• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

reasons

concord211

imported post

Im new to this site and applying for my permit in Concord. I am looking for reasons to put or not to put on my app. Thaks in advance

doobie

imported post

The only reason I see to put in an app is to be protected in the time of being in a vehicle. If a license were not required for being in a car I would not have a license. I open carry pretty much all the time.

In theory you are on record with the town as having a license and if they wanted to confiscate they'd have an "easier" time finding you. My license is from another town so I'm not too upset about that, however I hope by the time I renew the in car exception is removed.

nhsig220

imported post

doobie wrote:
The only reason I see to put in an app is to be protected in the time of being in a vehicle. If a license were not required for being in a car I would not have a license. I open carry pretty much all the time.

In theory you are on record with the town as having a license and if they wanted to confiscate they'd have an "easier" time finding you. My license is from another town so I'm not too upset about that, however I hope by the time I renew the in car exception is removed.
You are required to notify, in writing, when moving to a different town.

doobie

imported post

nhsig220 wrote:
doobie wrote:

I went to the office and said I moved into town with a license. They ask, "Did I want to pay $10 for a new one?" I said no. They said then I didn't have to do anything. I said,"The RSA said I needed to inform you in writing." He took a piece of paper out of the trash handed it to me and a pen. I asked him what I should write on it. he said, "Just write 'I moved to the town with a pistol license from another city." I asked if I should put my name/addr on it. He said I didn't need to. I wrote that gave it to him and he threw it in the trash and said, "Considered yourself having informed us in writing."

KBCraig

imported post

doobie wrote:
nhsig220 wrote:
I went to the office and said I moved into town with a license. They ask, "Did I want to pay $10 for a new one?" I said no. They said then I didn't have to do anything. I said,"The RSA said I needed to inform you in writing." He took a piece of paper out of the trash handed it to me and a pen. I asked him what I should write on it. he said, "Just write 'I moved to the town with a pistol license from another city." I asked if I should put my name/addr on it. He said I didn't need to. I wrote that gave it to him and he threw it in the trash and said, "Considered yourself having informed us in writing."
:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

PatMcCotter

Opt-Out Members
imported post

doobie wrote:
nhsig220 wrote:
doobie wrote:

Gotta love NH!

PatMcCotter

Opt-Out Members
imported post

concord211 wrote:
Im new to this site and applying for my permit in Concord. I am looking for reasons to put or not to put on my app. Thaks in advance
I got mine in Concord when I lived there. I put "for self-defense and all legal purposes." No problems at all. I did have to go to the PD on day 14 and ask if it was ready - it was. They do not inform you when it is ready.