems like a really nice guy. His wife was very nice too.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Apologize. Apparently the very top of the web site didn't show (I was on my notebook computer).

Marco

imported post

I had a good conversation withSteve at a VCDL meeting a few months back, he seems to be a good guy.
Based on our conversation I'd vote for him if I was able.

G9M&P15

imported post

I just realized how immature I was when I read the title of this thread and immediately thought "Boy I wish his first name was Mike".

Repeater

imported post

fairfax1 wrote:
Tess wrote:

The phrase in bold in not there, if it ever was.

fairfax1

imported post

I guess he updated the site, here is what it says now:

Life - Life is precious and should be protected from conception to natural death. This is especially true for the life of the vulnerable; the child in the womb, those unable to care for themselves and the senior citizen in the hospital. Also, an individual has the right to defend his and his family's lives through the right to keep and bear arms.

Glock27Bill

imported post

Repeater wrote:
fairfax1 wrote:
Tess wrote:

The phrase in bold in not there, if it ever was.

It was there when I posted a fixed link.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Latest wording is still good.

"Life - Life is precious and should be protected from conception to natural death. This is especially true for the life of the vulnerable; the child in the womb, those unable to care for themselves and the senior citizen in the hospital. Also, an individual has the right to defend his and his family's lives through the right to keep and bear arms."

Yata hey

richarcm

imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Latest wording is still good.

"Life - Life is precious and should be protected from conception to natural death. This is especially true for the life of the vulnerable; the child in the womb, those unable to care for themselves and the senior citizen in the hospital. Also, an individual has the right to defend his and his family's lives through the right to keep and bear arms."

Yata hey
That is different than I read this morning. He must be reading this thread.

nova

imported post

I wish I saw this before it was already over, I like going to local events...

As for Steve Hunt, I believe I saw him (for the first time) at the GMU Gun Rights Week, spring 2008.