• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Deros's new toy

DEROS72

imported post

My new Mini -14 I gotwith 2 30 round mags (gives me a total of 5 30 's,2 20's,a 10 and a 5)I picked up for 500 4x Swift scope inc..Great deal.Supplements my Witness .45 and my Bersa .380 quite nicely. Anyone letting go of some .223 ammo I only had 60 rnds.I had a Mini -14 years ago but had to sell but kept the mags I had and cleaning kit and 60 rnds of .223.I have now to many empty magazines.....Need to go shoot this thing.

jbone

imported post

You do live by the "Army of One" Moto.

DEROS72

imported post

I do ,Army of one see photo below,A co.2/8th !st Cav air mobile also assigned to Headquarters Co.75th Rangers ,Vietnam republic of.if someone shows up at my door trying to take these away...

jbone

imported post

Man! not even the VC chassing you missed up the doo.

DEROS72

imported post

Had to have the Army air drop in assorted hair products after a firefight.Nothing worse than going into a contant or hot LZ with helmet hair....What would the NVA think??

jbone

imported post

We’re glad you made home, hair and all brother. Was to Assault weapon loaded?, you don’t look old enough to handle a firearm!

DEROS72

imported post

I was 18 when I went.We turned in our muskets and powder horns when we got there and they gave us real ones.I do like the Mini -14 however great little .223.

Yours truly and my M-60 mad minute shooting up the tree line around the firebase.They made me put on a helmet.

jbone

imported post

Looks like back in the day when the Enemy entered base assaulting troops they didn’t leave alive. If only… Instead they will give this bastard terrorist from Ft. Hood rights, an H1N1 vaccine, his own cell, cable TV and better food than the troops on the front lines. Hope he’s violated like you can’t speak of with he gets to Kansas.

DEROS72

imported post

You got that right...Why we tolerate these people is the problem not guns.Anyway Off topic... When we caught NVA We let the S.Vietnamese deal with them and they didn't have to follow our rules.

Anyway we are going to have to seriously get prepared to protect our rights and the Constitution form those that think it means nothing.....Now of course the Mini-14 is a varment gun or for home protection ya know!

Commodore76

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
You got that right...Why we tolerate these people is the problem not guns.Anyway Off topic... When we caught NVA We let the S.Vietnamese deal with them and they didn't have to follow our rules.

Anyway we are going to have to seriously get prepared to protect our rights and the Constitution form those that think it means nothing.....Now of course the Mini-14 is a varment gun or for home protection ya know!

Honestly, I had no chance of makin a comment on your hair bein perfect in combat. We got some really quick folks here!

Great pics! I didn't see anything like that on facebook. One day I'll learn how to scan my pics and post some... I never had a good hair day, though.

DEROS72

imported post

I did ask the Army if I could go to Iraq and show these young guys how to look good in a firefight.Nothing likeproper hair management in a combat zone well except jarhead he didn't have any....lol Enough with the hair.Isn't that Mini-14 cool or what??

Boo Boo

Banned
imported post

its about the hair. and not sure in an apt that the mini14 is a good home defense weapon

FMCDH

imported post

I think Deros intends the hypothetical home invader to *shite* himself and run away crying. No need to shoot em when they do that. ;)

Commodore76

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
I did ask the Army if I could go to Iraq and show these young guys how to look good in a firefight.Nothing likeproper hair management in a combat zone well except jarhead he didn't have any....lol Enough with the hair.Isn't that Mini-14 cool or what??
That is a sweet lookin ride! You should bring it down to my property fora test drive! As long as you let others (Me) take the wheel occasionally! ;)

DEROS72

imported post

If need be it will work fine.I also have a full lenth black leather duster that with the stock folded slings quite well under that coat.Would that then count as a concealed pistol.

killchain

imported post

DEROS72 wrote:
If need be it will work fine.I also have a full lenth black leather duster that with the sock folded slings quite well under that coat.Would that then count as a concealed pistol.
That's a good question. We need advice on this. :p