Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sig Sauer?

Post imported post

Is a Sig Sauer a good brand for a handgun? I've never heard of this brand and am not really sure if I want to buy one before I hear more about it. the handgun is a Sig Sauer "Sig Pro" 2340, .40cal. If any of you know about this gun could you let me know your thoughts on it.

Thanks.

Post imported post

A Sig is a lot like a BMW. Expensive, but very nice and totally worth the price.

It is among what I consider the big 3 brands of production auto's where you can count on out of the box reliability based only on their brand. The other 2 are Glock and HK. Sig also tends to be very accurate.

I carry Sig, and I don't really want anything else. Aside from another Sig when I have the money to spend on it.

No gun is perfect for everyone, so try shooting it before you buy, but I'd say the odd's are very good you'll like Sigs.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

i trust my life with it

my p220 was made in like 1998 and its still going strong with no problems

Post imported post

I have a Sig P220 and P226 purchased them in the late 80' and early 90's they are by far my favorite pistols to shoot.
    Freedom is a bit like sex, when your getting it you take it for granted, when you're not you want it bad, other people get mad at you for having it and others want to take it away from you so only they have it.

Post imported post

Last I knew... SEAL's were carryin' Sig P220's. (.45acp) That's a good 'nuf recommendation for me.

Post imported post

LOVE Sigs. My first handgun was a P229R (bought on my 21st Bday) and I've shot it probably 2000 times without trouble. As in, it's never failed in any way, ever, to fire, eject, or lock back. Very accurate gun, although I can shoot my 1911 a little better. A P226, P220, and (eventually) a P210 are all on my list of need-to-get guns.

I have heard that Sig's QC has been lacking lately, but I've no experience of this. My Sig is about 1 1/2 years old now and it's been perfect. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a new Sig right now if I had the money lying around.

Post imported post

The SP polymer line is different from the classic P series that most people have commented on, but I have heard good things about them also. For a competitive price, you can get Sig quality.

Post imported post

Nate245 wrote:
    Is a Sig Sauer a good brand for a handgun? I've never heard of this brand and am not really sure if I want to buy one before I hear more about it. the handgun is a Sig Sauer "Sig Pro" 2340, .40cal. If any of you know about this gun could you let me know your thoughts on it.

Thanks.
    They are GTG, but heavy. I believe the last ad I read stated: "To hell and back" Here is a site for you to read up on them. http://www.sigforum.com/

Post imported post

... I trust my life to my SIG P226; over 3k/rds through it without a glitch; its my daily carry.

Post imported post

I'm thinking of purchasing the Sig p2022. Any of you haveany insightabout it?

Post imported post

Buying my first hand gun tuesday. Sig p239 .40.....Good to see this thread to confirm myself I made the right choice.

Post imported post

US Secret Service carries Sigs. I have carried a sig (I'm carrying an XDM now, long story) but two of my rifles are Sigs.

Can't go wrong with the lifetime warranty too!

Post imported post

Once you buy and shoot a Sig, you won't stop owning more in various size and caliber. You'll then become a Sig-a-holic. It's a form on Sig-ness and at this time there is no known cure.

Don't ask me how I know.....

Post imported post

GWbiker wrote:
    Once you buy and shoot a Sig, you won't stop owning more in various size and caliber. You'll then become a Sig-a-holic. It's a form on Sig-ness and at this time there is no known cure.

Don't ask me how I know.....
    Well If thats the case then I have a serious case of Sig-ness! And I dont think I have a problem with that!

Post imported post

I have the P229 in .357 Sig, Short Return Trigger (SRT), nite-sites, and I added the Crimson Trace Laser Grip. This model can also be changed to .40 S&W by changing just the barrel, uses the same mags.

I researched for about 6 months before I bought. Several reasons,

1), reliable, 2), perfectly balanced mid-sized frame,3), no safety, just a decocking lever.

I recommend Sig-Sauers to everyone...period.
    "My dedication to my country's flag rests on my ardent belief in this noblest of causes, equality for all. If my future rests under this earth rather than upon it, I fear not."

-Leopold Karpeles, US Civil War Medal of Honor Recipient

Post imported post

MarlboroLts5150 wrote:
    I have the P229 in .357 Sig, Short Return Trigger (SRT), nite-sites, and I added the Crimson Trace Laser Grip. This model can also be changed to .40 S&W by changing just the barrel, uses the same mags.

I researched for about 6 months before I bought. Several reasons,

1), reliable, 2), perfectly balanced mid-sized frame,3), no safety, just a decocking lever.

I recommend Sig-Sauers to everyone...period.
    How do you like the laser grips? Are they wider then the stock grips?

