Thread: reasons

Post imported post

Im new to this site and applying for my permit in Concord. I am looking for reasons to put or not to put on my app. Thaks in advance

Post imported post

Protection....is probably most common.
    States donít have rights. People do.

Post imported post

I always put down "For all lawful purposes".

Post imported post

The only reason I see to put in an app is to be protected in the time of being in a vehicle. If a license were not required for being in a car I would not have a license. I open carry pretty much all the time.

In theory you are on record with the town as having a license and if they wanted to confiscate they'd have an "easier" time finding you. My license is from another town so I'm not too upset about that, however I hope by the time I renew the in car exception is removed.

Post imported post

doobie wrote:
    The only reason I see to put in an app is to be protected in the time of being in a vehicle. If a license were not required for being in a car I would not have a license. I open carry pretty much all the time.

In theory you are on record with the town as having a license and if they wanted to confiscate they'd have an "easier" time finding you. My license is from another town so I'm not too upset about that, however I hope by the time I renew the in car exception is removed.
    You are required to notify, in writing, when moving to a different town.

Post imported post

nhsig220 wrote:
    doobie wrote:

I went to the office and said I moved into town with a license. They ask, "Did I want to pay $10 for a new one?" I said no. They said then I didn't have to do anything. I said,"The RSA said I needed to inform you in writing." He took a piece of paper out of the trash handed it to me and a pen. I asked him what I should write on it. he said, "Just write 'I moved to the town with a pistol license from another city." I asked if I should put my name/addr on it. He said I didn't need to. I wrote that gave it to him and he threw it in the trash and said, "Considered yourself having informed us in writing."

Post imported post

doobie wrote:
    nhsig220 wrote:
    I went to the office and said I moved into town with a license. They ask, "Did I want to pay $10 for a new one?" I said no. They said then I didn't have to do anything. I said,"The RSA said I needed to inform you in writing." He took a piece of paper out of the trash handed it to me and a pen. I asked him what I should write on it. he said, "Just write 'I moved to the town with a pistol license from another city." I asked if I should put my name/addr on it. He said I didn't need to. I wrote that gave it to him and he threw it in the trash and said, "Considered yourself having informed us in writing."
    :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

Opt-Out Members

Post imported post

doobie wrote:
    nhsig220 wrote:
    doobie wrote:

Gotta love NH!

Opt-Out Members

Post imported post

concord211 wrote:
    Im new to this site and applying for my permit in Concord. I am looking for reasons to put or not to put on my app. Thaks in advance
    I got mine in Concord when I lived there. I put "for self-defense and all legal purposes." No problems at all. I did have to go to the PD on day 14 and ask if it was ready - it was. They do not inform you when it is ready.

Post imported post

I need to renew mine this month. I put "RSA 159; any lawful purpose on it".

Happy Birthday, welcome to Concord!