• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sig Sauer?

Nate245

imported post

Is a Sig Sauer a good brand for a handgun? I've never heard of this brand and am not really sure if I want to buy one before I hear more about it. the handgun is a Sig Sauer "Sig Pro" 2340, .40cal. If any of you know about this gun could you let me know your thoughts on it.

Thanks.

Michigander

imported post

A Sig is a lot like a BMW. Expensive, but very nice and totally worth the price.

It is among what I consider the big 3 brands of production auto's where you can count on out of the box reliability based only on their brand. The other 2 are Glock and HK. Sig also tends to be very accurate.

I carry Sig, and I don't really want anything else. Aside from another Sig when I have the money to spend on it.

No gun is perfect for everyone, so try shooting it before you buy, but I'd say the odd's are very good you'll like Sigs.

r6-rider

imported post

i trust my life with it

my p220 was made in like 1998 and its still going strong with no problems

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Last I knew... SEAL's were carryin' Sig P220's. (.45acp) That's a good 'nuf recommendation for me.

sigsog7

imported post

LOVE Sigs. My first handgun was a P229R (bought on my 21st Bday) and I've shot it probably 2000 times without trouble. As in, it's never failed in any way, ever, to fire, eject, or lock back. Very accurate gun, although I can shoot my 1911 a little better. A P226, P220, and (eventually) a P210 are all on my list of need-to-get guns.

I have heard that Sig's QC has been lacking lately, but I've no experience of this. My Sig is about 1 1/2 years old now and it's been perfect. I wouldn't hesitate to buy a new Sig right now if I had the money lying around.

Neverwinter

imported post

The SP polymer line is different from the classic P series that most people have commented on, but I have heard good things about them also. For a competitive price, you can get Sig quality.

Article1section23

imported post

Nate245 wrote:
Is a Sig Sauer a good brand for a handgun? I've never heard of this brand and am not really sure if I want to buy one before I hear more about it. the handgun is a Sig Sauer "Sig Pro" 2340, .40cal. If any of you know about this gun could you let me know your thoughts on it.

Thanks.
They are GTG, but heavy. I believe the last ad I read stated: "To hell and back" Here is a site for you to read up on them. http://www.sigforum.com/

jadedone4

imported post

... I trust my life to my SIG P226; over 3k/rds through it without a glitch; its my daily carry.

GF

imported post

I'm thinking of purchasing the Sig p2022. Any of you haveany insightabout it?

Pace

imported post

US Secret Service carries Sigs. I have carried a sig (I'm carrying an XDM now, long story) but two of my rifles are Sigs.

Can't go wrong with the lifetime warranty too!

GWbiker

imported post

Once you buy and shoot a Sig, you won't stop owning more in various size and caliber. You'll then become a Sig-a-holic. It's a form on Sig-ness and at this time there is no known cure.

Don't ask me how I know.....:D

rc4life

imported post

GWbiker wrote:
Once you buy and shoot a Sig, you won't stop owning more in various size and caliber. You'll then become a Sig-a-holic. It's a form on Sig-ness and at this time there is no known cure.

Don't ask me how I know.....:D
Well If thats the case then I have a serious case of Sig-ness! And I dont think I have a problem with that!

MarlboroLts5150

imported post

I have the P229 in .357 Sig, Short Return Trigger (SRT), nite-sites, and I added the Crimson Trace Laser Grip. This model can also be changed to .40 S&W by changing just the barrel, uses the same mags.

I researched for about 6 months before I bought. Several reasons,

1), reliable, 2), perfectly balanced mid-sized frame,3), no safety, just a decocking lever.

I recommend Sig-Sauers to everyone...period.

rc4life

imported post

MarlboroLts5150 wrote:
I have the P229 in .357 Sig, Short Return Trigger (SRT), nite-sites, and I added the Crimson Trace Laser Grip. This model can also be changed to .40 S&W by changing just the barrel, uses the same mags.

I researched for about 6 months before I bought. Several reasons,

1), reliable, 2), perfectly balanced mid-sized frame,3), no safety, just a decocking lever.

I recommend Sig-Sauers to everyone...period.
How do you like the laser grips? Are they wider then the stock grips?

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Michigander wrote:
A Sig is a lot like a BMW.
10 times more parts than needed, most of which serve no purpose except to create computer signals that will prevent the engine from running when they break and cost a ton to replace?

I don't think that describes a SIG at all. ;-)

Maybe if the slide were made of plastic, and there were 15 wires that do nothing but cause an FTF if they come unplugged... Oh, and a cup holder too small to hold anything.

rc4life

imported post

Pistol-Packing-Preacher-in-PV wrote:
Hm. Never fired a SIG -- always been a 1911 kinda guy.

Might be fun to shoot a SIG in .45 ACP sometime, though. Anyone out there have one?
No I dont a sig in .45 isnt very commmon, they tend to stick with the big 3. 9mm 357 .40

sigsog7

imported post

Pistol-Packing-Preacher-in-PV wrote:
Hm. Never fired a SIG -- always been a 1911 kinda guy.

Might be fun to shoot a SIG in .45 ACP sometime, though. Anyone out there have one?
Don't have one but I've shot a couple P220s in .45 ACP. They feel nice but the muzzle flip was very noticeable... I've been spoiled by 1911s.

rc4life wrote:
No I dont a sig in .45 isnt very commmon, they tend to stick with the big 3. 9mm 357 .40
Uhhh.. the P220 is almost considered the "quintessential" Sig. Nowadays it's only in .45.