Post imported post

Michigander wrote:
    A Sig is a lot like a BMW.
    10 times more parts than needed, most of which serve no purpose except to create computer signals that will prevent the engine from running when they break and cost a ton to replace?

I don't think that describes a SIG at all. ;-)

Maybe if the slide were made of plastic, and there were 15 wires that do nothing but cause an FTF if they come unplugged... Oh, and a cup holder too small to hold anything.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Post imported post

Hm. Never fired a SIG -- always been a 1911 kinda guy.

Might be fun to shoot a SIG in .45 ACP sometime, though. Anyone out there have one?

Post imported post

Pistol-Packing-Preacher-in-PV wrote:

Might be fun to shoot a SIG in .45 ACP sometime, though. Anyone out there have one?
    No I dont a sig in .45 isnt very commmon, they tend to stick with the big 3. 9mm 357 .40

Post imported post

Pistol-Packing-Preacher-in-PV wrote:

Don't have one but I've shot a couple P220s in .45 ACP. They feel nice but the muzzle flip was very noticeable... I've been spoiled by 1911s.

rc4life wrote:
    No I dont a sig in .45 isnt very commmon, they tend to stick with the big 3. 9mm 357 .40
    Uhhh.. the P220 is almost considered the "quintessential" Sig. Nowadays it's only in .45.

Post imported post

I looked at a P220 today. I need to tell Santa what I want for Christmas.

Post imported post

sigsog7 wrote:
    Don't have one but I've shot a couple P220s in .45 ACP. They feel nice but the muzzle flip was very noticeable... I've been spoiled by 1911s.
    I researched the different brands before I started buying guns and started with a Sig P220 Carry. I added the stainless elite P220, equinox and match P220's. After that I acquired a pair of Government 1911's and a few other guns (before all were tragically lost in a boating accidents).

So my experience is that, (Sig Sauer) what I started out withis the best gun for a couple reasons. While I like my 1911's the weight of the stainless elite P220 matches them and felt recoil is better on the P220. The breakdown of the P220 and cleaning takes me 2 minutes where the 1911 takes me 10. Less parts, easier breakdown and maintenance and equal reliability and accuracy to a 1911. Cost is about the same.

The polymer framed versions do have more of a "muzzle flip" than the stainless version but with the full size grip it only takes a little getting used to. I highly recommend their guns but the usual turnoff to the people I talk to is the price. They see they can get a Glock or Springfield (or even Taurus) for a couple to several hundred less and typically don't look back. Most people I bump into around here either have a 1911, Springfield XD variant with a few Glock and Taurus thrown in.

Post imported post

45acpForMe wrote:
    sigsog7 wrote:
    I researched the different brands before I started buying guns and started with a Sig P220 Carry. I added the stainless elite P220, equinox and match P220's. After that I acquired a pair of Government 1911's and a few other guns (before all were tragically lost in a boating accidents).

So my experience is that, (Sig Sauer) what I started out withis the best gun for a couple reasons. While I like my 1911's the weight of the stainless elite P220 matches them and felt recoil is better on the P220. The breakdown of the P220 and cleaning takes me 2 minutes where the 1911 takes me 10. Less parts, easier breakdown and maintenance and equal reliability and accuracy to a 1911. Cost is about the same.

The polymer framed versions do have more of a "muzzle flip" than the stainless version but with the full size grip it only takes a little getting used to. I highly recommend their guns but the usual turnoff to the people I talk to is the price. They see they can get a Glock or Springfield (or even Taurus) for a couple to several hundred less and typically don't look back. Most people I bump into around here either have a 1911, Springfield XD variant with a few Glock and Taurus thrown in.
    One reason I'm a "shoot before I buy" kinda person -- I want to know what I'm getting into before I drop the moolah. Of course, the 1911 was a definite "try before I buy," since I used one fairly extensively in the Marine Corps.

Tried an XD .45 -- didn't NOT like it, but didn't like it much, either (even though I have decent-sized hands, I generally don't like fat, double-stack grips). Same with a Glock I fired. Tried a KAHR in .45 -- shot well with it, but didn't like the reaction in my hand.

I'm rambling, I guess. Just like to try a P220 (full-size) and see how she shoots.

Post imported post

After shooting quite a few firearms, I admit being a fan of the Glock overall to thisday. Nothing like popping in a 30rnd mag in the19 and shooting away. I have owned Glock 19 & 26 and believe the 19 is my favorite to this day. It's not a 'pretty' firearm but I can't find anything that matches it's performance, accuracy,weight, east toclean. The XDm is a great firearm as well, a little heavy but highly accurate.

Post imported post

Love my P220 if it wasn't so heavy it would be my EDC
    Freedom is a bit like sex, when your getting it you take it for granted, when you're not you want it bad, other people get mad at you for having it and others want to take it away from you so only they have it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast