• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sig Sauer?

45acpForMe

imported post

sigsog7 wrote:
Don't have one but I've shot a couple P220s in .45 ACP. They feel nice but the muzzle flip was very noticeable... I've been spoiled by 1911s.
I researched the different brands before I started buying guns and started with a Sig P220 Carry. I added the stainless elite P220, equinox and match P220's. After that I acquired a pair of Government 1911's and a few other guns (before all were tragically lost in a boating accidents).

So my experience is that, (Sig Sauer) what I started out withis the best gun for a couple reasons. While I like my 1911's the weight of the stainless elite P220 matches them and felt recoil is better on the P220. The breakdown of the P220 and cleaning takes me 2 minutes where the 1911 takes me 10. Less parts, easier breakdown and maintenance and equal reliability and accuracy to a 1911. Cost is about the same.

The polymer framed versions do have more of a "muzzle flip" than the stainless version but with the full size grip it only takes a little getting used to. I highly recommend their guns but the usual turnoff to the people I talk to is the price. They see they can get a Glock or Springfield (or even Taurus) for a couple to several hundred less and typically don't look back. Most people I bump into around here either have a 1911, Springfield XD variant with a few Glock and Taurus thrown in.

imported post

45acpForMe wrote:
sigsog7 wrote:
Don't have one but I've shot a couple P220s in .45 ACP. They feel nice but the muzzle flip was very noticeable... I've been spoiled by 1911s.
I researched the different brands before I started buying guns and started with a Sig P220 Carry. I added the stainless elite P220, equinox and match P220's. After that I acquired a pair of Government 1911's and a few other guns (before all were tragically lost in a boating accidents).

So my experience is that, (Sig Sauer) what I started out withis the best gun for a couple reasons. While I like my 1911's the weight of the stainless elite P220 matches them and felt recoil is better on the P220. The breakdown of the P220 and cleaning takes me 2 minutes where the 1911 takes me 10. Less parts, easier breakdown and maintenance and equal reliability and accuracy to a 1911. Cost is about the same.

The polymer framed versions do have more of a "muzzle flip" than the stainless version but with the full size grip it only takes a little getting used to. I highly recommend their guns but the usual turnoff to the people I talk to is the price. They see they can get a Glock or Springfield (or even Taurus) for a couple to several hundred less and typically don't look back. Most people I bump into around here either have a 1911, Springfield XD variant with a few Glock and Taurus thrown in.
One reason I'm a "shoot before I buy" kinda person -- I want to know what I'm getting into before I drop the moolah. Of course, the 1911 was a definite "try before I buy," since I used one fairly extensively in the Marine Corps.

Tried an XD .45 -- didn't NOT like it, but didn't like it much, either (even though I have decent-sized hands, I generally don't like fat, double-stack grips). Same with a Glock I fired. Tried a KAHR in .45 -- shot well with it, but didn't like the reaction in my hand.

I'm rambling, I guess. Just like to try a P220 (full-size) and see how she shoots.

Crossfire Jedi

imported post

After shooting quite a few firearms, I admit being a fan of the Glock overall to thisday. Nothing like popping in a 30rnd mag in the19 and shooting away. I have owned Glock 19 & 26 and believe the 19 is my favorite to this day. It's not a 'pretty' firearm but I can't find anything that matches it's performance, accuracy,weight, east toclean. The XDm is a great firearm as well, a little heavy but highly accurate.

MarlboroLts5150

imported post

rc4life wrote:
MarlboroLts5150 wrote:
I have the P229 in .357 Sig, Short Return Trigger (SRT), nite-sites, and I added the Crimson Trace Laser Grip. This model can also be changed to .40 S&W by changing just the barrel, uses the same mags.

I researched for about 6 months before I bought. Several reasons,

1), reliable, 2), perfectly balanced mid-sized frame,3), no safety, just a decocking lever.

I recommend Sig-Sauers to everyone...period.
How do you like the laser grips? Are they wider then the stock grips?
Not wider, just a different 'feel', different material. Plus, running drills with at the range, I can sight-in alot faster with it. Anyone asks me, I say get it.

MarlboroLts5150

imported post

Plus, one more cool deal was from Blackhawk, their Serpa holster is molded with the CTC laser in mind. No need to modify it.